Statue Sideshow Darth Maul Mythos statue 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you guys sure are negative about everything haha :(

eh understandable to see some people disappointed

people want Ahsoka, Mandalorian or Clone Wars related statues and instead we get another Maul.

The teaser image high I felt this morning has crashed into supreme disappointment....

I too was hoping on focus on Mandalore/Crimson Dawn. Dark Saber Maul would have been DOPE. And it wouldn?t have felt like a retread....

Oh well, at least Ventress Mythos is AMAZING!

Right! People have been pretty vocal of which versions of Maul they prefer and I'm not sure why Sideshow just goes ahead and releases a style that no one's really asking for.

Clearly, there's a disconnect in there somewhere and when you're dealing with $600+ statues, you better come correct. If you like it and are ready to plunk down the money, that's cool too. But as a company, wouldn't you like to hear feedback on why you lost some sales? Isn't that the whole point of these forums?

I actually like it although usually have no interest in anything related to the PT CGI bore fest.
The footprint on this is insane, will need lots of space to display it.

GORGEOUS

But.... like I said with Ventress?. I don't have room for more PFs :( Or I would have already ordered Ventress, she's that beautiful. This attitude of mine will be seriously put to the test with the right 1/4 Mando PF, or a Fett PF that is both interesting and NOT making him look like he weighs 150 lbs.

Again, these statues with a serious lean to them make me really nervous longevity-wise. This is a big lean forward on a slender support; that support had better be white metal under there.

Does anyone one know of any other Mythos Statues in the works? I can't believe we're getting another Maul before new characters. It's awesome for new collectors, but there are so many characters they have never touched on.

Does anyone one know of any other Mythos Statues in the works? I can't believe we're getting another Maul before new characters. It's awesome for new collectors, but there are so many characters they have never touched on.

We're getting Ventress and Palpy 1st. This is their 3rd announced one for the line. I suspect we'll get another one announced this year at the least, but maybe 2 if we're lucky. One for the summer or Halloween and 1 during Christmas.

I'm personally hoping for Ahsoka and Thrawn.

Right! People have been pretty vocal of which versions of Maul they prefer and I'm not sure why Sideshow just goes ahead and releases a style that no one's really asking for.

Clearly, there's a disconnect in there somewhere and when you're dealing with $600+ statues, you better come correct. If you like it and are ready to plunk down the money, that's cool too. But as a company, wouldn't you like to hear feedback on why you lost some sales? Isn't that the whole point of these forums?

Who knows how much they listen to the fanbase. These forums aren't even the biggest statue forums so who know how much they actually lurk in here. I get that Maul, Vader, and Fett will typically always sell. Just like how Bats, Supes, WW, and Harley will typically always sell. But at least give us a unique new version of the character. We've had how many angry animalistic looking Maul's at this point? His character evolved to be so much more than that. Maybe one day though.

But at least give us a unique new version of the character. We've had how many angry animalistic looking Maul's at this point? His character evolved to be so much more than that. Maybe one day though.

The first Mythos Maul is very basic... just him training.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

just like the other Mythos statues. And that's part of what made them good.
I agree. On the original ones were all just standing in place not really doing anything but the story that was included made them exciting and awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

While I’m not crazy about this release, I can give it a pass since it’s different enough - mechanical legs and whatnot. However, I’m holding out hope that SS sees the demand for Ahsoka and utilizes this stretch of time to get her just right.

I think the Obi-wan mythos was quite dynamic. I love the flowing cape and how it looks like he's walking into the wind.

Back