Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpt on this is amazing. I was 100% in for a long while... but now I think I just want to wait for something that threads the needle between classic look and modern update since I only want 1 Cap statue in my collection...

I don't know if we'll ever get it though.

I think the sculpt on this is amazing. I was 100% in for a long while... but now I think I just want to wait for something that threads the needle between classic look and modern update since I only want 1 Cap statue in my collection...

I always did like that Charge on Hydra piece (my first PF). And I've got an additional 3x 1/4 MCU Caps.

Definitely looking forward to the P1 Cap reveal.

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. I don't like either of XM's Caps and there's no other company besides sideshow that can deliver a licensed classic 1/4 Cap. I've been waiting 10 years for a kick ass fully sculpted 1/4 classic Cap. The wait continues.

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. I don't like either of XM's Caps and there's no other company besides sideshow that can deliver a licensed classic 1/4 Cap. I've been waiting 10 years for a kick ass fully sculpted 1/4 classic Cap. The wait continues.

Don’t waste ya breath sideshow have clearly give. Up on a lot of things for years now. Still waiting for them to do a new premium format Black Panther. Probably dreaming too much for that to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t waste ya breath sideshow have clearly give. Up on a lot of things for years now. Still waiting for them to do a new premium format Black Panther. Probably dreaming too much for that to happen

? Clearly given up? What's that even mean? They gave up since they aren't making the statues you want? Please...

That was the point I was making. There are others that share this opinion also.

I'm getting this "modern" Captain America.

But what I want to know is how long will it be before SSC releases a fully sculpted classic Captain America? I'm still looking and waiting for that. Need it in 1/4 scale, so the other scales don't count.

Just seems selfish to think that they are "giving up" because they aren't making your style statues. I'm sure the sculptures and artists work very hard.

Just seems selfish to think that they are "giving up" because they aren't making your style statues. I'm sure the sculptures and artists work very hard.

You took my comment a bit out of context, it wasn’t a serious one. More sarcasm. I couldn’t careless to be honest if sideshow do pieces or not that I’m after as I mostly collect XM that are doing statues I personally like. My comment was relating to how he felt waiting 10 years which is haha a very long time right. Maybe he should wait another 10 [emoji849]. Everyone works hard mate. I work hard to earn the money to buy statues that others have worked hard to produce. It’s as simple as that.

All in all I think it’s missed opportunities not doing these pieces that’s all

I agree. You just have to read the comments in this thread to get that most collectors who frequent this board feel the same unfortunately. But it seems Sideshow is no longer targeting the hardcore comic book follower, who wants comic accuracy in their statues. Just look at some of those posts on other social media such as on Facebook and you'll find a more positive response. It looks like that rumour that we on this board only represent a very small percentage of their buyers is actually true. Look at the response at their new Poison Ivy and the response is even more divergent.

And I'm also sure that you're right as well. The sculptors are probably doing their 'best' and are simply following the art directions of their bosses. But I've said pretty much the same thing as KainSwiss when it comes to their sculpts of human actors to which I think everyone (except for a few) will agree have been far more miss than hit. I'm sure they're doing their 'best', but whom ever is sculpting their faces just isn't up to the task. It'll be like if I tried sculpting an actor. It'll be terrible.

But somehow Prime 1, Iron Studios, Hot Toys and Blitzway have the capability to get good sculpts done on a more consistent basis but Sideshow just doesn't at the moment. And by Sideshow I mean the whole process from prototype all the way to production. I'm including production, because all that matters is what we get in hand, not what they haven't paid the factories enough to accomplish. Which is probably why Sideshow themselves appears to be slowing down their production on movie pieces, except for Star Wars.

But what I want to know is how long will it be before SSC releases a fully sculpted classic Captain America? I'm still looking and waiting for that. Need it in 1/4 scale, so the other scales don't count.
Agreed. We are in the same boat and the wait is excruciating.

Agreed. We are in the same boat and the wait is excruciating.

If your waiting on ssc then prepare for a lifetime of excruciating pain lol. Prime 1 will do a fully sculpted classic cap before ssc ever does. Wost case scenario it will be 1/3 scale (because ssc **** blocks them from 1/4 scale) but it will be glorious. Ssc has to put its flair/mark on all their statues these days, so even if you got.classic cap it would be a cosplay ssc mock up cap with stripes in places there shouldnt be, plus ssc qc sucks balls its like playing the freakin lottery trying to get a good one these days...And even if your lucky enough to get a good one for ssc standards, the paint will still suck compared to.prime 1

Last edited:
If your waiting on ssc then prepare for a lifetime of excruciating pain lol. Prime 1 will do a fully sculpted classic cap before ssc ever does. Wost case scenario it will be 1/3 scale (because ssc **** blocks them from 1/4 scale) but it will be glorious. Ssc has to put its flair/mark on all their statues these days, so even if you got.classic cap it would be a cosplay ssc mock up cap with stripes in places there shouldnt be, plus ssc qc sucks balls its like playing the freakin lottery trying to get a good one these days...And even if your lucky enough to get a good one for ssc standards, the paint will still suck compared to.prime 1

Yup.... For those waiting for Cap A classic, best bet is wait for P1

I'm well aware of sideshow's recent track record. My problem is that NO company has released a classic Cap that I like. I'm not a big fan of XM's first Cap. Didn't like the portrait and I had minor issues with his costume. I'm just not a big fan of the guy who sculpted the statue. So. I pass and hope they release another one. They did. Who did they pick to sculpt it? Mufizal, the guy who sculpted XM's OG Cap which I didn't like. Why not the K bros or Daniel Bel? Instead we get a Cap with laces in his boots and funky looking legs. P1's Cap is supposed to be 1/4 scale but it isn't classic Cap. I can tell by the WIP shot we've already seen of it. If they do release a classic Cap, it'll be in 1/3 scale and that'll be useless for me personally because I need a 1/4 Cap to fit in with the rest of my 1/4 collection. Things look very bleak right now.

Back