Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice blitz, good score.

Fury, Hopefully sideshow decides to be nice. I've actually had the same thing happen with Newegg. They have open box items that sell within seconds of them going up, and I've had a few get cancelled after they've gone through. But they have the excuse of having limited stock.

03112011463.jpg
and
03112011462.jpg

Pics were taken with crappy phone camera- sorry about the quality but this is the new addition to the family

It's bogus that SSC Is canceling some of the orders. I had many items taken out of my cart due the discounts already being taken. Not sure why that didn't happen for this item. Probably would have helped if someone from sideshow had been active in chat over the weekend. But... The Mistress did say the discount was good and mentioned nothing about it only have 8 available.

Fury, I'm sorry for you. I think is not really fair of SS to cancel an order like this, less for a collector who was in Spook 200%. If they oversold, I think it's not your problem, but well, in the end, as every other company, they have to do what the bosses tell them.

I remember a couple years back, Amazon sold the Sculpting a Galaxy Limited Edition book for a ridiculously low price (something like 70 bucks). Well, there was a BIG argument in Rebelscum about the issue, if Amazon will honour the deal or not (the deal was active for nearly a couple hours). In the end, Amazon honoured all the deals, even if they knew it was a mistake. I think that is part of what makes a company worthy of trust, and in the end is a good image for them.

Ending line: SS, honour the deal for fury :D

What Sideshow did with the UC deal was flat out wrong. All of the discounts should have been honored. Does Sideshow have to do that? No, but it's just good customer service.

What Sideshow did with the UC deal was flat out wrong. All of the discounts should have been honored. Does Sideshow have to do that? No, but it's just good customer service.

My though is that they might as well have honored the discount. Its obvious that there are a lot of them in the warehouse and that it will probably be a contest prize for a long time so getting $70 for it now I would think is better than having to give them away over the next year.

Man, fury... between this and the Frank v Wolfman debacle, you can't catch a break lately! C'mon Sideshow... give a solid Freak some love!

Was this the UC you had ordered for Buffy?

Yes but I couldn't afford the discount in the end, and two shippings. So I had to pass.

My Jason Part 3 PF has shipped! SSC even paid shipping on this one. You guys rock!

Whoa, fast indeed. Haven't heard anything yet for my wins, but it's nice to see that others are getting their stuff. It will be a small Christmas this year for us, so whatever we do get will go under the tree.

Good day today
Venomasauses is here
Sticker is here
Bob and Jay art piece is here--Won it on FB
Peanuts art print is here
Wife flys home at 6:15

WOOT

Very nice Avfin. :D Sadly, I think I bought my Peanuts art print from a scammer...or maybe they had their order canceled on them...who knows..either way, it was supposed to arrive around Oct. 10 and I still do not have it...nor did I receive a shipping notice. Finally opened a claim with eBay. Looks like no Peanuts for me. Oh well...if it doesn't work out, that money will come in handy.

Sorry to hear furystorm about the UC problem. :( I hope SSC comes through for you.

I had a great time chatting with everyone this year - it was a lot of fun and one of the highlights of Spook for me this year. I know a few people have said that they miss the SSC folks participating more - as when anyone from SSC shows up you do get a lot of people who just want contests or free stuff. Perhaps SSC could consider designating a certain time for a Q&A with the artists - then people would know this is not contest time and is for talking with the great artists at Sideshow. :dunno It was great when they were in chat and I hope we see more time with them in future Spooks.

Thanks for the great memories everyone! :duff

Back