Sideshow G.I. Joe line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pretty much puts the last nail the coffin...
Matt Bischof responds to Screaming Metal (first post):
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-green-lantern-1-6-figure-91.html#post7642049

--

Flag-CasketLarge.gif

Rest in peace Sideshow 12" GI JOE line.

You brought out the best in what characters were produced over the years and for that we're grateful as collectors.

YO JOE!

It's safe to say we all know that Hasbro has no inclination to pick up where Sideshow left off in terms of 12" figures.

HT will only do it with a movie tie in.

I doubt Hasbro will be open to a licensing agreement along the lines of what they had with Sideshow because ultimately it's about the $ as with everything after all is said and done.

If the remote/slim possibility exists that we'll another 1:6 brand/company pick up the GI JOE license and pick up/carry on where Sideshow left off so to speak, I'm guessing it'll be a brand new 1:6 brand/company not necessarily one of the usual suspects that is active in the hobby currently (i.e. DAM, etc.).

As foolhardy as this sounds, I like to think DAM could do it; however, I know that is not going to ever happen.

We're there comments made about the Joe line that were less than kind directed at Matt?

Nope.... just that while he was on, there were a couple of requests for more Joe. I myself, seconded the motion, particularly for Scarlett, and as Matt was part of the team that brought the Joes to production, he commented on them. He didn't get into specifics, but mentioned some of the characters he would have loved to have had made.

Even if another company picks up the line, it's unfortunate that their design may be different from the Sideshow interpretation, and therefore characters may not fit with the SSC ones on the shelf. Plus, they would likely start with the most popular characters (Snake Eyes) to make money initially, instead of characters that people were hoping for from Sideshow.

Just felt the need to post a final reply on SF to say thanks Sideshow for putting the importance of 130 Iron Man variants ahead of the entire Joe line well before the fans where ready to say goodbye. I can't wait to get my hands on the one with the different shoes because the other 129 just don't do it for me.

It more like the Star Wars, Marvel, DC and etc. that took preference over the Joe line.
I guess its one of those situation to "Strike the Iron while its Hot" thing.

Clearly, fans also wanted all of those dioramas...

And those two PF's.

Sideshow could start an Iron Man keychain line and it would sell like fresh air on Venus.

Joe keychains? We'd by all 75 of them, I'm sure.

Environments.....Parts of a blown up house. Other than CC's throne, all generic stuff.

Joe PF's :lol

There was what, a Cobra Commander and 15 crayola Baroness's?

What a poorly envisioned property.

This is y we should support the customizing alliance project and revive the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back