1/6 Sideshow Collectibles R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad price but I'll wait for it to be coupon eligible.

Wasn't going to do droids, but I might have to reconsider for this one. I'm a sucker for Inperial Astromechs.

It is really cheap for a Sideshow Star Wars figure. Maybe it just lights up but has no extras arms? A real stripped down version.

Far too many releases to consider that one right now. Might break and order it when in stock if PO pace slows down by then. Doubtful though.

No way worth 139.99. With prices being what they are, and all that is coming out in 1/6 and premium format figures that I want, this is way down on the totum pole for me.

No way worth 139.99. With prices being what they are, and all that is coming out in 1/6 and premium format figures that I want, this is way down on the totum pole for me.

I agree... Considering some people thought R2-D2 was expensive at $150, he's a downright bargain compared to this and R5. R2-D2 came with a TON of stuff at only $10 more!! :clap This guy and R5 should only be $120 at the most. I'd love to have this guy next to Vader, but not at $140. Sideshow must have offered R2-D2 at a lower price point making less profit to get collector interest in these 1/6 droids. Hopefully this guy's around for awhile, but I don't see them or Hot Toys slowing down on Star Wars 1/6 stuff any time soon and many more characters I want before this guy.

Given the opening hatches, I'm surprised they didn't include the arms at least, like they did for R2, but I'm sure most people interested in this guy already have R2 and his set of arms to use. Still not sure I need any extra droids outside of R2. I ordered R5, but I think I'll only keep that figure if I order the Jawas.

This guy and R5 should only be $120 at the most.
It will be, with a coupon. ;) Really that's as reasonable as you're going to get in this hobby nowadays. I agree it is far down the list, though. It's one of those things I'd pick up if I had a nice Imperial display and a bit of a lull in releases. I'm down for R5 and a couple Jawa sets, so that's likely it for me and tertiary characters/droids.

I already have a R2-Q5 custom made by our Dorgmal but I'll get this since as you know my focus are OT Imperials. I'll bring the custom one to work. Personally i don't really care about the arms since i won't use them, neither about the lighting. Price could be lower, but still ok for me.

I already have a R2-Q5 custom made by our Dorgmal but I'll get this since as you know my focus are OT Imperials. I'll bring the custom one to work. Personally i don't really care about the arms since i won't use them, neither about the lighting. Price could be lower, but still ok for me.

Price is indeed ok, maybe $99 would be perfect. I'd like to see your custom

I can't wait to see this display you are planning, will you be getting a TIE fighter if they make em?

No, a TIE would be far too big (and expensive!)

My main interest is in the figures themselves, but something like the Falcon cockpit or lounge interests me. I like the idea of dioramas with spacious enough interiors to have multiple figures sitting or standing.

But I still have to work out where I'd display them. :lol

No, a TIE would be far too big (and expensive!)

My main interest is in the figures themselves, but something like the Falcon cockpit or lounge interests me. I like the idea of dioramas with spacious enough interiors to have multiple figures sitting or standing.

But I still have to work out where I'd display them. :lol
Totally agree, way too pricey! If I had the money 'd get one and have the droid and Pilot standing next to it, probably on a glossy black table or pedastal with a TIE Fighter print behind it

I think the figures are enough for me too. The Falcon cockpit is an interesting piece, but like you said, where the hell are they gonna go lol

Exactly, one of the most appealing aspects imo. I photoshopped him into a pic with the new TIE Pilot, they look great together

I had planned to get two TIE Pilots to flank the old Sideshow Vader (since Obi-wan will be duelling the new HT Vader), however...one astromech is cheaper than a second pilot. And prettier.

Back