Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually both. In the novelization it states he had red and black tattoos. But now that I look at wookiepedia it says there were many colored Iridonian Zabraks.
7d890f4978794ea5ecf2015c11b728e9.png

Not to start anything but "this is the next best thing if not on par"... are we looking at the same figures. Some of the customs were nice... before this figure but this figure looks MILES better than any Maul I've seen thus far. It's a really superior product and one Sideshow should aim to achieve more often.

Agreed! They really knocked it out of the park. I think they knew they couldn't **** this up. :lol

They may not get another chance to make a Maul figure. Which is also probably why we get a bunch of butterface Luke figures.

They vary wildly from scene to scene. It was just drawn on him, lol.
Even in these two images, you can see the variations on the "forehead" area ones, the ones on either side of his nose, and where those same ones meet the lines coming down from his eyes.

darth-maul-main.jpeg

star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace.jpg

Yeah, there really isn't a definitive Maul tattoo design, which leaves a lot of room for personal preference. For me, i prefer the style in the promotional photo here to the mvoie shows where lines were thicker.

Another inconsistency is the horns. Again, for me, based on how most products do it and my taste, I lean towards how they are in the promo, sometimes ones I believe were meant for the back of his head were attached in front and it looked odd. I draw Maul in this style and actually created a sketch layout of which go where years ago for reference.

My only real nit on the newest Sideshow is not the horn size but the more generic shapes, while way too large, the original Sideshow figure was quite specific and accurate.

Medicom robe is the best robe for him. I would've preferred if SS made the black eye sockets more pointed and triangular instead of rounded. But it'll take. I ordered a second since he's great and my favorite character. $50 coupon helped!

I'd like to see a pic of the Medi robe on SS Maul. I always found the Medi robe to be a bit too shiny though.

Unfortunately, no robe is 100% right. I've owned Hasbro, Sideshow and and Medicom. Hasbro is decent, but lack of wiring makes it a little harder to shape. Sideshow is more accurate fabric, but the hood is a little small, Medicom has the perfect cut and sew and put wires in the sleeves which allow for more dynamic styling, but they used a silky material for the bulk of it which is wrong for the look.

It comes down to preference. For me, Medicom was my favorite. Despite the shine, what stands out most to me about Maul's robe from the movie is how large the hood is, and no one comes close to Medicom for that, and the wires in the sleeves makes for cool poses like the desert duel.

I think you could put a black acrylic paint over the shiny part of the medicom robe and it would look great. The hood is what really makes that robe awesome. Its heavier and lays nicely over the horns.

Wow, Maul looks really great there! Thanks for posting that, definitely going to get this guy as soon as I can..

*Sight* I'm holding out for a HT version but I would love a Maul, Obi, and Qui-Gon set. Has sideshow produced the other two?

Back