Premium Format Sideshow Cara Dune Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the SS research / marketing department is drinking too much of its own koolaid. Yes the mando show is awesome...but how many diehard sw statue collectors have the $ or space for this? And STILL no padme for the love of god.

It will be only the second sw pf I don't buy...unless someone decides to let it go for 50% off, lol.

Well, for the love of Talking Rainbow Dolphin, I believe most people who watch the show, like it, and most collectors would love to have a good representation of it's characters. On the flip side, many, including myself, don't want anything in their collection that will remind them of those prequel snooze fest turds.

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547e14446.jpg

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547965d25.jpg

I can't imagine Gina Carano being happy with this headsculpt.

$585. pre-order is up at:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-cara-dune-sideshow-collectibles-300789

What really hurts the sculpt for me is the odd choice to give a 38 year old woman the saggy cheeks/jowls of an elderly woman.

The rebel tattoo on the face is too noticeable on this piece, in the series you can hardly see it. I did notice her hair does go from looking black to brown though in some shots.
This would be a good piece to pick up on sale in the future..... Despite all the great OT pieces they could release, I get why SS is releasing this, its the "hot" series right now. Would jump on a 1/4 scale IG11 if they made it.

I feel like this is one of those pieces where someone will paint the face masterfully and it’ll look just like her. But I don’t need anything more than her Black Series figure. I’m even iffy for her eventual Hot Toys.

Welp, since Gina was just fired from the show, I suspect this will be one of the few things in the collectible market with Cara Dune. I’m interested in how they’re going to write her out of the series though.

Welp, since Gina was just fired from the show, I suspect this will be one of the few things in the collectible market with Cara Dune. I’m interested in how they’re going to write her out of the series though.

She’s just a recurring character. They don’t ever have to mention her again. Nothing more than a throwaway line from Greef Carga like how Beckett mentioned Aurra Sing will be needed for her on the show. If it even gets that.

She’s just a recurring character. They don’t ever have to mention her again. Nothing more than a throwaway line from Greef Carga like how Beckett mentioned Aurra Sing will be needed for her on the show. If it even gets that.

How I see it being too.

Not a loss to the show in the slightest. She was the weakest part.

True, though it’ll be weird on rewatching. Feels like they were pretty obviously building her up for that Rangers of the New Republic show. Hope that doesn’t delay that at all if they have to do rewrites.

It will be interesting what Sideshow do with this piece, if they push on or cancel it now.

Disney probably has a say in the matter.

I guess a Hot Toys 1:6 Cara is also out of the question too now.

Strongest female character on the series. Disney with their BS double standard but seem to be getting a ton of backlash. With that said this statue will probably get cancelled just like her character.

Strongest female character on the series. Disney with their BS double standard but seem to be getting a ton of backlash. With that said this statue will probably get cancelled just like her character.

Yeah, it strikes me that Disney has all these movies with female heroines "being different/rebellious" but when it's RL u better be nice and toe the line.

ANYWAY. Yeah. Far as I can tell Sideshow doesn't even have to bother explaining either - true for any piece? It just - never happens. I'm still wondering if the Iron Studios Mando piece will ever be released, and all that was really weird when it would appear and disappear from websites.

Popcultcha still has my deposit for that one tho.:dunno

Yeah, it strikes me that Disney has all these movies with female heroines "being different/rebellious" but when it's RL u better be nice and toe the line.

ANYWAY. Yeah. Far as I can tell Sideshow doesn't even have to bother explaining either - true for any piece? It just - never happens. I'm still wondering if the Iron Studios Mando piece will ever be released, and all that was really weird when it would appear and disappear from websites.

Popcultcha still has my deposit for that one tho.:dunno

The IS Mandalorian is apparently going to happen I have been told. Will be interesting to see if this Cara Dune happens. Sideshow has money tied up in R & D and I doubt they want to refund all the preorders. Hopefully this quietly flies under the radar. The fact that it's still able to be ordered is a good sign.

This will definitely be interesting to see if it too gets cancelled. I hope I don?t wake up Tuesday to a cancelation email. If not, outside of unlicensed 3rd party possibilities, this will be the last Cara Dune statue/figure to be made. Because of this scalpers will go wild with it 🤦*♂️

This will definitely be interesting to see if it too gets cancelled. I hope I don?t wake up Tuesday to a cancelation email. If not, outside of unlicensed 3rd party possibilities, this will be the last Cara Dune statue/figure to be made. Because of this scalpers will go wild with it ��*♂️

Sideshow will make enough to cover all the pre orders and more.

Back