Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the highest ES for a Marvel PF ever?

I think the spidey comiquette is 1250 too

Huge difference between this and Spiderman Comiquette :lecture

3750 total ES vs 1900 total ES, that is 1850 difference (almost double).

No doubt Spiderman is more popular character than deadpool, spiderman probably the most popular character in marvel. Also statue wise Spiderman Comiquette > Deadpool PF.

I like both statues and will own both but I love my spiderman comiquette EX even more now because he seems rare compare to newer releases :)

True but doubt all the exs and regs of 3750 will sell which is gonna cost them also money in a way!

Regular will be available for a long time for sure, Joker regular is still available. I don't think most people like this PF better than Joker PF.

It will be interesting to find out how long the EX will sell out, it didn't take long for Joker PF EX to sell out, I believe less than a week.

I definitely would have liked to see a lower ES but there is still a strong possibility of seeing this piece rise in value down the road. He gets his own movie and game next year so that should be a boost to the popularity.

The way I rationalize taking part in this hobby is that the items I buy maintain their value. If I can get my money back out of them when the time comes to move on, I'm happy. If that changes because they are over produced, Sideshow loses me as a customer. It's up to them to balance the short term gains with the long term sustainability.

I definitely would have liked to see a lower ES but there is still a strong possibility of seeing this piece rise in value down the road. He gets his own movie and game next year so that should be a boost to the popularity.

The way I rationalize taking part in this hobby is that the items I buy maintain their value. If I can get my money back out of them when the time comes to move on, I'm happy. If that changes because they are over produced, Sideshow loses me as a customer. It's up to them to balance the short term gains with the long term sustainability.

:exactly: Thats exactly how I feel

Very well said. Sideshow built their business on this motto. However, profits and an expanding fan base must also be factored in. They have grown significantly since they started their business. Times do change. The balance you mentioned is key to sustaining their business. There is just nothing special about a high number of statues being made that are collecting dust in their warehouse. It is bad for business and will ultimately drive customers away.

the old days of a 500 ES & sideshow obscurity are over...might as well get over it

Vision, Hawkeye, & Scarlet Witch PF beg to differ. Let's not forget that the Rhino Com also clocks in at 500. DP just seems to be more popular than those characters. I really didn't think there was a chance that the EX would be over 750. Good thing I didn't bet the house on it.

Vision, Hawkeye, & Scarlet Witch PF beg to differ. Let's not forget that the Rhino Com also clocks in at 500. DP just seems to be more popular than those characters. I really didn't think there was a chance that the EX would be over 750. Good thing I didn't bet the house on it.

And those four are lower tier characters :huh

Crazy!! Not even the famous statue has this es, sideshow is crazy !! Out of your mind!!

And those four are lower tier characters :huh

Yeah, no doubt. However, Colossus isn't. He is just about as popular as DP and the ES on the EX PF was 500 I believe. I think that since there is no licensed 1/4 DP out there, that may have driven the demand up for the PF. If they ever release a fully sculpted PF of the character, I highly doubt the numbers will be as high.

Hey, I got my EX. That's really all I care about.

wow if i knew the edition size was gonna be over 1000 i wouldnt have bought it really not like the high edition sizes sideshow is putting out, kinda takes the fun out of collecting if the piece isnt even that rare!

I hear ya. Now I know what to look forward to in the future...:(

1250 ES for the Ex. LMFAO! Sideshow pulled a Deadpool on this. how appropriate.

Oh but apparently ES doesn't matter. So who cares right : P

I think we can all agree the EX ES is just too high. 750 would have been better. :grouphug

So a difference of 500 in a worldwide population of almost 7 BILLION makes it that much more abundent??

You know that the excitement of places like this helps to DRIVE the ESs up. People hate the Vision and he got a 250 ES. People LOVED this one and you got a 1250.

So a difference of 500 in a worldwide population of almost 7 BILLION makes it that much more abundent??

You know that the excitement of places like this helps to DRIVE the ESs up. People hate the Vision and he got a 250 ES. People LOVED this one and you got a 1250.

:exactly: as long as i have one :)

Haha yes you are right. As we all knew just by the hype of Shaak ti and deadpool. These are not more popular than others with lower ES. It's because SS wants to earn more money of them. I can't really blame them since they are a business. But it does suck for the collector. The ES are getting out of control for the ex. I mean the ex needs to stay small, but the reg can be whatever. I mean why not triple the ES for the reg and keep the ex at under 1000. This way both sides will be happy. :dunno

i think sideshow is trying to keep the market for latecomers, they dont want those new collectors to be put off by sold items specially when it comes to collecting some lines and maybe even standalone characters like deadpool, it makes sense actually,
some of their x men pf reg version and comiquette are still in stock, mostly lesser known characters,,i think people dont buy those because they dont have complete lines , so best way for sideshow is to keep huge es for the major characters. will ensure sales for the lesser known characters as well.
explains the low es on recent marvel x men and avangers pf and huge es on Dc line

I wonder how many pre-orders that they already got so far. It must be over 1000 already otherwise they would not put the ES at 1250.

Batman PF EX, Joker PF EX, and Ivy PF EX were sold out pretty fast despite the HUGE ES. I believe they were sold out within a week?

Deadpool PF has been up for 16 days now, maybe soon the EXs will be sold out.

Back