Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys is really putting the screws to SS with buyers expectations and price range. Not only have they have raised the level of 1/6 star wars figures but their speed in product output is just amazing.

I can't wait to see E3 Anakin and ROTJ Luke!

I cant wait for rotj luke. :panic:

The sad part about that is there was actually a strong rumor that EpIII Anakin was on the way from HT after Bespin Luke all those years back...but now, with DizAbrahmsWars about to eclipse everything, I think that figure has all but been forgotten....and that's too bad.

Now...with this SSC Maul....

I'll echo many in here who find the lack of accessories (at least a cloak) disturbing. And no stand? I hope SSC revisits that decision before the figure hits. I wonder why they dropped it? It could be cool to see one keeping with their "Naboo Duel" theme and have it look like a piece of the Theed Power Generator Room floor (similar to what they just did with Jango's Kamino landing platform-patterned one).

I like the look of the figure, despite it's lack of gear. Yes, the price is quite the slap, but it's the NRD that's stopping me in my tracks.

Gonna have to think about this one for a bit....

The headsculpt is nearly flawless

but no way am I touching that price with the lack of accessories, this is a $175 figure at most

I feel a little bad for the hard working folks at SSC, but then I remind myself they had the license a DECADE and are only now attempting R2 and company. Their protos are great. Final result is almost always disappointing

What surprises me most about this business is that no-one talks. The FBI and CIA could learn something from these guys. :lol Literally there is no inside information to give us any insight into the business ever. Would've thought there was at least one rat bastard in either SSC or HT that would spill the beans on how stuff works within the industry.

What surprises me most about this business is that no-one talks. The FBI and CIA could learn something from these guys. :lol Literally there is no inside information to give us any insight into the business ever. Would've thought there was at least one rat bastard in either SSC or HT that would spill the beans on how stuff works within the industry.

rat bastard.....old school slang..:yess:

I have the old SS and Medicom versions, both are decent figures but this one is a little better (Istill don't like the bulky boots). In that case, I think I´ll pass with this SS Maul. The head sculpt is great, but it is an expensive figure. And considering there´s a lot of other figures to get from today until next year, I think I will wait for HotToys releasing a lighted lightsaber version like they did with ObiWan. This version could have that, so in that case, I could preorder it instantly.

Last edited:
The direction Sideshow are taking with their figures, especially this one, just promted me to cancel all my Sideshow preorders. I really find this insulting and I'm not going to play this game anymore if they keep raising the prices and giving us less and less while often not delivering on quality (See Jango). I would have accepted the $240 if he came with everything already discussed but no, just no. Not this. AND this was my most anticipated preorder of the year.

I will still buy my Hot Toys and Statues from them but now that HT has a Star Wars license i no longer have to bow to Sideshow to get my 1:6 SW fix. Thanks for the memories Sideshow.

Disclaimer: This is in no way an insult to the hard working and AWESOME people that work at Sideshow. The CS reps, the online team and Alex. I just hate the direction the company as a whole is taking.

The direction Sideshow are taking with their figures, especially this one, just promted me to cancel all my Sideshow preorders. I really find this insulting and I'm not going to play this game anymore if they keep raising the prices and giving us less and less while often not delivering on quality (See Jango). I would have accepted the $240 if he came with everything already discussed but no, just no. Not this. AND this was my most anticipated preorder of the year.

I will still buy my Hot Toys and Statues from them but now that HT has a Star Wars license i no longer have to bow to Sideshow to get my 1:6 SW fix. Thanks for the memories Sideshow.

Disclaimer: This is in no way an insult to the hard working and AWESOME people that work at Sideshow. The CS reps, the online team and Alex. I just hate the direction the company as a whole is taking.

Amen! Well spoke! I looked down my list of preorders and realized everything I have coming from them is from Hot Toys.

No need to cancel anything cause they had already shown me they can't compete. With price, quality, accessories, detail, or my satisfaction.

Everything I've gotten from them has basically been a bash kit. Stuff I want to put together a really good figure but things I have to get rid of to make it good not mediocre.

Sorry but I'm tired of paying $200 plus dollars for a kit!

This, green lantern, and the punisher. Ridiculous. I was so glad when they got the marvel comics line. Now I'm just afraid of what they'll do to Doctor doom. And what they'll charge.

When the green lantern thread imploded a ss rep got online. We got to ask him questions and he was very informative. But I do miss the ask sideshow thread.

Despite the rep getting online to try and explain the Green Lantern debacle, I don't believe pre-orders have been great. The exclusive is still for sale. Not many bought into the explanation. another bare bone figure, with a crazy outfit. Again SSC is going in the wrong direction.

Anybody take the jump and actually preorder this thing? Just curious.

Hoping a lack of preorders makes SSC backpedal and announce more extras.

Between this and the barebones X-Wing Luke, it seems like SSC doesn't give a crap about keeping their consumers anymore.

Not that I had any intention of pre-ordering this guy, but $240?! Are they serious! He comes with a couple of hands, lightsaber and maybe a broken lightsaber if you get the Ex. They keep getting ballsier and ballsier with these price hikes.

Back