Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just no. It looks like he's strutting down the catwalk of a Victoria's Secret fashion show.

^^^ TBD so probably a high one...

The upper body pose is still awkward to me, I don't mind the modern "tech" suit look but he feels like he's got a drunk swagger or a Vince McMahon walk going on from certain right side angles but it gets hidden by the shield on the left side :lol Standing there like that seems weird to me, haha, but I like the vibrancy of the colors, and I understand they want to show some sort of "movement" with the body pose but it feels a little weird, that left should of his just seems too high up, just my 2 cents. Will be waiting to see what Prime 1's pose will look like, but otherwise, this is a nice one I might get down the road depending on what they show.

I wonder if someone can photoshop his upper torso and rotate it so that the shoulders are at an even level/height, wonder what that looks like...

marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300524-11.jpg

biDFHU0.gif

These are probably my favorite angles:
marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300524-12.jpg

marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300524-04.jpg

It's only weird if you have limited imagination :) J/K. The pose is fine if you consider the details he's in the process of deflecting bullets, he's in the motion of brining up his shield to his face. If you take it in the context of him being in the beginning motion of bringing up that shield it makes sense.

Why is this a head-slapping moment? Does paint not cover older paint where you come from? It does for me.

The sculpting will still be there, true but it'll be a lot less noticeable if it is the same color as the rest of the pants. Draws the eye less.

In general, good luck on the concept of complaints forcing a given sculptor to have one given piece adhere to the standards of 10,000 *different* fans. Seriously, good luck! :wink1:

Not to speak for Chronos1919, but I'm guessing the head-slapping moment is related to the fact of having to paint something on a $585 statue. At that price, you would hope for a piece you wouldn't have to doctor after the fact. Just my opinion.

I'm not a fan of this costume and won't be ordering it but if you like it, then congrats.

It's only weird if you have limited imagination :) J/K. The pose is fine if you consider the details he's in the process of deflecting bullets, he's in the motion of brining up his shield to his face. If you take it in the context of him being in the beginning motion of bringing up that shield it makes sense.

I agree 100% with dw316. I just spoke with a bunch of artists and model riggers at work and everyone was trying to duplicate the pose. I do not have a cap and I really love the suit and textures. If I position it head on like the last photo it would work. But the recent price hikes have me really watching what I purchase. Thanos was my last big one. After that I told my wife X-Men only. But wait I skipped Magneto. UGHH!!! I hate these kind of decisions.

I actually like the "dynamic" museum pose so that's a criticism I don't actually agree with. And it's so rare to have a 1/4 Cap statue where he's standing *and* showing off the shield front and center.

I saw they have the one angled shot with Wolverine. If I can see how he’d look like posed in front of him, that may sway me to PO.

I think Wolvie would do a nice job covering Cap’s lower body, which would make his pose less awkward looking to me.

I actually like the "dynamic" museum pose so that's a criticism I don't actually agree with. And it's so rare to have a 1/4 Cap statue where he's standing *and* showing off the shield front and center.

I don't mind the pose. It's that ridiculous costume he's wearing that will make me pass on this.

Posting links to new Sideshow pre-orders is fine as long as they aren't "promoting your brand/site/product" per our Community Guidelines.

Also keep in mind when you use the board's affiliate links (the banner at the top of every page) to buy a statue you help keep the lights on the Freaks board.

Does that mean members are allowed to post referral links every time a new item goes up for pre-order so they could profit from other members here without specifying anything? Seems a little shady to me and I'm guessing a few others feel the same way here, didn't think the boards would approve this kind of practice since it only seems 1 or 2 people continually do it. Not many people know about the affiliate links above or they end up reading a thread since they have notifications on it and see a link and use that to order, thus referring the poster and giving them free money. I 100% support using the affiliate links above, and I have seen on the facebook groups that some people have tried posting their referral links and those posts get removed by the mods there. Just seems like a shady practice to profit from the forums by doing nothing but posting a pre-order link with your referral attached. BurningRage has been spotting it and warning everyone, I commend him.

Does that mean members are allowed to post referral links every time a new item goes up for pre-order so they could profit from other members here without specifying anything? Seems a little shady to me and I'm guessing a few others feel the same way here, didn't think the boards would approve this kind of practice since it only seems 1 or 2 people continually do it. Not many people know about the affiliate links above or they end up reading a thread since they have notifications on it and see a link and use that to order, thus referring the poster and giving them free money. I 100% support using the affiliate links above, and I have seen on the facebook groups that some people have tried posting their referral links and those posts get removed by the mods there. Just seems like a shady practice to profit from the forums by doing nothing but posting a pre-order link with your referral attached. BurningRage has been spotting it and warning everyone, I commend him.

I checked the link posted that was posted in this thread and there wasn't an affiliate link embedded within. No rule was broken.

I checked the link posted that was posted in this thread and there wasn't an affiliate link embedded within. No rule was broken.

No problem. It was probably changed or deleted like his previous ones, but thank you for checking. BurningRage and I have spotted the same member doing that, here's an instance where another member fell for it and was upset, thanks for keeping a look out though.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179512&p=9625041&viewfull=1#post9625041

Exactly. When I saw the teaser, I really wanted to like this guy because I need a Cap PF in my collection, but he's just way too tacky for my taste.

Any word on if anybody is making a Civil War Cap in 1/4 or has that ship sailed? The IS one from AoU looked great, costume-wise, but I wasn't a fan of the "Pull my Finger" pose either.

Iron Studios also released a 1/4 Civil War Cap last year. You must've missed it.... I bought two of him.

Though imo the AOU version was a better piece.

Part of me just wants to get this statue ...its crazy! I love the sculpt and pose on this, I'll admit.

But part of me would prefer this statue without the shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee pads and pant stripes. I keep trying to think of ways to remove them off the statue if I get this. The costume texturing would make it so difficult, tho ...its not even funny.

Back