Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman is going to make this one look tiny and impotent by comparison...:lecture:lecture.
Jokes:rotfl... I have Batman on PO, but didn't get DP. Now I think the sculpt looks aMazing on this like I have said before. I just don't have an connection to it compared to a Hulk or Superman... Which I am ordering.

I know that he has an ES 2000, that seems to be the norm for DC. Now Deadpool is the first EX PF marvel statue to hit the 1000 let alone 1200+. That's saying something.

DEADPOOL WINNER...

Deadpool%20%238%20copy-L.jpg

Hmm you have a point there. Big ES = :monkey1

Brofist-random-30713110-716-693.jpg

Actually like i said in this thread https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118245 2013 is shaping up to be the best Statue year in a long time.

Statue of the year will be a matter of which character the owner prefers as all statues looks great (and hopefully arrive as great :pray:)

I'll be getting Babydoll, Deadpool, Rhino, Darth Malgus, Shaak Ti and Nathan Drake, so realisticly decied SOTY will be a momentus task :lol

Picking a "Best Statue of 2013" winner will be tough indeed.

Glad I don't have that job. :D

I'm a huge batman fan but didn't order the Batman PF as I think it looks terrible. Deadpool on the other hand looks fantastic so he was an easy po.

The problem with Batman is they tried to please everyone so he came out generic and boring. All my opinion and no disrespect to those who like it. Power to you.

I'm a huge batman fan but didn't order the Batman PF as I think it looks terrible. Deadpool on the other hand looks fantastic so he was an easy po.

The problem with Batman is they tried to please everyone so he came out generic and boring. All my opinion and no disrespect to those who like it. Power to you.

Have you seen the SDCC pics/vids of Batman?? They are what totally won me over and showed me that it looks amazing, and more impressive in its design then DP IMHO. The DC PFs all have a little more going on for them, with the exception of GL of course, in terms of their personality. In my opinion their bases are adding a lot to that. Jokers stage, Ivys garden, Batman gargoyle, each and everyone of them lends a little something extra compared to the generic flat round bases that Marvel has been using for their Comic inspired PFs. Now again I love this sculpt, but it is a dude standing around with one BFG and one tiny pistol or chicken, and for me that is boring. Sorry to say it, but without the chicken this has little to no personality for me, and a great statue should be able to standout with just the Reg parts IMO.

Have you seen the SDCC pics/vids of Batman?? They are what totally won me over and showed me that it looks amazing, and more impressive in its design then DP IMHO. The DC PFs all have a little more going on for them, with the exception of GL of course, in terms of their personality. In my opinion their bases are adding a lot to that. Jokers stage, Ivys garden, Batman gargoyle, each and everyone of them lends a little something extra compared to the generic flat round bases that Marvel has been using for their Comic inspired PFs. Now again I love this sculpt, but it is a dude standing around with one BFG and one tiny pistol or chicken, and for me that is boring. Sorry to say it, but without the chicken this has little to no personality for me, and a great statue should be able to standout with just the Reg parts IMO.

I have and I stand by my opinion the Batman sculpt is boring and generic.

I also would not have ordered DP without the chicken. The chicken is what gives this PF it's soul, again in my opinion.

There really is no sense in debating it seeing as everyone has their own tastes. Both have their traits that make them stand out which is cool. Both very different statues to compare to each other. Almost fully sculpted vs mixed media, batman is more of an iconic look vs slapstick. Both are worth owning.

I have and I stand by my opinion the Batman sculpt is boring and generic.

I also would not have ordered DP without the chicken. The chicken is what gives this PF it's soul, again in my opinion.

Fair enough... You are totally entitled to you opinion. I disagree, but that doesn't make me right or anything. Like Kinger said we are all entitled.

I will say I am looking forward to some awesome action poses from SSC sometime in the future. Statue poses are nice, but action is awesome.

Saw both of them at SDCC this year, it's no contest Batman PF wins :) Batman PF does not look like your typical premium format (Deadpool kind of is), maybe his size plays a lot of role. Batman PF is gigantic you guys would be surprised to find out how big he is when you get him, the base is very well done and the fabric looks different than a typical PFs, looks much better. Also there is nothing wrong with Batman in a static/museum pose, you could ask people who collects poseable action figures most of them pose their Batman figures in a static pose, it works with Batman. And plus if he is in an action pose his cape could be problematic because I like the sculpted cape better than the cloth cape. Deadpool on the other hand I would like him better if he is in action pose. There is really nothing that I want to change on Batman PF, everything looks great. Meanwhile although I like DP and ordered one I wish the joint/seam on his shoulder are not too visible.

If there is anything that I would like to change on Batman PF is the # on his base lol 9500 ES total is too aggressive. Not in my wildest dream I would dare to guess they would put 7500 ES on the regular. It would be hard for me to see if a statue this good would be on a gift card with a free shipping someday :monkey2

Sorry off topic a little bit I pre-ordered Scorpion PCS EX yesterday with only 200 ES, he sold out less than 5 hours, it feels good, really good :)

I hope Sideshow will re-consider their strategy with their super high ES and bring a collectible back in this hobby.

Saw both of them at SDCC this year, it's no contest Batman PF wins :) Batman PF does not look like your typical premium format (Deadpool kind of is), maybe his size plays a lot of role. Batman PF is gigantic you guys would be surprised to find out how big he is when you get him, the base is very well done and the fabric looks different than a typical PFs, looks much better. Also there is nothing wrong with Batman in a static/museum pose, you could ask people who collects poseable action figures most of them pose their Batman figures in a static pose, it works with Batman. And plus if he is in an action pose his cape could be problematic because I like the sculpted cape better than the cloth cape. Deadpool on the other hand I would like him better if he is in action pose. There is really nothing that I want to change on Batman PF, everything looks great. Meanwhile although I like DP and ordered one I wish the joint/seam on his shoulder are not too visible.

Brother, I hope that you go to SDCC next year. You're one of the few members that I would love to sit and chop it up with.

Still believe in my DP, but I'm totally bias when it comes to DP and think you probably already know that about me.

Brother, I hope that you go to SDCC next year. You're one of the few members that I would love to sit and chop it up with.

Still believe in my DP, but I'm totally bias when it comes to DP and think you probably already know that about me.

I think your profile pic says it all right?:lol

an action pose 1/4 takes up even more room than a museum pose does

If there is anything that I would like to change on Batman PF is the # on his base lol 9500 ES total is too aggressive. Not in my wildest dream I would dare to guess they would put 7500 ES on the regular. It would be hard for me to see if a statue this good would be on a gift card with a free shipping someday :monkey2

Sorry off topic a little bit I pre-ordered Scorpion PCS EX yesterday with only 200 ES, he sold out less than 5 hours, it feels good, really good :)

I hope Sideshow will re-consider their strategy with their super high ES and bring a collectible back in this hobby.

Well said :exactly: hey scorpion sold out in 5 hrs? :slap must go on WL ......:panic:

Sadly I may not go next year, are you going bro?

Let's set a character aside, statue wise DP PF is good, Batman PF is great, let's just put it that way :lol

an action pose 1/4 takes up even more room than a museum pose does

True, that's why static pose works better for Batman especially with the sculpted cape.

Well said :exactly: hey scorpion sold out in 5 hrs? :slap must go on WL ......:panic:

Yep, less than 5 hours and he was gone. If u are MK fan, this is a must have, instant grail :lecture

Back