Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Death stroke has just hit bottom low

I agree but this Cap PF isn't that much better in my book. The pose is all kinds of awkward and the costume is terrible. Pretty much Deathstroker all over again. The only thing that puts this a notch above Deathstroker is that at least Cap is jacked and buff. Deathstroker looked all feminine with his smooth legs and small build.

I get it, a lot of people don't like it. I personally like it a lot and have it PO'ed. I don't think the pose is unrealistic just takes a little imagination to understand the scene. That's part of the joy. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

PO'ed it myself. I have a hard time passing on Cap statues. Not my favorite but I feel like he will look good mixed in with all my other Caps.

Re: Sideshow Captain America Premium Format

WTF do i have to do to get a classic Romita Spider-Man?, Sideshow just wont give fans what they want!!!!!

How many threads are you going to complain about that in?

You want a Romita Spider-Man. We got it. Thanks.

Re: Sideshow Captain America Premium Format

At this point, it's more like wrong company. Sideshow has made it obvious they aren't releasing classic characters anymore.

The choice might not be up to them. Marvel and Disney are the ones running the approvals

It's really not all that made up, it looks pretty damn similar to the Marvel NOW outfit. Which was an attempt to make comic cap look more like Cap in the movies.

No way Marvel or DC are coming up with these made up costumes. That's ALL on sideshow.

Character maybe, but not the way Sideshow has been going

Really????

It's really not all that made up, it looks pretty damn similar to the Marvel NOW outfit. Which was an attempt to make comic cap look more like Cap in the movies.

Yep it was right from that era for sure...

IMG_8564.JPG

Of course there are going to be similarities in the costumes. We have to be able to recognize the characters. That said, show me this new Cap PFs costume in a Marvel Now story. Thanos? Daredevil? How about the Batman PF costume? See that in any New 52 or Rebirth stories? Igo even said when they originally worked on the new WW PF that it looked completely different from what they were showing on their live video. Igo stated that DC forced them to change the PF to look more like the traditional WW. Sideshow is definitely making up these costumes as they go along.

Last edited:
Of course there are going to be similarities in the costumes. We have to be able to recognize the characters. That said, show me this new Cap PFs costume in a Marvel Now story. Thanos? Daredevil? How about the Batman PF costume? See that in any New 52 or Rebirth stories? Igo even said when they originally worked on the new WW PF that it looked completely different from what they were showing on their live video. Igo stated that DC forced them to change the PF to look more like the traditional WW. Sideshow is definitely making up these costumes as they go along.

It's not similarities, it's almost the same design as Marvel NOW. I just don't understand this mentality, it's so weird. Almost every character is drawn differently by each artist. Cap constantly looks different depending on the artist and the year and guess what, that style is completely fabricated. It's just the artists interpretation. Moon Knight has looked different in almost every run in the last 20 yrs, whether it's David Finch or Greg Smallwood or Declan Shalvey or Alex Maleev drawing him. So Sideshow is somehow stepping over the line by doing the same? And people on here are especially grating because they love to go with the not comic accurate complaint yet most are clearly ignorant on what has actually been published over the years. Because clearly some stripes on a suit mean that whole thing is trash and not comic accurate. But lulz right?

It's not similarities, it's almost the same design as Marvel NOW. I just don't understand this mentality, it's so weird. Almost every character is drawn differently by each artist. Cap constantly looks different depending on the artist and the year and guess what, that style is completely fabricated. It's just the artists interpretation. Moon Knight has looked different in almost every run in the last 20 yrs, whether it's David Finch or Greg Smallwood or Declan Shalvey or Alex Maleev drawing him. So Sideshow is somehow stepping over the line by doing the same? And people on here are especially grating because they love to go with the not comic accurate complaint yet most are clearly ignorant on what has actually been published over the years. Because clearly some stripes on a suit mean that whole thing is trash and not comic accurate. But lulz right?

If you like it then buy it :dunno I don't think there's anything wrong wanting a comic book character to look like he does in comics. The fact is that sideshow like to do their own thing, which will have supporters and critics. They are not comic book artists so I would rather see them stick to designs from popular comics, like they used to do a lot more. Prime 1's hush line springs to mind, as well as their dark knight returns pieces - classic designs from great comics, not something random thought up by some guy which will never appear in a comic. I understand that different artists' interpretations will differ, but it would be great if they'd choose one. It comes down to different business practices though - sideshow want to make their own up and prime 1 will be faithful to their subject matter

Right..stripes on his legs, black on the suit, leather harness on the suit, elbow pads on the suit, black knuckle pads on the suit. The only liberties taken were racing stripes on his costume. :lol I will say that Cap (Marvel Now) and Wolverine (Astonishing X-MEN) have the closest costumes to their comic roots. That said, I won't have anything to do with this new Cap PF because I think it looks hideous.

Since you want to play the ignorant comic reader card...show me the new Mags, Daredevil, Thanos, Deathstroke and Batman PFs costumes in a Marvel Now or New 52 comic. Sure, they took elements of the characters comic costumes but totally sideshowified that shyte. Mags Marvel Now suit is white. DD PF suit look anything like his Marvel NOW suit? I don't think so. Are we really even going to go there with Deathstroker or Batman? Where would you like me to start? They f'd up Deathstroke so badly...they didn't even get the eye color right and he only has one eye (and that's the least they got wrong on that PF). Batman is wearing chaps. CHAPS! You can say whatever you want. IMO Sideshow is just crapping the bed with these sideshowified pieces.

Last edited:

As someone who has consistently read and purchased comics over the last 25 years I concluded this a few years back. It seems that most in the statue community do not care for updated versions. The most recent fan approved looks will be the Lee 90's X Men or Lee Hush line. Anything after that is garbage. For me, having read through several iterations I'm actually ok with the variations. It happens in comics all the time.

As someone who has consistently read and purchased comics over the last 25 years I concluded this a few years back. It seems that most in the statue community do not care for updated versions. The most recent fan approved looks will be the Lee 90's X Men or Lee Hush line. Anything after that is garbage. For me, having read through several iterations I'm actually ok with the variations. It happens in comics all the time.

I think there were a number of vocal people who hated everything new 52. Which makes no sense for batman as his comics were awesome. I agree hush looks better but his newer costumes still have fans

Back