Sideshow, do Disney right!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Prince of Persia debacle should be a clear sign to Sideshow that they need to take a different approach with their Disney license. Sideshow needs to return to the classics. They need to do PFs from Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Alice (original, not Depp), etc. And they need to make more than just villains. They need to make Steamboat Willie, Sorceror Mickey, Goofy, Uncle Scrooge, etc. They need to make the princesses. Up to now, they have tried to do villains, or live action, or edgy characters they think their core Sideshow collectors would like. What they don't understand is that the same collectors (like myself) that like a LOTR Lurtz also like a beautiful representation of Cinderella. In fact, they are making stereotyped assumptions about what a typical Sideshow collector would like by avoiding Mickey and Minnie and Aurora and instead choosing Prince of Persia (which is an untried product not yet worthy of a statue).

often times when a licensee takes on the rights to do a particular group of products, they are required to support the studio's currents projects.
i suspect this is the case with prince of persia.
i think that sideshow has the rights to do ONLY animated vilains, and characters from live action.

i think that sideshow has the rights to do ONLY animated vilains, and characters from live action.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Making only animated villain PF's is a Sideshow choice as much as anything.

While the initial inside look video showed a number of characters and possibilities a few where shown full screen by themselves. These included:

- all 4 Incredibles characters
- The Beast (shown twice)
- Jessica Rabbit (shown twice)

Now, you really can't make the Beast and not have Belle as well and while Jessica would look perfectly fine on her own, wouldn't it be great to have Roger too.

:lol I honestly have no idea if any sorcerer's apprentices are in the works, just making a play on words for Disney fans and reading the future :duff

You should know by now we take everything you say and read as far into it as we can to hear what we want. :lol

P.S. Thanks for the insight. It is always appreciated (even if others don't show it).

Back