Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truth is, everybody does little things all day long, like helping a coworker with a project they're being a jerk over, and doing so without complaining or being a jerk back. Sometimes, good nature is just part of a person's character. We get this sort of question, and we assume it has to be pulling someone out of a fire, or selling everything you own and donating the money to charity. Big things help instantly, and generally rely on a certain situation many people may never see, but it's the little stuff that adds up to affecting real change over time.

Frankly, FeatheredSerpent (that the right name?) should get this prize because they went to be with their mother whose not doing too well, and will therefore miss Spook this year. We'd all probably do that, but it's a sacrifice nonetheless. Seems like a prize about good deeds should be one that's nominated anyway, not asked for. :dunno

VERY well put! :clap

I sent in something I did a few Spooktaculars ago that made someone happy which in turn made me happy.

Gnite, Buffy! BTW, that is funny as hell! I submitted something 4 times yesterday due to similar screwups, so I totally can relate...

I don't think mistress will ever want to hear from me again. know that I exist, or acknowledge that i was ever born even.

There's a new contest on the SS page for a dinosaur dio. I didn't enter because the dinosaurs are fighting and that makes me sad because they should be friends.

Holy ____e, that just made me spit Monster Zero outta my nose. Thanx... :rotfl

How sweet of you, Furystorm, to trade me the infamous blue mug for the Legolas exclusive maquette! I'll be waiting for it after Spook! ;)

I say I don't want to win anything this year, have already scored my beloved blue mug, and am happy as a clam. But not winning still stings...

Chicky: May I please have a Legolas Exclusive maquette? ;)

Love, the fury.

Truth is, everybody does little things all day long, like helping a coworker with a project they're being a jerk over, and doing so without complaining or being a jerk back. Sometimes, good nature is just part of a person's character. We get this sort of question, and we assume it has to be pulling someone out of a fire, or selling everything you own and donating the money to charity. Big things help instantly, and generally rely on a certain situation many people may never see, but it's the little stuff that adds up to affecting real change over time.

Frankly, FeatheredSerpent (that the right name?) should get this prize because they went to be with their mother whose not doing too well, and will therefore miss Spook this year. We'd all probably do that, but it's a sacrifice nonetheless. Seems like a prize about good deeds should be one that's nominated anyway, not asked for. :dunno

Thanks, I've been able to pop in a few times and check on things but its just not quite the same...I'll look forward to a full spook week next year....btw my mom has improved ab it today so we are hopeful. Thanks to all of you for your kindness and caring....:wave

Send her a video of you dancing in front of your figures, maybe she will enjoy that :lol

I honestly think it may be the only way to redeem myself. OR, make her run away screaming.

It's not like I can do the Harry Potter Slytherin pole dance for her. That's more for my guy friends...and Jenn/BuffBuff. So I need to think about this one...

Thanks, I've been able to pop in a few times and check on things but its just not quite the same...I'll look forward to a full spook week next year....btw my mom has improved a it today so we are hopeful. Thanks to all of you for your kindness and caring....:wave

Great to hear, best wishes to you and your family :1-1:

I honestly think it may be the only way to redeem myself. OR, make her run away screaming.

It's not like I can do the Harry Potter Slytherin pole dance for her. That's more for my guy friends...and Jenn/BuffBuff. So I need to think about this one...

Umm... guy friend here... :wave :lol

Thanks, I've been able to pop in a few times and check on things but its just not quite the same...I'll look forward to a full spook week next year....btw my mom has improved a it today so we are hopeful. Thanks to all of you for your kindness and caring....:wave
I'm so glad to hear that your mom has improved, and that you are able to join us for some of spook, even if it is only brief!!! Family always comes first!

I think the Mistress is either swamped in emails or decided to hit up the pub because she was sick of reading our pathetic good deed emails and failure to get the correct answer of the riddle :lol

Thanks, I've been able to pop in a few times and check on things but its just not quite the same...I'll look forward to a full spook week next year....btw my mom has improved ab it today so we are hopeful. Thanks to all of you for your kindness and caring....:wave

Awesome news!

Back