Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh nice... still kinda new to 1/6 scale. I've only tightened up ankle and knee joints have no experience with main body/torso area.
Thanks!

Just wanted to post a comparison with X-Wing Pilot Luke:

69e0949a4a8424c840464d66c7e031cd.jpg

Nice Indy !! I'm very much on the fence with the Luke X-Wing Pilot. Ahhh the dilemma of not know if Hot Toys will ever do one with a better head sculpt/paint app.......

Nice Indy !! I'm very much on the fence with the Luke X-Wing Pilot. Ahhh the dilemma of not know if Hot Toys will ever do one with a better head sculpt/paint app.......

Thanks Hoody! I'm not sure when HT will get around to doing X-wing Luke, especially since the SS is still available. I have to say though, I think they did a great job with him. I know he's quite barebones, and the paint on the head sculpt could definitely be improved. I got him with a $25 discount, but retail price is definitely too high. But overall I enjoy having him on the shelf. The tailoring of the outfit is very good and the orange really stands out.

Belt arrived, SC sent it fairly quickly, the pilot is now complete. Now I just need to find a home for him, time to chance up the display cabinet.

This guy's so tempting but I really only want his helmet. Will it be a pain to swap with the ANH one because of the hose/chestbox?

Chestboxes are the same size and from what i see they are the same size hoses. RO's softer or more pliable.
I'd think it would be an easy swap.

This is my favorite pose for him at the moment. He's patrolling the hangar that holds the TIE Fighters.

25ff19b7365256ae67c2b599e97cd337.jpg

9e0a53aa901565356f35010e3032167f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THat faux leather suit is really not to my liking. Might try and put my hands on a parted out helmet to create a ANH variant though. Now, if only i could find a fabric suit for that project, i'd be delighted.

Out of this figure and the ANH Tie Pilot, which version would you recommend - for an OT fan? Are the changes in the Rogue One version too different from the ANH version? ��

Not a fan of that new flight suit. ANH all the way for me. I wouldn't mind adding a RO helmet variant to the collection though.

Out of this figure and the ANH Tie Pilot, which version would you recommend - for an OT fan? Are the changes in the Rogue One version too different from the ANH version? ��

Not really. different style suit, different belt, and the back armor is now like a stormie, but it's a tie pilot

Thanks! I kind of like the idea of 'idealised' versions of the OT troops/pilots - I saw on the Rogie One Blu Ray extras that the director was excited to be updating the storm trooper armour to include extra details and to remove the hand-made imperfections - but, I think that I would forever know that it's not OT - and therefore not *my* Star Wars! :)

Thanks! I kind of like the idea of 'idealised' versions of the OT troops/pilots - I saw on the Rogie One Blu Ray extras that the director was excited to be updating the storm trooper armour to include extra details and to remove the hand-made imperfections - but, I think that I would forever know that it's not OT - and therefore not *my* Star Wars! :)

I can see both sides. One the one hand, as fans, we can say 'oh, its not real OT' and on the other, 'look, those stunt guys can move normally and actually see'

RO the body is a bit shorter as the ANH is taller than most troopers - slightly outta scale. Also the ANH has a tiny waste, RO added a fat suit to thicken him up.
I have both and need to thicken up my ANH version sometime...

With HT releasing the video game figures like the Shadow Trooper, Jump Trooper, and Snowtroopers i'd think they would tackle the Inferno Squad TIE Pilots.
Iden Versio and ID10 would be a great Imperial addition and at the same time they could probably release a HT version of the OT TIE Pilot. Having a whole squad of TIE Pilots with different paint schemed helmets would be pretty sick display.
starwarsbattlefront2-idenversio-helmet-700x362.jpg
Idin-Versio.jpg
Removable helmet and head sculpt would be a nice touch too.

Am I the only one who likes the leather like uniform.?[emoji848]

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Back