Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking forward to this piece since I first found out Sideshow had the license from a licensing convention thingie I read about way before the movie was even set to release. I'm the biggest Godzilla fan you'll ever meet. Didn't love the movie, but I loved Godzilla's design and promised myself I would use the reward points I'd saved up for years to buy this. I don't usually get excited about pre-orders these days, but I've been checking the newsletter every Thursday since the teaser video was put up, hoping for a pre-order day.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this to be $800. I was relieved that he was a bit more modestly sized and was hoping he'd be around $500, maybe $600 at the most. I could use my $370 in rewards to bring him down a little bit below what I thought he'd cost in the first place. Definitely stings a bit, but I think it'd be a bit crazy for me to buy this at the price they're asking. There has to be a limit somewhere.

If you had a time machine, you could go forward in time to win the lottery so you could afford Godzilla.

Godzilla Maquette and the DeLorean Sixth Scale Figure?
Pointless discount or not how the hell did they relate those two products?

Very easy, just change the car in this to a Delorean---->

Go to 39 seconds or click on the YouTube icon on the video

I'd think you'd go forward in time a day or two to get the numbers of the lottery drawing. Then you'd go back to your original time and play those numbers on the lottery draw date in standard time. That 's how I've always envisioned it in my lottery time travel fantasies.

Man that price really sucks, but Godzilla collectibles of this size and quality don't come along very often. I'm really glad that I have rewards point saved up to lessen the blow, at least a little. Ordered.

Man that price really sucks, but Godzilla collectibles of this size and quality don't come along very often. I'm really glad that I have rewards point saved up to lessen the blow, at least a little. Ordered.

No reason to order this now. At that price point they will sit and get 2x rewards or free ship soon enough if you can wait.

Flex pay is the way to go. And $80 isnt so bad ... If this is the only piece your getting hahaha. But im really looking forward to the hot toys alien ripley (est $250-275 ) no powerloader for me that thing is gonna cost $500-600 watch. Xiall from cotd lineup ($450-500 est ) and then the be all end all... Deathwing (prob $1000-1200 est ) and i dont even play wow but that statue is amazing. Here i am complaining yet here i also am saying here sideshow take $2000+ from me.... When all is said and done though i still feel as if the price on this piece should be more at the $600 mark.

No reason to order this now. At that price point they will sit and get 2x rewards or free ship soon enough if you can wait.
Again, depends how many they make.
Anyone got any spare RPs? :lol
Anticipating local retailers price tomorrow :gah:

Can't see any seams on this but would be surprised if it shipped in one piece, plus base.

I don't know, I don't want to miss out on a collectible of one of my favorite characters of all time. I am a huge Godzilla fan. I own every movie, even the crappy Matthew Brodrick film.

OK Not the Maquette but this just showed up in the mail today and I am very happy with it. So are the kids :) Love and just had to share my excitement. Hope the Maquette comes out great and everyone who gets it is as happy as I am with this piece.

Awesome pic JAWS! :clap

How old are they and what did they think of the new Godzilla movie?

Awesome pic JAWS! :clap

How old are they and what did they think of the new Godzilla movie?

Almost 9 and almost 6.

They both enjoyed the new Godzilla film... However they prefer many of the classic films over this one... Especially my oldest... He did not like the CGI Godzilla as much as the classic suits. He likes Harryhausen effects better then CGI also... He is a good boy :)

Little one likes the classic films also... Just not as much as my oldest.

In fact my oldest was the one who convinced me to get this.. When I had a chance to order it I asked him... "Should I get this one or the new SSC one that is coming out" and he said "Always go with the older look Godzilla" Did I mention he was a good boy :) ? They both are and it's great that they have taken an interest in many of the things I loved as a kid. Except for Star Wars :( They still like it, just not like I did/do.

Back