Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe 200 is just for exclusive version(Removable spine with a Pterosaur), the quantity of regular version may release in months? I think Dinosaur sells not bad, 750 Ceratosaurus are sold out in middle February or earlier. Every Dino can be sold out sooner or later except Triceratops and Tyrant King.
The reason why Triceratops and Tyrant King are still available now is that SS over estimated the number, it's 2000 for each, not 750, no wonder they can't sell out these two from 2015 to 2017.

I got an email yesterday telling this one will ship in Aug/Sept as well.

Looking forward to this one, hope it's not the last.

Frankly if they released one a quarter I'd buy every last release, but at once a year I'm still very happy. Just keep them coming!

Yeah I really wish there were more releases in this line. I'd be happy with 3 or 4 a year. 2 should really be minimum.

This is why I sold my complete 19 piece collection. Too slow with releases... always questionmarks... better use that room for something else.
Don't get me wrong... it's a nice collection.

I think you can stop collecting from now so that you don't have to wait with question marks in mind anymore, I understand that. But that doesn't mean you have to sell all pieces you already have, unless you have no interest. I'm a bit confused. Anyway I'm just saying, just my opinion. Hope you can find good new collections.

That's pretty low. Looking under the base of the guys I have, they were routinely 1000 runs with other like the triceratops being 500 and the last one, the Ceratosaurus being 750.

Wonder if they just aren't selling that well anymore. Either way, I hope we continue to get more, even if it's down to one per year now.

I think they lost people with the re-release as "statues" with significantly sub-par paint work. IMO it cheapened the whole line and made a joke of the idea of "limited edition". How they decide something is a maquette over a statue these days is beyond me with this line. It used to be maquette or diorama and that made sense. Now there are some with that strange extra black stone base that looks detachable and isn't - another poor idea. Thankfully I got the original release maquettes, plus the mosasaur. Will pick up this Gastonia if the paint quality of the production pieces are more akin to the original Dinosauria pieces.

Hello. From my point of view, and I think I have every right to say, it is that Chronicle Collectibles supposed to come with their horrible paintings to appreciate more this wonderful line Sideshow Dinosauria . I can say that every single statue in this collection have a more than decent painting and painting scheme was kept around 85-90% with the prototype. Whit Only one Maquette they really have committed, the new Carnotaurus was painted in a grotesque manner. Otherwise Believe me Sideshow Collectibles is perfume besides Chronicle. Do not forget that Sideshow has a rigorous quality experience for many years. At the slightest imperfection, I called and they made me a discount of at least $ 50 Do not forget that these dinosaurs are carved by the best of the best paleo-artists on this planet, without any exaggeration. (Adrian Taboada Tony McVey, David Krentz, and my favorite Jorge Blanco). All have a huge experience. For me and for those who really know what is anatomy, will agree with what I say. Full details are taken to the extreme with hundreds of hours ago, only for us to be opportunistic to have such mega grail in our collection.:yess:

Hello. From my point of view, and I think I have every right to say, it is that Chronicle Collectibles supposed to come with their horrible paintings to appreciate more this wonderful line Sideshow Dinosauria . I can say that every single statue in this collection have a more than decent painting and painting scheme was kept around 85-90% with the prototype. Whit Only one Maquette they really have committed, the new Carnotaurus was painted in a grotesque manner. Otherwise Believe me Sideshow Collectibles is perfume besides Chronicle. Do not forget that Sideshow has a rigorous quality experience for many years. At the slightest imperfection, I called and they made me a discount of at least $ 50 Do not forget that these dinosaurs are carved by the best of the best paleo-artists on this planet, without any exaggeration. (Adrian Taboada Tony McVey, David Krentz, and my favorite Jorge Blanco). All have a huge experience. For me and for those who really know what is anatomy, will agree with what I say. Full details are taken to the extreme with hundreds of hours ago, only for us to be opportunistic to have such mega grail in our collection.:yess:

Definitely agree with the comparisons to Chronicle's foray into the Dino realm. The repaints/statues however were very blotchy. The Triceratops statue was not painted well or anywhere near as good as the original Styracosaurus maquette, and the bright orange Carnotaurus was grostesque and the "zebra" repaint of the Apatosaurus looked silly. Great sculpts. Bad re-paint. This Gastonia though looks very good.

I got around to ordering this today with an Originals coupon. I recently picked up the Ceratosaurus, which I think looks nice, so decided to give this one a shot too. I have few Dinosauria pieces, but I've come to appreciate the sculptures and concepts. Too bad I missed the boat on all of the original maquettes. Well something new to hunt around for I suppose.

Good luck. I started collecting Dinosauria in 2014 and I've only been able to get whatever sideshow and other retailers had in stock. I've never once found a discontinued piece for a decent price other than the Amber Mosasaur that's on eBay right now for like $200 shipped.

I had the complete line (18 pieces) except the 1st Rex.
Some are sold and some rare ones like Dilophosaur, Parasaurolophus herd, hatchlings, Tupuxuara are still for sale.
Didn't have the time to put them on Ebay yet...
Focussing on the CC JP line now.
One of the best statue lines.

2zsmaeu.jpg

Good luck. I started collecting Dinosauria in 2014 and I've only been able to get whatever sideshow and other retailers had in stock. I've never once found a discontinued piece for a decent price other than the Amber Mosasaur that's on eBay right now for like $200 shipped.

Yeah, I also picked up the Amber Mosasaur and am really pleased. The patterning/paint apps are really well done on this one, and for the price, you can't go wrong. For those interested, now is the time to hunt this one down on EBay.

A lot of people who collect this line value the paleontological accuracy element and, from those I've spoken to, are quite fussy. As small as it is, I think sideshow releasing some as statues with the generic black additional base was a poor idea. It throws the cohesivensss of the line out. The re-releases as statues (no longer maquettes -??) with the inferior paint job was also a bad move. The reason the tri is still in stock is not just because of the high ES. It's because the paint job is sloppy and blotchy. If the Gastonia production pieces are executed as well as proto, it will be a really impressive addition to the original release pieces.

I had the complete line (18 pieces) except the 1st Rex.
Some are sold and some rare ones like Dilophosaur, Parasaurolophus herd, hatchlings, Tupuxuara are still for sale.
Didn't have the time to put them on Ebay yet...
Focussing on the CC JP line now.
One of the best statue lines.

2zsmaeu.jpg

Great display case for this line Raveleijn. What brand/model is it or is it custom made?

Back