Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it is very annoying. I've called before and they have to attempt a delivery first, before I can ask to pick it up. I'm off Monday, but I have my stuff delivered to work, so back to work I'll come.

I really like the face of the new Zilla, but he's so out of proportion, in his totality he appears like a cross between the film Godzilla and some dinosaur from King Kong.

So it will go in the "polystone statue" category then? Usually the better version is the Maquette.

If that's the case we're in trouble.

I was looking forward to the Maquette but no way it's worth what they're asking.
This has promise, I'm liking the base the more I see it.
Hope they keep the detail on this.

Will look nice in a Besta, the Maquette is a space eater.

I'm guessing, though smaller, this about equal to the Pacific Rim statues.

Pacific Rim Knifehead: Pacific Rim Statue by Sideshow Collec | Sideshow Collectibles

I wouldn't worry about the size indicating quality, as mentioned, Sideshow's done amazing work at even smaller scales, their Alien dioramas were about 12" total size, the creatures themselves maybe like 8" tall, and the paint work and sculpt detail was amazing.

While yes, the detail on the final Godzilla piece seems lost, it wasn't that strong to begin with on the prototype. The detail on this statue is already much sharper and clearly defined, if anything it could do with some sharpness lost in molding so it should come out great in the end.

Ok, seems like photo angles really hurt the proportion perception on this piece, is the head still too big, a little, but not as bad as most shots make it look, this looks stunning.

san-diego-comic-con-2015-sideshow-collectibles-044.jpg

san-diego-comic-con-2015-sideshow-collectibles-045.jpg

I would of rather of had a MUTO maquette to go with Godzilla.. or hell why not get creative and make a damn base for these guys that features a dying or dead MUTO, or hell I wouldn't mind a smaller statue that features Godzilla fighting a MUTO.

I wouldn't worry about the size indicating quality, as mentioned, Sideshow's done amazing work at even smaller scales, their Alien dioramas were about 12" total size, the creatures themselves maybe like 8" tall, and the paint work and sculpt detail was amazing.

Yeah, totally agree. My 'if that's the case we're in trouble' was a response to the suggestion that the Mqauettes are usually better than the smaller statues.

I have the predator 1 & 2 Dios. Although the actual Preds are pretty small they look awesome.

I would of rather of had a MUTO maquette to go with Godzilla.. or hell why not get creative and make a damn base for these guys that features a dying or dead MUTO, or hell I wouldn't mind a smaller statue that features Godzilla fighting a MUTO.

Looking at the Pacific Rim statues, it would be cool to see Godzilla in water, would compensate for the feet inaccuracies.

I never cared for the maquette base, the mix of a debris top with a side look more fit for a Terminator piece.

While I'd welcome and environmental base, I lile the Godzilla logo from the film and the red against his color reminds me of the Mondo SDCC poster and I love the combo of greys and red.

image.jpg

Ok, seems like photo angles really hurt the proportion perception on this piece, is the head still too big, a little, but not as bad as most shots make it look, this looks stunning.

san-diego-comic-con-2015-sideshow-collectibles-044.jpg
godzilla_2014__savior_of_our_city__by_sonichedgehog2-d7teur6.jpg

I think the SS failed in proportions because their sculptors didn't realize how fat and massive Godzilla's back or body really is in the movie. At the right proportion the head should looks small in the full body picture.

So I hear a lot of complaining here but does anybody actually have it in hand yet? what's the final consensus on this piece so I can decide if I should cancel it or keep it

So I hear a lot of complaining here but does anybody actually have it in hand yet? what's the final consensus on this piece so I can decide if I should cancel it or keep it
Inhand pictures will start coming in on Monday.

We have seen a Sideshow video and production pictures which are severely lacking detail and colour.

This new Godzilla maquette, looks absolutely dreadful. The shape and nearly everything about that piece is wrong! If we compare it to how Sideshow and different companies, made the Godzilla, this is by far one of the most horrific sculpts. Sideshow's version, as well with the X-plus is spot on, compared to that junk...

This piece is considered to be a statue, not a maquette. Is this statue perfect? No, but it is not dreadful or horrific IMO. You speak of Sideshow's version being better. You do realize that this statue is also produced by Sideshow. Like I said not perfect, but I like it more than the maquette.

godzilla_2014__savior_of_our_city__by_sonichedgehog2-d7teur6.jpg

I think the SS failed in proportions because their sculptors didn't realize how fat and massive Godzilla's back or body really is in the movie. At the right proportion the head should looks small in the full body picture.

Yeah. To make it worse the big red "staples" base looks very bad. That and the lack of film accuracy just kill the new small zilla.

As a stylized statue that captures the spirit of the 2014 Godzilla, I really like it. In some ways, I like it better than the actual film design. If it's not a rip off, I will pick it up.

I would still like to see pics of the maquette as they start making their way into collectors' hands, but this smaller version is looking better in my eyes. I hope the details remain intact to the production version.

Back