Statue Sideshow Darth Sidious Mythos statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Darth Sidious Mythos statue

As some has said, when you enlarge the pic it def seems the outer cloak is fabric. Very strange decision when asajj is fully sculpted like the first 5 mythos. Might look fine when we see more pics.

I heard we'll be getting Ahsoka and an updated Obi-Wan. Who knows?

It would be very hard to top the original Mythos Obi-Wan statue. With the two idealized Ewan and Alec heads, it was a beauty! I never could blend 1/5 scale with all of my 1/4 scale so I sold all of the original Mythos aside from Fett.

I think this will look great with the other Mythos pieces. I don't see the mixed media as something that detracts from the piece. Sideshow did a great job with the mixed media on the He-Man 1/5 line.

I think this will look great with the other Mythos pieces. I don't see the mixed media as something that detracts from the piece. Sideshow did a great job with the mixed media on the He-Man 1/5 line.

The base is bothering me more, they r totally different than the previous style. They r just using the name mythos to charge more better off make it 1/4 PF at this point.

A person at Sideshow that mentioned Ventress. Can’t give away names. Sorry :/

At least it is a source at Sideshow!

Been waiting for Ahsoka for a long time, her Gentle Giant bust sold out almost immediately, if you didn't pre-order her, you were paying secondary market prices.

Skeletor doesn't have any cloth or soft goods on it, does it?

The base is bothering me more, they r totally different than the previous style. They r just using the name mythos to charge more better off make it 1/4 PF at this point.

no, i don't think they call it mythos just to jack up the price.
Mythos means a diffent take/plot/story on these characters. just look at the old mythos series, each statue had a different story that made them unique.
of course it's starwars and sideshow, so expected that price will be insane. but calling it mythos just for the price is wrong sorry.

Reviving an old line with no consistency is pointless & bad taste IMHO [emoji2371]

Reviving an old line with no consistency is pointless & bad taste IMHO [emoji2371]

They're not reviving an old line. The original Mythos line is done and was comprised of 5 pieces. That was 6 years ago.

This is a brand new Mythos line. Simple as that!

So what you are saying that this is a new ?mythos? line that has nothing to do with older mythos line,, yeah that?s what I am saying too lol

So what you are saying that this is a new ?mythos? line that has nothing to do with older mythos line,, yeah that?s what I am saying too lol

Yup! I was addressing your point of the lack of consistency. Since this is a new line, why would it need to be consistent with the older line . :p

Yup! I was addressing your point of the lack of consistency. Since this is a new line, why would it need to be consistent with the older line . :p

Maybe because it?s better to have a consistent style so that it can be all displayed together without looking different? Im not bashing the piece itself, it looks great but as a big fan of the original line I feel they could have a better job with consistency,, again IMHO

Maybe because it?s better to have a consistent style so that it can be all displayed together without looking different? Im not bashing the piece itself, it looks great but as a big fan of the original line I feel they could have a better job with consistency,, again IMHO

As someone who has the original set, I welcome the change. We've yet to see how the rest of this line rounds out, but it'll be nice to have another set of 5 in a different style.

Super cool. From blog.

Attachments

• ds.jpg
    ds.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 176
  • ds1s.jpg
    ds1s.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 173
Back