Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex ordered. I had a small amount of reward points to put towards this piece which barely made a dent in the overall cost.

I can't let myself get too excited about ordering this because with the current, long wait of over a year and the inevitable delays, there is a good chance I may be dead before delivery:thud:

I was hoping to like this but I don't really care for it. Not sure exactly what it is but it seems off in some way.

PO'd the EX, this is my first order direct from Sideshow (got the rest of my pieces through Ebay etc) and will be my first EX too so i'm pretty pumped to get it when it's finally ready (not holding my breath).

i decided to order this. It was either getting the exclusive or not getting it at all. I decided that i would probably regret not getting this.

This statue is awesome, but i think the neck will bug me forever!!!!

I understand and have the same feeling about this. :dunno

Yeah, it's underwhelming in many respects. The pose feels plain awkward (akin to Sideshow's ALIEN Big Chap), and he doesn't present as well as the previous Jason III. It feels lazy, too; obviously, Part III Jason sells, and that's why they've released yet another version.

I really can't get past the 'hatchet to the head' wound, either. Jason didn't wander about after copping that hatchet hit in the barn during the finale of Part III - it took him down. Having him wandering about with it belongs in Part IV, not III. Nitpicking, perhaps? Not for a $500 statue it ain't...

LOL! Overpriced...terrible pose...and a year wait?! No thanks. More than happy with the first Part III PF.

Yeah, it's underwhelming in many respects. The pose feels plain awkward (akin to Sideshow's ALIEN Big Chap), and he doesn't present as well as the previous Jason III. It feels lazy, too; obviously, Part III Jason sells, and that's why they've released yet another version.

I really can't get past the 'hatchet to the head' wound, either. Jason didn't wander about after copping that hatchet hit in the barn during the finale of Part III - it took him down. Having him wandering about with it belongs in Part IV, not III. Nitpicking, perhaps? Not for a $500 statue it ain't...

:exactly: It seems like this is true of most of SS releases. You have to be able to look past the inaccuracies and just admire it's "coolness". I would kill for one of Jason's other looks like New Blood, Manhattan, or JGTH. Parts 3 has already been done, not that I consider this a Part 3 as it's obviously just an artistic interpretation of Jason.

:exactly: It seems like this is true of most of SS releases. You have to be able to look past the inaccuracies and just admire it's "coolness". I would kill for one of Jason's other looks like New Blood, Manhattan, or JGTH. Parts 3 has already been done, not that I consider this a Part 3 as it's obviously just an artistic interpretation of Jason.

No question it is not a part 3 Jason.. But I think that is the film SSC has the license for or something. This IMO has the look of several different films.

Personally I love it...Which is strange because I usually tend to go for screen accurate. I think because Jason has changed his look over so many films that this change for the PF does not bother me at all.

I owned the original and never loved it. Even when it was first revealed on Black Friday I was very underwhelmed. I had a huge issue with the pose on the one. It was stiff and lacked any feeling of natural movement... or something I don't know. It was very... boring. I know many love it but it never had that special something. I think if the new piece looked like part 3 Jason but with the same pose and paint apps it would be the Jason sculpt to end all Jason sculpts.

Whatever it is, I am more excited for this piece then I ever was for the original. Having said that I can see how this piece could turn some people off.

No question it is not a part 3 Jason.. But I think that is the film SSC has the license for or something. This IMO has the look of several different films.

Personally I love it...Which is strange because I usually tend to go for screen accurate. I think because Jason has changed his look over so many films that this change for the PF does not bother me at all.

I owned the original and never loved it. Even when it was first revealed on Black Friday I was very underwhelmed. I had a huge issue with the pose on the one. It was stiff and lacked any feeling of natural movement... or something I don't know. It was very... boring. I know many love it but it never had that special something. I think if the new piece looked like part 3 Jason but with the same pose and paint apps it would be the Jason sculpt to end all Jason sculpts.

Whatever it is, I am more excited for this piece then I ever was for the original. Having said that I can see how this piece could turn some people off.

I felt the same way about my original part 3. Recently sold it for a nice profit.

I would say that if you got the other part3 Jason I understand you don`t have interest for this, but if not and you like the character then I don`t and won`t understand. I like the pose on the older better, but I don`t got the statue. I sure won`t pay those crazy aftermarket prizes. So this one is ordered.

The one thing i don`t like too much on this one is the tough man pose.
Uten navnghr.jpg

I don`t mind the strike wound on his head. He got it in the end of part4. Don`t matter, was pretty much the same as part3 Jason. Also you got the speargun, hey the speargun man. Maybe it looks too much with both speargun and the machete in both hands, but at least we got the option for the speargun:yess:
He also had the speargun in part4.

Back