Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of this figure and the ANH Tie Pilot, which version would you recommend - for an OT fan? Are the changes in the Rogue One version too different from the ANH version? ��

I enjoyed RO. But I only collect OT Imperials, thus any slightly modified troopers are not my thing (I'm not even interested in the EX rifles that some OT figures come with). In the end all depends on what YOU like and want to have in your collection.

Am I the only one who likes the leather like uniform.?[emoji848]

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Probably not. I gotta say i'm not really digging it myself. I even ordered a fabric one from Toy Anxiety to customize my RO pilot when he turns up.

Am I the only one who likes the leather like uniform.?[emoji848]

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

I like it but it's nylon not leather'ish. I think it works well and is a nice look but I also have the OT on another shelf which I'd like more if he didn't have such a thin waist. Need to find a fat suit for him.
Any suggestions on where to get one or any other way to mod the skinny away?

I like it but it's nylon not leather'ish. I think it works well and is a nice look but I also have the OT on another shelf which I'd like more if he didn't have such a thin waist. Need to find a fat suit for him.
Any suggestions on where to get one or any other way to mod the skinny away?

Start feeding him ??

Kind of wish I hadn't passed on the regular version of this. The Rogue One look is alright but I prefer the original. I'm curious when Hot Toys will reveal their version.

Kind of interested in this one. Can the tubes connecting the helmet to the chestpiece be disconnected from the chestpiece? I have a spare headsculpt lying around and I want to use it with this pilot.

I'm sure they can but not positive if they're glued in and able to go back properly. I myself don't wanna risk breaking it. I've seen the helmet sculpts parted-out without hoses before.

Dang..I really like this version -and SS currently stock description is "low", would be great to display him next to my TIE fighter LEGO set, but probably ending badly for my wallet with up coming figures :(..

I just got this guy today, I was originally going to stick to just HT OT figs but who knows when they would get around to a Tie Pilot and even if they announced him today it'd still likely be a year out. Plus I like the nylon material of the suit, looks great in hand my only wish is that the gray on his helmet was a bit weathered to look more realistic and used. Very happy with this purchase!

Last edited:
I enjoyed RO. But I only collect OT Imperials, thus any slightly modified troopers are not my thing (I'm not even interested in the EX rifles that some OT figures come with). In the end all depends on what YOU like and want to have in your collection.

I read this last line the other day before ordering this guy and even though its something I always knew it really resounded with me for some reason and was the deciding factor in ordering this figure so thanks for that jkno

Just ordered with the $25 contest coupon plus free shipping. Not bad. Already have the OT version. Will great together. Low quantity. Still have plenty of all TFA troopers---GARBAGE. Can't seem to get rid of even with great discounts.

Stare-down.

As I mentioned in another thread, thinking I’ll swap TIE Pilot to a Bruce Banner body. Too tall as-is.

b87a825963c4deef9c802fe42c9556fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormtroopers are more iconic, but there’s a lot of menace in these ubiquitous coffin-jockeys.

bd26ee6ad3d0bf37b4d391c770d400af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back