Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the abundance of heroes they could do for premium format and the their villains being all powerful to take on teams, I wouldn't be surprised if they made all their villains Maquettes given how popular Thanos was :lol Hell, I'd by a Dr. Doom Maquette if it had the presence of Thanos, haha

Why does Sideshow swing for the fences with their new Wonder Woman PF but then bunt with Cap?

I’m thinking they did swing for the fences. Unfortunately, if they hit a homerun or struck out remains to be seen.

If the sculpt is worthy of the price, then it should be no big deal like the TOT Maquette.

If the sculpt is worthy of the price, then it should be no big deal like the TOT Maquette.

The price on the Thanos MAQ definitely chased me away. No way I'm paying that much for a 1/4 scale statue from SSC. Now that I see he's actually a 1/3 scale piece, the price has become more reasonable.

1125x682_previewbanner_CapAmericaPrint.jpg

he's holding an Ultron head

If this comes with a swap out classic cowl with protruding wing tips that would go a long way toward offsetting the thighs and knees. I could see this having some decent shelf presence if the pants/pads don't ruin it on the final product. Thanos had a switchout classic head so we'll just have to see.

Last edited:
If this comes with a swap out classic cowl with protruding wing tips that would go along way toward offsetting the thighs and knees. I could see this having some decent shelf presence if the pants/pads don't ruin it on the final product. Thanos had a switchout classic head so we'll just have to see.

Classic winged portrait would look good on this I think.
Allied was a "vintage" look, this is much more modern and would still work with wings.

If this comes with a swap out classic cowl with protruding wing tips that would go a long way toward offsetting the thighs and knees. I could see this having some decent shelf presence if the pants/pads don't ruin it on the final product. Thanos had a switchout classic head so we'll just have to see.

They need to recreate more of the magic of the original PF with all of the accessories.

That piece was a piece with accessories. The Ultron head, army helmet, and two change of heads. They spoiled us back then.

They need to recreate more of the magic of the original PF with all of the accessories.

That piece was a piece with accessories. The Ultron head, army helmet, and two change of heads. They spoiled us back then.

Yes and I remember when Darkside Collectibles (was that their name?) sold the regular version for a meager $212 with $5 shipping! :horror

Now we're lucky to get a 12 inch figure that cheap, lol.

Unless a possible classic switch out portrait comes with a switch out classic body...I'm passing. For me personally, that costume in the art print is horrible and beyond saving.

Allied Charge Cap ****s all over this one, why even bother putting out something like this. The baseline should be the older pf, if the new design looks worst then the old one scrap that **** and come up with something better. Why would anyone buy this statue that owns allied charge or even the first cap pf. A major fail by sideshow, obviously this was poorly thought out. You cant just make up costumes for characters they look like cheap cosplay designs, like this person couldn't afford the real cap costume so he bought a fake from a discount Halloween store. Who the **** wants a statue of that. Seriously, sideshows overconfidence is their weakness...

Back