Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on how the social networks play into it. That is what killed it for me last year.

SocialCriswell.jpg

is it too early to start a "i didn't win ____ at spook" thread?.................:monkey3

His Mortness has arrived! Behold my fellow freaks!

First off, the box is nothing like years past, just a simple brown box:

But, Mort, as expected, is all kinds of awesome:

"Say 'Hello' to your new friend Mort. Jason, be nice..."

And with that, Spook month has officially begun! :D

I received an orange mug, so if nothing else happens this Spook for me, I will be happy. I'm going to still be on the hunt for a blue one though...

Official assessment:

Packaging: mildly shocked to see it was just a brown shipper, but well packaged nonetheless. No one needs to worry about the safety of their mug, as it is well protected in large bubble wrap and another box interior to the main package.

Mort Plushie: Well, awesome, of course, what else were you expecting?

Mug: Awesome as well, much larger than two years ago, which is a highly welcome change.

Coffee: A silly addition, but fun nonetheless. Not sure if I want to take the chance of drinking it. I'm a coffee snob.

Calendar: Neat and will be useful of course.

Gift Card: Unnecessary, as usual. I never have need for them anymore. Plus it's only good until the end of October!

Wrist Band: Yeah, like that's going to fit me! Oh, actually it does. The last one I had from SS fit like a tourniquet. Cool. I'll sport it today and during Spook.

Mini Catalog: Neat addition for the newbies, but nothing any of the seasoned Sideshow freaks haven't seen before. Basically, a 16 page pamphlet with general information. All seems reprinted from previous catalogs.

Mort has kind of a big belly. I don't know, maybe he has been snacking away since we saw him last year. He has plenty of strong bendy wire in each of his appendages so you can pose him however you like. His grey pallor is perfect. I mean, he is so cool. I'm actually way happier with this interpretation of Mort than any of the previous vinyl incarnations. He is here to stay, my Sideshow collection mascot!

Seeing everyone's is making Tuesday seem sooooo far away. I know I will get the blue mug, it's just my cruddy luck. But at least Mort will be wonderful to have.

First cappuccino in a Spook '11 mug?

Maybe it's not the first, but I can tell you this. I love this mug. It's way too tall to fit under the outlet of my espresso machine, but that's totally alright with me. It takes the entire length of the longest pour possible on my machine, and that's alright with me. It's orange, and that's all right with me. And this mother is hefty too.​

I posted this in the Spook helpers thread on facebook but I thought I would post it here as well.
I think I am just going to work and skip Spook this year, not seeing much fun in it for me this time out. No Spook kit, no Vet shirt, no way to afford much of anything else Spook offers, so not much point in dedicating a week of my life watching the Roasario's walk away with everything I want and chipping away at my HAPPY. Good luck to all of my Freak buddies, hope you all get something fun. I will leave it to someone else to bring the HAPPY to chat, if it's missed at all that is. Tell 'em HB says hi, and hopefully I shall return next year...hopefully.

Read that happy...

Sad to lose you, but hope you will at least pop into chat now and then during the week. Many of us are cutting back, and honestly I don't know how much time I can devote to Spook anyway. Full time school and work take priority, but I still want to capture that old feeling when I can in chat with my fellow freaks...

Back