Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$328 Cdn made this figure, sadly, a super easy pass! Store I get my stuff from, went from selling out their HT to everything is not selling even on sale.

I will wait and hope HT makes one without the visible neck joint.

There are lots of figures that HT makes with a visibile neck joint! eg. BvS Superman, Finn, Rey etc. All depends on their design choice for articulation. I think for something like Maul, they would make it with a neck joint for poseability just like Sideshow have.

There are lots of figures that HT makes with a visibile neck joint! eg. BvS Superman, Finn, Rey etc. All depends on their design choice for articulation. I think for something like Maul, they would make it with a neck joint for poseability just like Sideshow have.

I am hoping they don't. Time will tell. That will determine if I ever get a Maul figure in my collection.

Which store do you go to? I have points at my local store so I'm debating getting Maul or ordering ESB Luke from Sideshow. Decisions decisions.

Toy Traders of course. After seeing Maul in person there,unless you have traderbucks to bring it under 250ish its a ripoff.

Toy Traders of course. After seeing Maul in person there,unless you have traderbucks to bring it under 250ish its a ripoff.

Great store! I've bought a lot figures from them and I like their trade program. Maybe I'll dig up my Canadian tire money. Hopefully they still those.

I typically buy new figures from Toytards but I'm hoping Popcultcha has a sale coming up. I was able to score epIV han and Chewie last year for $150US each after shipping due to two separate glitches.

got maul today, and all seems well except his front cranial horn. it's super bent to the side. I'm going to mail them about a replacement later when I get back from work. Do they make you destroy head sculpts for new ones?
7e61fa392ddb4322d748d07f8aaed90b.jpg

Great store! I've bought a lot figures from them and I like their trade program. Maybe I'll dig up my Canadian tire money. Hopefully they still those.

I typically buy new figures from Toytards but I'm hoping Popcultcha has a sale coming up. I was able to score epIV han and Chewie last year for $150US each after shipping due to two separate glitches.

I think they still take the CT money. Going there in a bit so can let you know. Think Ive bought off toytards, they had adds on CL if I recall.

got maul today, and all seems well except his front cranial horn. it's super bent to the side. I'm going to mail them about a replacement later when I get back from work. Do they make you destroy head sculpts for new ones?
7e61fa392ddb4322d748d07f8aaed90b.jpg

That looks like something you can heat up and reposition. I suspect you already know that which is why you are wondering / hoping Sideshow sends you a new head and lets you keep the "defective" one.

Honestly, it didn't even cross my mind. And I just sent a request to them 5 minutes ago, so I'll see what they say. If they send one, they send one. If not, I'll try to heat it. I'd just rather not have to.

If you do get a replacement, you'll have to provide visual proof you destroyed the original. There's a few reasons for that policy, one being Sideshow wants to be reimbursed for any/all replacement parts they send out. If audited they would need to provide proof of every defective piece they replaced. They also don't want customers being able to resell something they were able to fix themselves.

Back when we had the Darth Vader tusk-gate, I got a replacement but never received a request for proof of my destroyed helmet. I think they just got overloaded and just said "eff it". That's a rare case and probably doesn't happen much nowadays.

I was curious because I've gotten a whole leg replaced on a diecast Iron man, and I had heard that they made people destroy things before sending a replacement, but they never asked. They sent a whole new leg and that was it. But that was Hot Toys and not their own product, I wasn't sure.

My snowtrooper had an air pocket leave a hole in the helmet, had to show pictures.

I have had to destroy anything they have replaced, whether Hot Toys or Sideshow and I have had a few of both. They give instructions on how to do it (put it in a pillow case and hit it with a hammer, don't light in on fire, etc).

It has to be smashed enough so it doesn't look like you can glue it back together or they threaten to charge you for it.

Also they wont replace anything I have bought through a retailer, only direct purchases. They made me take my Yoda Jedi Master back to the store I bought it at(big chair was glued horribly crooked, had duplicate hands - missing others, and one foot joint was painted/glued solid). The store refused to take it back so I ended up just breaking the things apart and regluing them and or pin-vising the ankle and never got the correct hand assortment. Kind of sucks as now I don't really trust buying their product from retailers as their QC is lacking quite often.

I never got asked to destroy my R2D2 head and they sent a replacement out. I had to send photo's and a video showing the defect though.

I come home from work today to open my new DARTH MAUL and find nothing. No package. I look at my UPS and see this.
e6a6b7ae761ff3f5483739d88afd493f.png

Damnit all to hell! Does UPS deliver on Saturdays?

Jedijim, you live in Cerritos? Is the Cerritos Mall still there -- that crazy twisting tube of a mall? I went there as a young boy many times to sit thru two showings in a row of Star Wars in the summer of 1977. Had to take the bus and make two transfers to get there.

Back