Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got shipping confirmation, this and the droid from RO will be here Thursday :rock

Got mine today, a day early. Helmet and hoses are really nice, and the hoses have great flexability. Unfortunately, mine is missing the belt and the belt boxes, so back in the box he went. I'll have to contact them tomorrow when they are open. Surprised it's missing such an obvious part, but I went through all the packaging and it's not separate, it's just not there. Sigh.

Sorry about the sideays image, I hate ipad some days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 212
Sorta wish I had gotten the regular version of this as I don't really care for the Rogue One version. I prefer the normal cloth looking flight suit as opposed to the one on this version.

Sorry to hear yours had a missing belt roguebaron. That really does sound like an obvious mistake they should've caught. Hope your replacement has everything!

Got mine today. It's a nice, simple figure overall. Here's two pictures:

4868e3af3aea1bfe486bc58db374483d.jpg

5e3d7657dba44731212d2a947b6e090e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too fond of the leather like suit. I'd rather get the helmet alone and make my own variant combined with a ANH suit.

I like these new RO suits as the shinier material helps them stand out more on the shelf. Plus I liked how they looked on screen and in promo photos.

Hello All, my name is D-R and i'm an alcoho... 1/6 addict - mainly Star Wars.
I've been collecting at this scale for just over a year now and have finally been able to chime in here after months of registration problems.
Intros aside I picked this guy up a few days ago and he's great - one of my favorite Imperials from the OT redone for Rogue One. Love the nylon suit, feels nice and has a great sheen that adds to the display.
Just a hair shorter than the original with softer hoses, some slight changes to the helmet sculpt and changes to the chest plate front and back (has the "OII" detail like the stormies) nice touch.

Here's a side-by-side with the OG TIE Pilot
IMG_8048.jpg

Got mine yesterday, the suit on him looks a leathery but feels very vinyl if that makes sense. The chest boxes are different, a little detail I didn't notice in the film and the logos are visibly different sized. I like the overall look though better than the original. Mine is slightly taller than the original TIE Fighter Pilot but only slightly and they both tower over the HT FO version. Photobucket has gone wonky so I'll have to upload pics as attachments. My apologies for the super huge pics.

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

It's great to see all three side by side Mike! Makes me want to get the R1 Pilot to finish the trio!
I just noticed in your pics that the helmet is in fact different from the ANH TIE helmet; the ANH has more of a spike at the silver ear knob and the R1 TIE helmet has an extra bracket near the ears.
Sideshow should be applauded for going that extra mile to make this figure as screen accurate as possible. :clap

Nice shots Mike. Like the hands behind the back at attention.

I was also tempted by the R1 version and the TFA was also one of my favourites simply from a looks point of view, but decided to keep it to just one and the ANH version won. Looking at the lineup they all do look great though.

When I see these I think I really need a X-Wing Luke version. But that head sculpt and even worse the paint app (or lack thereof) even with helmet is just a "meh" for me. Why do they have to release these average headsculpts, surely they know where the bar is for head sculpts and paint apps these days....especially at Snowspeeder Luke pricing. Anyway, don't get me started !

Just wanted to post a comparison with X-Wing Pilot Luke:

69e0949a4a8424c840464d66c7e031cd.jpg

50aae7e171f254c4cd2e9aa9d5c237a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back