Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:...Just makes me wonder. What the purpose of making it so hard to find the regular editions besides the obvious. Just happy that my want list is getting shorter and my time is limited. Then you guys can have this hobby and all the tricky things that SSC likes to pull on it's collector's.

It just makes me think that this REALLY isn't sold out right now. It is just a trick to get people in the wait list who were otherwise on the fence.

It just makes me think that this REALLY isn't sold out right now. It is just a trick to get people in the wait list who were otherwise on the fence.

That's a fact! Now lets sit back and watch all the WL conversion post start to roll in.

I would love to believe that my favorite comic character is this popular in pop culture. But I have reserved feelings until proven other wise.

Exactly. SSC used to put both REGs and EXs up at the same time during a PO. The fact that it's changed and that the REGs have to be searched for is unusual. The only reason for this would be to bump up the total number of EXs and get peeps to jump on the WL.

The problem is that even if you can sell 1250 EXs of Deadpool by making the REGs harder to find, how in the world will they sell more than 1250 of the REGs? Either they'll make less of the REGs or have them in stock for a looong while. Neither of these options are good. What collector wants to purchase an EX that has a bigger ES than a REG? How does it help SSC to have a lot of REGs just sitting in their warehouse collecting dust?

It seems that SSC is starting to climb up a slippery slope in order to generate more sales. Manipulating demand and edition sizes this way just may blow up in their faces and turn collectors off. The only thing that is worse is dealing with an open ES. I hate that more than anything.

Last edited:
Exactly. SSC used to put both REGs and EXs up at the time during a PO. The fact that it's changed and that the REGs have to be searched for is unusual. The only reason for this would be to bump up the total number of EXs and get peeps to jump on the WL.

The problem is that even if you can sell 1250 EXs of Deadpool by making the REGs harder to find, how in the world will they sell more than 1250 of the REGs? Either they'll make less of the REGs or have them in stock for a looong while. Neither of these options are good. What collector wants to purchase an EX that has a bigger ES than a REG? How does it help SSC to have a lot of REGs just sitting in their warehouse collecting dust?

It seems that SSC is starting to climb up a slippery slope in order to generate more sales. Manipulating demand and edition sizes this way just may blow up in their faces and turn collectors off. The only thing that is worse is dealing with an open ES. I hate that more than anything.

Now that would be ass backwards if they started making the exclusives ES bigger than the Reg ES. That would be the one way ticket that I needed to get my walking papers from this hobby or using the open ES practice for their statues. Maybe a few years ago I'd have tough time stepping away, but those feeling that I had for collecting these statues are long gone. Lets just hope that the hobby isn't turning in that direction...:pray:

The Ivy Ex has had a wait list for MONTHS. Makes me think they false sold out, but can't get the wait list up to the number they need. Oh and the Reg Ivy still has no ES and is still TBD after months.

Now that would be ass backwards if they started making the exclusives ES bigger than the Reg ES. That would be the one way ticket that I needed to get my walking papers from this hobby or using the open ES practice for their statues. Maybe a few years ago I'd have tough time stepping away, but those feeling that I had for collecting these statues are long gone. Lets just hope that the hobby isn't turning in that direction...:pray:

:goodpost: I can't agree more.

this is one of the rare cases where ex is really a must, the regular has absolutely nothing. No ex, no deadpool /nod

You guys act as if the only place selling these is Sideshow direct.

All I was saying is that Sideshows site sucks and navigation should be a little easier so you can find products in a timely manner.

No, but we were commenting on the shenanigans that appear to be going on.

Appears? What kind of company makes it hard/difficult to find its own products on its own website? This is a new business strategy by SSC. This isn't an oversight. Let's see how this works out for them. IMHO, using these tactics to inflate the ES of their pieces will have a damaging effect in the long run. I know that SSC is in business to maximize profits but it should never lose sight of the business strategy that their company was built on. It has gotten them to this point. It'll be interesting to see where it all goes from here.

Appears? What kind of company makes it hard/difficult to find its own products on its own website? This is a new business strategy by SSC. This isn't an oversight. Let's see how this works out for them. IMHO, using these tactics to inflate the ES of their pieces will have a damaging effect in the long run. I know that SSC is in business to maximize profits but it should never lose sight of the business strategy that their company was built on. It has gotten them to this point. It'll be interesting to see where it all goes from here.

:goodpost:...I was trying to find the words to say this but couldn't and gave up, so thanks for speaking for me as well. Who the hell would know to take the "1" off of whatever that was said. I still don't know how to do it, but I don't order reg statues no matter what. But that just goes to show you how difficult it could be for a newbie who has no ideal of how this hobby works.

The customer should be able to type in the name into the search field and all options should come up. He/she shouldn't have to alter/add anything in the URL/web address.

Why are you guys trying to search for something you don't want?

It is because we are noticing THE GAME that is being played, and it doesn't seem right. Can you honestly tell me that the Ex is ACTUALLY sold out. Especially since the Reg is not regularly available.

Back