1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad they're making this and it blows their first effort from 20 years ago out of the water, but how is it they can also release a 12" figure? One would think that TOTS has an exclusive license. I could see this being an H2 figure but didn't think another company could tackle H1 at this scale.

Anyway, I'll see how happy I am with the TOTS one before possibly getting this.

That's the most glaring issue. If it's like many coveralls in this scale there is probably an elastic band which could easily be cut. I'm not too fond of the blue either.
The hair bothers me. It's too neat or something. SS's isn't more accurate, but for some reason it does not bother me as much. TOT's has an Elvis vibe going.

Everyone's a critic. In the first movie, he's 21-23 years old. He's lean, fit, and thin but tall. I don't think you guys have seen Halloween in a while. In Halloween '18, he's older and thicker. Like honestly... really guys? :slap

Anyway, it'll be cool to see a side by side of TOTS Myers vs Sideshow Myers and then we can all bicker away and decide which one is better. I'm betting Sideshow will get it right but we shall see. So far, the best sculpt is PCS 1/4. Not sure why Sideshow didn't just do a similar scan but I still haven't seen video of Myers from SS so maybe he's awesome, I'll know when I see

BTW one major flaw I can't unsee now that I've noticed is that Sideshow gave their Myers a hairline of a sixty year old man. It's way too v shaped. The mask looks good but so far TOTS and especially PCS have the superior sculpts. Sideshow just needs to adjust the hairline but doubtful they will. They'll just call it "stylized" and hope for the best. What they should do is ask PCS if they can scan their 1/4 and put a very similar sculpt on their 1/6.

That's the most glaring issue. If it's like many coveralls in this scale there is probably an elastic band which could easily be cut. I'm not too fond of the blue either.
The hair bothers me. It's too neat or something. SS's isn't more accurate, but for some reason it does not bother me as much. TOT's has an Elvis vibe going.

Yeah. Tinela is the tailor of the prototype and she is really good so I'm guessing the clothing wasn't "fitted" like it looks and more just confirming to the stick body shape. Coveralls are less V shaped and more cylinder through the middle.

This was a shot from Tinela, I think the suit at Toy Fair and the order page is a production sample and probably a tight elastic.

attachment.php

That does look a lot better. Stupid jye had to point out the hands and now I can't stop looking at them.
TOT's is a great alternative especially at the price point.

Anyone else seeing Gary Oldman in the Sideshow sculpt? Not trying to poop on it, just my initial reaction.

I think the only issues with the Sideshow portrait are the shape of the hairline, and the actual hair sculpt, it has more of a statue, stylized look, which doesn't look like real hair would look even on a person, let alone how faux hair on a cheap halloween mask would look.

That's my biggest hope. I wasn't surprised by the limited accessories from TOTS, given the pricepoint and being their first venture into figures, but I'm hoping Sideshow will come through with some quality accessories.

Even though Michael doesn't come in contact with it, would love a scaled replica of the credits pumpkin, there are some nice custom ones out there, but pricey. While not a major accessory, the knitting needle would be a nice nod to a key moment, maybe a coat hangar, the Bob ghost sheet and glasses, Judith's tombstone.

The way Sideshow seems about accessories on standard figures these days though, I imagine this will be the figure and a few hand options, possibly an alternate bloody knife, though the knife doesn't get bloody in this movie.

Back