Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The highlight of my spook was watching Shropt slowly devolve from "I don't care about the freebies and contests" to "I WILL ____ING KILL A HOBO FOR A UNDYING CARCASS!!!!!" :rotfl and then finally get one! :hi5:

Omg, that was such an intense/confusing/bizarre round of 8 ball, too. I loved it!

rancor.jpg

Brilliant! We may just have to work this into next year's t-shirt! :lol

I will say this though, the problems with promo words not working, announcements of words being out there but not really, Spook "ending" a day early, and some other site problems really kind of killed the mood many times. I even had a spook newbie friend of mine ask if it's "always this much of a mess". :monkey2

No SSC participation in chat was a total letdown too. I was just going through some of the old chat logs, particularly a Q&A with Mat Falls, and it really reminded me of what makes (made?) me love Spook. Nobody was asking for handouts or freebies, if a contest dropped, then all the better, but this culture of begging the SSC people every time they show up in chat has probably scared them away for good. :monkey2

Hopefully, next year, Sideshow can right the ship with the site glitches and hopefully not close chat altogether.

Well, there were some problems, no doubt, but no more than in previous years (at least from my perspective), and let's not forget, we're dealing with people, not machines. The folks at Sideshow work very hard to make Spook as much fun as possible, but something is always going to slip through the cracks somewhere.

But I agree that more participation in chat would have been nice, especially some Q&A sessions as in past years.

RoboDad---If we are changing back to our sig could you change out the mort for the plushie one----
Thanks

Hopefully, next year, Sideshow can right the ship with the site glitches and hopefully not close chat altogether.

Well, I hope they don't close the chat altogether. Even though there wasn't much in the way of SSC interaction, this was my first Spook, so I didn't really know any different. But I had a ton of fun hanging out with you guys for a week like that. Aside from the few instances of the room getting flooded with berzerk begging and people spamming the same junk over and over, it was really cool to see everyone rooting for everyone else, and I'm not sure I've ever been so excited to see someone I don't know win an awesome prize that's not mine. Like Jen and her Templar, or Shropt and his Carcass. That was awesome. :lol

Besides, if they close it, where else will I hear excellent stories about Dennis Hopper's hands? :panic:

The highlight of my spook was watching Shropt slowly devolve from "I don't care about the freebies and contests" to "I WILL ____ING KILL A HOBO FOR A UNDYING CARCASS!!!!!" :rotfl and then finally get one! :hi5:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

bahahaha, true story.

All I know is that in the 3-way steel cage match between me, Shropt, and BG, an unholy alliance was made and I was left a bleeding mess in the middle of the ring. :monkey2

(I've been using monkey2 a lot lately :monkey2)

But I did take home a Chalice of Kali, which is basically the Intercontinental Championship to Undying Carcass' World (or is it tag team now?) Title.

Last edited:
All I know is that in the 3-way steel cage match between me, Shropt, and BG, and unholy alliance was made and I was left a bleeding mess in the middle of the ring. :monkey2

(I've been using monkey2 a lot lately :monkey2)

But I did take home a Chalice of Kali, which is basically the Intercontinental Championship to Undying Carcass' World (or is it tag team now?) Title.

That BG is a sly one... one of the best i could think of to make an unholy alliance with :monkey3

Got my secret prize finally.
It's an IWG Force "Dirty" Affonso.
I'm not familiar with these. But he's kinda cute.

No. It was the FB contest that was on the Friday before Spook officially started. The first 6 people to email Mistress would win something.
I was happy just to actually win something. I spent last year in the Loser's Lounge. "I got a rock" :)

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I can't find the link to the spooktacular info anymore, and I'm a bit confused.
I thought that if you ordered an in-stock product and the bill (before shipping/taxes) came to at least $40 then you'd get a gift card with it equal to $15 dollars unless you're lucky to get one of the golden gift cards. I also thought that I read that you can use gift cards or reward points for the aforementioned product purchase as long as the bill before shipping is at least $40.

I ordered a Mort vinyl figure ($59.99), and I used the $15 GC that came with my spook readiness kit. I just got my Mort in today, it shipped last Thursday, and there is no gift card at all in the package.

Do I have something wrong?

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I can't find the link to the spooktacular info anymore, and I'm a bit confused.
I thought that if you ordered an in-stock product and the bill (before shipping/taxes) came to at least $40 then you'd get a gift card with it equal to $15 dollars unless you're lucky to get one of the golden gift cards. I also thought that I read that you can use gift cards or reward points for the aforementioned product purchase as long as the bill before shipping is at least $40.

I ordered a Mort vinyl figure ($59.99), and I used the $15 GC that came with my spook readiness kit. I just got my Mort in today, it shipped last Thursday, and there is no gift card at all in the package.

sounds right, just give cs a call, they'll staighten it out.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=36575&ref=spook-contests

Good day today
Venomasauses is here
Sticker is here
Bob and Jay art piece is here--Won it on FB
Peanuts art print is here
Wife flys home at 6:15

WOOT

Back