Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will partly depend on the character/statue itself.
I can see a popular character with a great pose having a high ES from here on out. The more obscure characters or less popular poses will continue to have lower ES, I'm thinking.

SSC are businessmen first before they are fans.

The Dark Lord Sauron
Limited Edition: 9500

and then you are *****ing that the ES on the Deadpool exclusive is high?

This statue was released back in 2005, when premium formats were about $200 to $225, and then Sauron comes along with an ES the size of the moon and about 1.5 times the cost of a regular PF... and it still sold out and people love the statue (apart from the chickenlegs)

Trust me, if there were a 5000 ES for the original Hulk PF, 2000 ES for the original EX Doom PF, or a 2500 ES for the original EX Cap PF, he would be singing a different tune. Ink has teased and joked with many about how great those pieces are and has laughed openly at people who want them and can't afford them. The reason he can gloat is because of the low edition sizes of those pieces. You can't have it both ways

:rotfl :exactly: you, IL and I are on the same page on this concerning and growing issue.

Sideshow needs to understand yes, they may attract new customers with their high ES strategy but they may also lose their existing customers. I know some people here may not care at all about the ES, but one I am sure will agree there is a different feeling when you buy a statue and that statue is sold out within a few hours than when you buy a statue and that statue is end up in stock on Sideshow's site months after months, years after years with a gift card eligible or free shipping (sadly this could happen even with their best products like Batman PF).

Btw 2500 ES regular for Deadpool is A LOT, Deadpool is not even the most popular character in the marvel line and most people like the chicken so what makes Sideshow to put 2500 ES for the regular?

:goodpost::exactly::hi5:

The Dark Lord Sauron

This statue was released back in 2005, when premium formats were about $200 to $225, and then Sauron comes along with an ES the size of the moon and about 1.5 times the cost of a regular PF... and it still sold out and people love the statue (apart from the chickenlegs)

Yes, it was said in another thread that ES's haven't really changed much. So maybe my previous statement was wrong.

I don't have time to do a lengthy product search but Boba Fet PF from 2008 had an ES of 4,000

The Dark Lord Sauron

Only if I cared about this statue you are talking about. I'm just worried about Marvel statues. That's why we are talking about Marvel statues in a Marvel sub-forum. Really don't care about other licenses and the bloated ES of those lines and how they sold...:peace

Only if I cared about this statue you are talking about. I'm just worried about Marvel statues. That's why we are talking about Marvel statues in a Marvel sub-forum. Really don't care about other licenses and the bloated ES of those lines and how they sold...:peace

That's what I like about you IL, you are focused. Too bad you have a soft spot for a certain hot amazon with a golden lasso. Otherwise, your collection would be pure. Hot ass women always have a way of messing things up, don't they? :lol

Trust me, if there were a 5000 ES for the original Hulk PF, 2000 ES for the original EX Doom PF, or a 2500 ES for the original EX Cap PF, he would be singing a different tune. Ink has teased and joked with many about how great those pieces are and has laughed openly at people who want them and can't afford them. The reason he can gloat is because of the low edition sizes of those pieces. You can't have it both ways

True on all accounts. If he were a newer collector also it would be different. People with the older, better products that are worth multiples more now just got in at a good time. Sucks for newer people like me but that's just the way it is. I never heard of Sideshow until 2011.

True on all accounts. If he were a newer collector also it would be different. People with the older, better products that are worth multiples more now just got in at a good time. Sucks for newer people like me but that's just the way it is. I never heard of Sideshow until 2011.

I'm with you bro. I never heard of SS until 7 months ago. Never knew they existed. Getting the older statues sucks because I had to pay 500.00 to 900.00 per statue. Make that around 25 to 35 statues and the prices killed me. Not to mention when I bought a 600.00 to 900.00 statues they can come damage as some did with no chance for replacement parts. Thats why now I have no regrets one bit about buying an new release extra statue now for trade. All of us new comers do not deserve to keep paying such high prices for the older statues. That's the way to get a break from keep paying high prices on the older statues. :wink1:

The test will be to see what the after market price is on the Deadpool and Batman Exs in say 2 years from the release dates. So maybe we should all come back and talk about this again in say 2015 or 2016 and see if buying doubles of DP was worth it or if he is hovering at retail.

