Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true, you can subgenre specific, or even classic or modern horror only. I've meet quite a few people that won't watch anything past 1950. However if you're going to name off a bunch of films like Halloween and Friday the 13th and call yourself a big horror fan, but you've never heard of The Prowler or The Burning, then we can call him out on it all day long.

Those 2 movies alone change my life as child. Especially with the Burning. While I love Jason, something about Cropsey that I almost love more than Jason himself even though most consider The Burning a F13 ripoff. I don't care. Same with the prowler, such an awesome killer and the kills themselves in the Prowler are nothing but pure brutality.

I have a few friends like this as well that talk a lot of horror game, but really haven't seen much past the typical mainstream stuff.

Those 2 movies alone change my life as child. Especially with the Burning. While I love Jason, something about Cropsey that I almost love more than Jason himself even though most consider The Burning a F13 ripoff. I don't care. Same with the prowler, such an awesome killer and the kills themselves in the Prowler are nothing but pure brutality.

I have a few friends like this as well that talk a lot of horror game, but really haven't seen much past the typical mainstream stuff.
Theres so many brutal slasher films out there that are sadistically scary fun. Its kind of become a lost genre though. I think the last good original slasher I saw was the Collector...and before that High Tension.

Theres so many brutal slasher films out there that are sadistically scary fun. Its kind of become a lost genre though. I think the last good original slasher I saw was the Collector...and before that High Tension.
Loved High Tension (Haute Tension). Nice twist ending!

We just watched The Burning a couple weeks ago - total underrated classic IMO. I always crack up seeing Jason Alexander and the guy who played Mark Ratner from Fast Times at Ridgemont High in it.:lol You also have effects by Tom Savini, what more can you ask for?:dunno

I think what we should all do is one year get together for Spook and have a marathon for a weekend. We'd need some where to have though...I vote Buffy's house since she's in between the coasts :lol *waits to get slapped*

I think what we should all do is one year get together for Spook and have a marathon for a weekend. We'd need some where to have though...I vote Buffy's house since she's in between the coasts :lol *waits to get slapped*

Yes totally. I agree. My house is awesome. You should all come here. :D

I may have to check that out. I watched the remake of Maniac with Elijah Wood, actually very creepy film, I enjoyed it. I may try to get a hold of The Gallows as well.
I highly recommend that you skip the Gallows, total crap, IMO. I am looking forward to Cooties as a horror comedy, out this week on demand and limited release. It is made by Elijah Wood's company and stars him (I didn't realize how big of a horror fan he is until I heard him on a recent Nerdist podcast... He sounds like an awesome guy.) I think Green Inferno might be cool too in the vein of Cannibal Holocaust.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I highly recommend that you skip the Gallows, total crap, IMO. I am looking forward to Cooties as a horror comedy, out this week on demand and limited release. It is made by Elijah Wood's company and stars him (I didn't realize how big of a horror fan he is until I heard him on a recent Nerdist podcast... He sounds like an awesome guy.) I think Green Inferno might be cool too in the vein of Cannibal Holocaust.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Eli Roth makes good Horror films and that he loves all the genres, but honestly, once you've seen one Cannibal Film really there's not much more you can do with it. I'm not saying It'll be a bad film but if you've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox and Eaten Alive! You've pretty much seen it all. I'll check it out just because I love Eli Roth but I really wish he'd make Thanksgiving since that's just sitting on a shelf some where.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Eli Roth makes good Horror films and that he loves all the genres, but honestly, once you've seen one Cannibal Film really there's not much more you can do with it. I'm not saying It'll be a bad film but if you've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox and Eaten Alive! You've pretty much seen it all. I'll check it out just because I love Eli Roth but I really wish he'd make Thanksgiving since that's just sitting on a shelf some where.
I completely agree, but I like most Roth movies and I like the concept of the "save the rainforest" plot. But You're Next is really fun.

Need to check out Maniac... Both the original and remake. Sound cool.

Also I'm one of those people who avoid anything pre 70s. I get nothing out of the old flicks like the Mummy and Frankenstein.

We need a Mummy remake that's true horror.

Back