Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the Ex. on Ebay I was mentioning earlier? Starting bid is a decent price. Keep an eye on it if you're interested. Drop me a PM if you can't find it.

I found it but I just like one more flexpay with the regular statue with SS. I went ahead and ordered the reg. edition just in case my WL didn't convert...looks like I did the right thing. Besides, I've got my eye on something else on ebay right now....hmmmmm...maybe I'll let you know later, lol! :)

And...I post this as I'm watching "Graduation Day" on Chiller...

Last edited:
I found it but I just like one more flexpay with the regular statue with SS. I went ahead and ordered the reg. edition just in case my WL didn't convert...looks like I did the right thing. Besides, I've got my eye on something else on ebay right now....hmmmmm...maybe I'll let you know later, lol! :)

And...I post this as I'm watching "Graduation Day" on Chiller...

Me too!!
:clap

Is Chiller having a Valentine's Day Buffy Marathon????

I normally watch the late night Sunday marathons. Didn't know there was one on tonight!

Wasn't really what I would call a marathon...more like a mini-marathon. In my book for it to be considered a marathon, it has to be 24 hours. I miss when FX used to have the Thanksgiving day marathons!

Wasn't really what I would call a marathon...more like a mini-marathon. In my book for it to be considered a marathon, it has to be 24 hours. I miss when FX used to have the Thanksgiving day marathons!

Someone who remembers the FX marathons?!?!

Oh, man. Those were the days. I remember those so well. Waking up and locking myself in my room for the day. I'd come out to eat, then back to Buffy ASAP! Good times.

I don't consider 24 hours a marathon. I consider at least 8 hours one though. :D

Anytime Buffy is on more than twice in a row, I'm happy. I'm happy when it's on once, too, but you know, more Buffy = Happy BG.

Okay, back to Faith.

I got my replacement hands yesterday. The crossbow hand was much better, relatively speaking, and is now acceptable. The knife hand had as many issues as the original I received, but is marginally better and after a little sanding and touch up paint, it's a keeper too. I will be destroying the originals and sending photographs to SS soon.

Looking at both original hands, the problem seems to have been:

sloppy casting - the crossbow especially is a complicated piece with a lot of undercuts especially around the trigger and handle. All four pieces had poor cast lines, not properly sanded and cleaned.

old paint - it just looks like crappy quality paint to be honest. Goopy from what I can tell, probably has been sitting in a hot warehouse for a while.

poor paint applicaiton - well, I'm sure the pay rate they are able to give the factory workers contributes. You get what you pay for. Not everyone will pay more for a quality paint job.

These are the same issues that I had with the Rogue PF - methinks Faith came from the same factory.

Hopefully I'll be able to add my photos to the thread this weekend.

As far as the lack of replacement pieces, perhaps it has to do with the low ES on this one.

I thought mine looked pretty good.... I'm a little nervous now since I'm having to replace the whole thing to get a replacement base. I just don't like the idea of having stagnant water in the base, so I'm going for it. I just hope I don't end up with someone else's return. The eyes on mine looked a little sloppy, but not really noticeable.

I vaguely remember something to the effect that they have a few factories producing their statues. If true, they must have to allocate projects accordingly. It would be interesting albeit purely speculative since it is all subjective to try to map the quality of production of pieces produced with output. I.e., when they are really pumping out the statues, does the quality go down? What effect if any does a project’s ES have?

If you could pay more for better quality, would you? I would not, because:

a. their prices are already on the threshold of what I personally consider a reasonable value. I know that’s subjective, plus, I do have the skills, ambition, and supplies at hand to correct minor paint flaws myself. Knowing how a lazy eye or chip in a nose or other prominent feature would bug the hell out of me, if I had to pay to fix all of these mistakes, that would considerably lower the value-$$ threshold and would probably price me out of the hobby. I am already getting to that point in fact, but I’m still a Buffy fan and will make sacrifices to keep collecting.

b. not to make it political, but I wouldn’t pay more to an American company to give more work to a Chinese factory (or, even more cynically, themselves), when there’s no guarantee that the Chinese laborer would be compensated any more than they were before (Apple, anyone?). I would, however, consider paying more if the work was done by a US worker, because I am fairly sure the US worker, even if s/he needed more initial training, would have more protections, be better compensated, and yes, produce better work as a result.

My Spike was also very well painted. Just missing a fang, so that does make the last 3 statues I’ve gotten from SS that have needed replacement. Still, the paintwork is much improved over Faith. I used to collect a LOT of SS statues. It’s only been the past few years the quality’s been hit or miss in my experience.

As for the base, it does make sense that they would need to have to replace the body too, just because there seem to be issues fitting the body to the base properly (hovering foot). The same thing happened when I had a problem with the Robocop PF base.

As for the base, it does make sense that they would need to have to replace the body too, just because there seem to be issues fitting the body to the base properly (hovering foot). The same thing happened when I had a problem with the Robocop PF base.

Yeah, that was the reasoning they gave me for needing to replace the body as well. I'm just glad I was still able to get replacements for Faith and Spike since the Buffy line is one I don't want to be incomplete.

I just got an e-mail from SS telling me that the wait list for the exclusive is closed and I didn't get a conversion. I went ahead and ordered the regular, but man, what a disappointment.

Last edited:
I just got an e-mail from SS telling me that the wait list for the exclusive is closed and I didn't get a conversion. I went ahead ad ordered the regular, but man, what a disappointment.

Ditto...but I already ordered a reg. version back in January. My final flexpay is March 10.

I also got the email :( Though I think the statue does look better with the crossbow and I'm not really one to keep rearranging things, so I would most likely keep it with the crossbow rather than the knife. They also offered a $10 discount to buy the regular. I have a $25 coupon they sent with the Spike ex (first order) so I'll use that instead.

Last edited:
I also got the email :( Though I think the statue does look better with the crossbow and I'm not really one to keep rearranging things, so I would most likely keep it with the crossbow rather than the knife. They also offered a $10 discount to buy the regular. I have a $25 coupon they sent with the Spike ex (first order) so I'll use that instead.

They offered me $10 off as well. That was extremely nice of them. But I used my reward points instead. I agree with you, I would've displayed Faith with the crossbow even though I had gotten the exclusive, so it's not that bad. But I'm going to have 4 exclusive statues from this line and one regular, and that's going to torture me forever.

Knowing me I'd probably lose the knife or break it :( But I know what you mean, it sucks being a bit of a perfectionist at times :)

I'm just hoping to get a good statue without flaws. I think everyone that has received their Faith so far has been an ex and some of them are getting refunded and not even keeping the statue. I'm hoping the regular has less issues, I really don't want to have to return it :(

Knowing me I'd probably lose the knife or break it :( But I know what you mean, it sucks being a bit of a perfectionist at times :)

I'm just hoping to get a good statue without flaws. I think everyone that has received their Faith so far has been an ex and some of them are getting refunded and not even keeping the statue. I'm hoping the regular has less issues, I really don't want to have to return it :(

SW, I thought you had received an Exclusive? No?

No I was on the Waitlist and it never converted - I have the Spike ex though, which arrived a week ago :)

Ah. Got it. At least you got the Spike Ex, which I think has a much better exclusive option than Faith's. The knife looks great, but the crossbow is so much better looking, IMO.

Ah. Got it. At least you got the Spike Ex, which I think has a much better exclusive option than Faith's. The knife looks great, but the crossbow is so much better looking, IMO.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's weird because who would have thought her knife accessory wouldn't be super cool to us. I have her knife sitting beside her on the shelf. She's got the bow. But you couldn't really give her a portrait swap. So what else could they have given her?

Back