Premium Format Sideshow Cara Dune Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, one could say this of ALL their character-based PFs. And I actually think that for some reason this is intentional; that maybe they want you to see the character and not the actor. But who knows. HT meanwhile wants to hit the actor with a shrink-ray....

Overall this is a nice PF, tho.

I would not say ALL if we’re talking about ALL as in every license they’ve made a PF of. A lot of their older PF from other lines has some great sculpts covered up by their terrible paint apps. Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf the Grey, Anakin, Dooku, Jedi Luke, all the Indy PFs, Terminator PFs to name a few I thought had great likenesses in the sculpts, the paint was just heavy, thick and bland. Once repainted, the likenesses really shine. I’d argue even the newest Han Solo sculpts (Bespin and Stormtrooper) are better than any HT Ford sculpt.

Not strange at all. Mando is whats hot.

Agreed so is TCW and OT stuff though.

Good idea putting Mando and Cara out while the Season 2 hype is getting hot though. Wouldn't be surprised if we see an IG-11 sometime over the next few months.

Gentle Giant LTD had an interview a few months back with Rebelscum, saying how Mando and TCW products are the things selling right now, so that is what companies are focusing on.

I think it's a great looking sculpt and likeness myself. But it's not exactly the most interesting or badass pose. If I were getting a Cara statue I'd at least want one of her firing some bigass weapon or something.

I think she looks nice.. not sure how otherwise to make her to be honest.. .. the base is pretty lame. .but it works good with their Mando ...

I'll be a lot more tempted if Iron Studios puts out a great 1/4 Mando. The 70s fever Sideshow just doesn't work for me.

Yeah. But I like this enough - and IMO captures the character well enough - really tempted. Cara Dune IMO is a breath of fresh air in the SW universe, as a character. Also like with Iron Studios 1/4 EG lineup - the vertical line for me makes it easier to deal with on the shelf. Plus she has some expression in her face.

Just can't see getting Cara - at the moment - without a good 1/4 Mando. In the vids they kept saying Mando was a prototype - an EARLY prototype - dunno what SSC's record is for listening to comments and making changes. Re the Mando piece am sure Sideshow got an earful.:cool:

Big fan of Cara Dune. I don't collect statues anymore but really tempted to get this if Hot Toys never makes a figure.

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547e14446.jpg

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547965d25.jpg

I can't imagine Gina Carano being happy with this headsculpt.

$585. pre-order is up at:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-cara-dune-sideshow-collectibles-300789

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547e14446.jpg

cara-dune_star-wars_gallery_5f93547965d25.jpg

I can't imagine Gina Carano being happy with this headsculpt.

$585. pre-order is up at:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-cara-dune-sideshow-collectibles-300789

It might sound strange to say, but I think the likeness is there for Cara Dune but off for Gina Carano. I know...makes no sense, but I really think it captures the character pretty well. Put the headsculpt on a Fast 7 Gina and it probably wouldn't. I'm probably just trying to talk myself into this one though...

Not a fan. She's a decent enough character on the show but really? a premium format? Is there a good enough market for this?

I would probably buy it if it were realistic Gina Carano. But I agree with Dennis, this looks to be a bit of an artistic interpretation of Cara Dune rather than spot on Gina Carano as Cara Dune.

I collect characters, not actors who portray them, so I'm OK with this being Cara Dune, not Carano.
However, not ok with the creeping up prices, so for more than half a grand, It's a hard pass.

I think the SS research / marketing department is drinking too much of its own koolaid. Yes the mando show is awesome...but how many diehard sw statue collectors have the $ or space for this? And STILL no padme for the love of god.

It will be only the second sw pf I don't buy...unless someone decides to let it go for 50% off, lol.

I think the SS research / marketing department is drinking too much of its own koolaid. Yes the mando show is awesome...but how many diehard sw statue collectors have the $ or space for this? And STILL no padme for the love of god.

It will be only the second sw pf I don't buy...unless someone decides to let it go for 50% off, lol.

I am on the fence on this one, primarily due to the price but also the uncertainty of her character arch in season 2 and beyond. I'm also disappointed to see SS continue to move away from mixed media for their Premium Format figures...which was basically their differentiator from the rest of the statue community...

I am on the fence on this one, primarily due to the price but also the uncertainty of her character arch in season 2 and beyond. I'm also disappointed to see SS continue to move away from mixed media for their Premium Format figures...which was basically their differentiator from the rest of the statue community...

The advances in sculpting makes it possible to make 100% sculpted statues look like mixed media. You get the positives of mixed media without the downsides. Compare the mixed media sideshow premium format superman with the sculpted prime 1 hush superman

Back