The test will be to see what the after market price is on the Deadpool and Batman Exs in say 2 years from the release dates. So maybe we should all come back and talk about this again in say 2015 or 2016 and see if buying doubles of DP was worth it or if he is hovering at retail.

Yes but then SS will double those numbers for the newer hot characters soon. This never ends. :monkey1

The EXs will do fine, they will not lose their value since they are sold out now. And many people including myself is all about the EX escpecially when Sideshow make a zillion regular, such a turn off for me. I think the availability of the regulars could effect the after market EX a little bit. If you are a new collector would you buy EX for $1000 when u still could buy the regular for $400 or less? Probably not, maybe $200-$300 more.

The question should be how long will it take for sideshow to sell 7500 regular batman or 2500 regular deadpool. We all know as long as Sideshow has those regulars in stock no regular owner would be able to sell their used one for a retail price if for whatever reasons they have to sell it. They have to sell it lower than retail (in fact lower than 90% value of the retail if dealers still have in stock) not to mention they have to paypal/ebay fee so the loss could be substantial.

Last edited:
The EXs will do fine, they will not lose their value since they are sold out now. And many people including me is all about the EX escpecially when Sideshow make a zillion regular, such a turn off for me. I think the availability of the regulars could effect the after market EX a little bit. If you are a new collector would you buy EX for $1000 when u still could buy the regular for $400 or less? Probably not, maybe $200-$300 more.

The question should be how long will it take for sideshow to sell 7500 regular batman or 2500 regular deadpool. We all know as long as Sideshow has those regulars in stock no regular owner would be able to sell their used one for a retail price if for whatever reasons they have to sell it. They have to sell it lower than retail (in fact lower than 90% value of the retail if dealers still have in stock) not to mention they have to paypal/ebay fee so the loss could be substantial.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

If regular is available new collector dont pay so much for Ex ..... I think Batman & Deadpool will be instock for long time ..... SS is making Open ES for Galactus Maquette & Hulk Maquette n big ES for character like Deadpool & Ivy......... I consider either there r so many collectors joining this hobby or SS dont want to feed secondary flipper market n make profit themselves

There will always be the EX hounds out there like myself.

Yeah, but there are a lot of guys who won't pay double retail for a chicken or a Batarang if they can simple get the reg for retail or less. If you pay close attention a lot of the post saught after EXs of the last few months are only going for $150-$200 above retail. We will see if they hold even that value once the excitement of having them dies down.

EXs will always maintain a significant premium above the regular versions. For resale purposes, the EX will yield more, everytime.

Yeah, but there are a lot of guys who won't pay double retail for a chicken or a Batarang if they can simple get the reg for retail or less. If you pay close attention a lot of the post saught after EXs of the last few months are only going for $150-$200 above retail. We will see if they hold even that value once the excitement of having them dies down.

Why would the excitement die down? It's the best bats out there period.

That's what I like about you IL, you are focused. Too bad you have a soft spot for a certain hot amazon with a golden lasso. Otherwise, your collection would be pure. Hot ass women always have a way of messing things up, don't they? :lol

I can't help it...:lol

I loved me some Linda Carter back in the day. So I must admit I'm weak when it comes to her. I don't have many women statues in my collection but she for sure has a spot in my heart and collection. Even if she is a little out of place.

I can't help it...:lol

I loved me some Linda Carter back in the day. So I must admit I'm weak when it comes to her. I don't have many women statues in my collection but she for sure has a spot in my heart and collection. Even if she is a little out of place.

I completely understand Bro. Linda was my 1st crush as well. I loved that show because she looked incredible. I even had a red t-shirt with her as WW on it when I was about 10 yrs old. Everyone loved it. Kids and adults alike. Looks like we are not the only ones that fell for her charms back in the day. :lol

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

If regular is available new collector dont pay so much for Ex ..... I think Batman & Deadpool will be instock for long time ..... SS is making Open ES for Galactus Maquette & Hulk Maquette n big ES for character like Deadpool & Ivy......... I consider either there r so many collectors joining this hobby or SS dont want to feed secondary flipper market n make profit themselves

Yes the worst part of this huge ES thing is if we can't sell them back for retail and lose money if we change our minds on a statue. :monkey1

Back