Sideshow Cave Troll Legendary Bust on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I came across this auction on ebay for the Cave Troll Legendary bust, and the seller states that this is an unproduced sample. The paint job looks different than the pictures I've seen around here, so I was hoping some folks who own this bust can let me know if this is genuine or if it might be something to steer clear of. I would appreciate some thoughts on this bust if you could take a moment to look at this auction on ebay. Thanks in advance!
https://cgi.ebay.com/Cave-Troll-Legendary-Scale-Bust-Sideshow-SAMPLE-/140491038316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b5eb1e6c

Looks real to me.. pics show up really different with this guy depending on how their taken... it's missing the chest arrow though...

Damn fine piece IMO.. love mine. the teeth look crazy...

orc001-2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad to hear that it looks legit enough to quit. I hope to bid later tonight, but we just had a corporate meeting that bonuses won't be rolling out until March, so a little Christmas splurge may be off the table for now.

I will likely do that after the first of the year and finances return to normal a little bit. The feedback for this seller made me a little nervous too, as it looks like he sells videogames and blu-rays without cases, so I was wondering if he might be making copies of things to re-sell. I really appreciate the feedback though! I got the Balrog bust for Christmas last year, and the Cave Troll bust would make a great addition to the shelf!

I think the missing arrow would bother me more than the thrill of having a "sample."

My Balrog LSB is an artist sample, SS replaced my first one because the fang was broken with the same edition number and a box with the blue X on it; it was painted much nicer than the first one I received.

Wasn't this bust a kit before sideshow produced it ? I think the kit did not have an arrow either . . .

That was what I had thought too Siren, but either way it went unsold and I would guess it will relist soon. When finances are better, I will start a WTB thread here. This one is a must have for me to go with the Balrog, and I really like the Morgul Lord and Sauron too, but the secondary market prices are a little too rich for my blood for now.

Back