Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your outlook is too simplistic. I don't mean this in a bad way but I've heard "if you don't like it, don't buy it"..."if you like it, buy it" or "vote with your wallet" too many times when people express their opinions. It's just a backhanded way of saying no one cares about what you think.

Here's the problem. I (and many others) spent years and thousands on sideshow products. Most collectors like to build lines. I'm in DIRE need of a 1/4 classic Cap and sideshow has a lock on the North American market in that no other company can sell 1/4 Marvel or DC statues in North America. Unlicensed sculpts are illegal and buying XM merch directly isn't allowed to anyone living in North America (besides, I never liked either of the XM Caps). So, the only legit classic 1/4 Cap a person could easily obtain is the OG sideshow PF that is long sold out and was released 10 years ago. Funny enough, I've been collecting long enough to have been able to PO the OG PF but I absolutely HATED the cloth on that piece. So, I "didn't buy it, because I did't like it" and "voted with my wallet" and quietly and patiently waited 10 years and counting for another 1/4 classic comic Cap PF from sideshow. It hasn't happened. Instead, we got various movie Caps, Allied Charge Cap, and now ready for football padded Cap. IMO, Cap is way too popular a character to ignore in classic form for 10+ years. Spidey has numerous offerings in his classic red and blue duds in both 1/5 and 1/4 scale. While Spidey is Marvel's most popular character, it's not like Cap is far behind or a "C" list character. Look at how many PFs I've listed that sideshow has released. It's obvious the character is very popular. He's long overdue for another classic revisit and the only company that can realistically give collectors in North America a classic 1/4 Cap is sideshow.

So, it isn't as simple as you make it out IMO. There's a ton of frustration that boils over when the one company you have spent thousands on has a lock on the region you live in and refuses to give its customers the ICONIC and most well known version of a character you like and want to add to your collection. It can cause for some heated posts.

You forgot Bucky Cap :lol

So, it isn't as simple as you make it out IMO. There's a ton of frustration that boils over when the one company you have spent thousands on has a lock on the region you live in and refuses to give its customers the ICONIC and most well known version of a character you like and want to add to your collection. It can cause for some heated posts.

Perhaps it is worth thinking more about the notion of who these customers are - ?

Perhaps it is worth thinking more about the notion of who these customers are - ?

Agreed. Unfortunately I think some diehard Marvel and comic fans might just have to accept that Sideshow just isn't aiming their products at the niche anymore. They're gunning for the largest audience possible - and the masses don't necessarily want the classics, because they have no history with these characters beyond the recent movies and comics. Understandably that's going to leave some hardcore purists in the cold, but it's an inevitable side effect of "selling out," so to speak. Can't really blame them. I grew up reading Cap and Marvel comics, and am disappointed with Sideshow's take here, but them's the breaks.

1. For those complaining about the leg stripes, they're EASILY painted over.

2. I don't like the neck-ring or the knee-pads much either; but then again I have yet to see the statue I thought was 100% perfect. Altho Michelle Pfeiffer CW came pretty damn close.

3. Good luck to those of you who think that complaining on a message-board is going to influence SS's artistic choices. People have been doing this for years, nay decades... it has yet to have the desired effect.

1. For those complaining about the leg stripes, they're EASILY painted over.

2. I don't like the neck-ring or the knee-pads much either; but then again I have yet to see the statue I thought was 100% perfect. Altho Michelle Pfeiffer CW came pretty damn close.

3. Good luck to those of you who think that complaining on a message-board is going to influence SS's artistic choices. People have been doing this for years, nay decades... it has yet to have the desired effect.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are things I like and dislike about this statue. I’ll just let the ES decide for me. 1500 ES or less is a buy, more than that is a pass. Price will probably be $625 for this piece.

¿It might just be these two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm gonna wait it out a bit with Wolverine especially if the ES is high. Gonna wait to see what Prime 1 has to offer, whenever the hell they show their new Marvel stuff

You right... totally forgot about P1. P1 stuff is always so much more expensive though.

Lately the SS stuff is pretty good. Going full sculpt, better base, dynamic pose. Hey, its like XM now.

Why is this a head-slapping moment? Does paint not cover older paint where you come from? It does for me.

The sculpting will still be there, true but it'll be a lot less noticeable if it is the same color as the rest of the pants. Draws the eye less.

In general, good luck on the concept of complaints forcing a given sculptor to have one given piece adhere to the standards of 10,000 *different* fans. Seriously, good luck! :wink1:

Back