Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish they would go for that, using Illyria's "natural" sex appeal, but as we've seen with these statues, what sideshow thinks is sexy and true to the characters isn't really what all of us thinks is sexy.

I mean, they put Buffy on a throne to show that she's powerful, or however they choose to phrase it. They don't get the characters. Buffy doesn't like to sit on thrones. She's more likely to mock people on thrones. Willow does like skirts. But not to have bare legs.

God I still wish this line had had taken a slightly different angle myself. It still grates with me that the Willow statue is so off when it comes to body langue etc.

I mean both the Faith and Willow versions have been linked to Whedonesque and folks on there seem far from impressed. :(

God I still wish this line had had taken a slightly different angle myself. It still grates with me that the Willow statue is so off when it comes to body langue etc.

I mean both the Faith and Willow versions have been linked to Whedonesque and folks on there seem far from impressed. :(

Yeah, I noticed that - I check Whedonesque most days and saw people weren't overjoyed. I was glad some people mentioned the skimpy clothing though so I don't feel too alone in that opinion lol. :p

I agree with you on the line taking a different direction - I think the likenesses are so amazing but the poses and clothes leave much to be desired. I would love a Buffy statue but the throne does nothing for me sadly. And now, while I thought I'd grab Faith without hesitation that top just seems too dischordant. :(

It will be interesting to see the choice for Angel and I will definitely still look forward to seeing more pics for Faith soon though.

Didnt you hear to keep with the theme of the line that Angel is going to only be wearing a pair of boxers that says suck this on the front.

It's almost done all they need to do is add the boxers and a pointless stand.
angel_nude_block.jpg

Big unveil TOMORROW!! :rock

I can't wait, but really can't wait till Thursday!!! :panic:

Honest and truly I have had butterflies since this morning. I'm such a :FREAK:

I am just so excited for the Faith release and I have Lara, too. I don't think my day could be anymore awesome on Thursday.

I know that some aren't happy with the line. I will admit that Buffy's face isn't spot on enough for me but I think overall I just love the Throne so much. I realize the real Buffy would mock that kind of thing. But I think if we look at it from a collectors perspective and not Buffy's, it's the collectors saying...Buffy deserves a throne cause she's Queen B for us.

As for Willow. She's definitely way off. We all know that that is NOT Willow. The face is superb, and in person will blow us all away. But the pose and the clothes are so far away from Willow that it's not even funny. But again, as a collector, I had to look at the good and skip over the bad so that I could have this piece. Because we wont get this chance again to have another Willow statue be this dead on in likeness.

Faith...sorry to all who do not agree, but I think she's on! I have no complaints for this one. Yet! Haven't seen the whole base. But if Sideshow took advantage of my idea, she will have a gravestone (headstone) on her base. Because this will be a great addition.

Honest and truly I have had butterflies since this morning. I'm such a :FREAK:

I am just so excited for the Faith release and I have Lara, too. I don't think my day could be anymore awesome on Thursday.

I know that some aren't happy with the line. I will admit that Buffy's face isn't spot on enough for me but I think overall I just love the Throne so much. I realize the real Buffy would mock that kind of thing. But I think if we look at it from a collectors perspective and not Buffy's, it's the collectors saying...Buffy deserves a throne cause she's Queen B for us.

As for Willow. She's definitely way off. We all know that that is NOT Willow. The face is superb, and in person will blow us all away. But the pose and the clothes are so far away from Willow that it's not even funny. But again, as a collector, I had to look at the good and skip over the bad so that I could have this piece. Because we wont get this chance again to have another Willow statue be this dead on in likeness.

Faith...sorry to all who do not agree, but I think she's on! I have no complaints for this one. Yet! Haven't seen the whole base. But if Sideshow took advantage of my idea, she will have a gravestone (headstone) on her base. Because this will be a great addition.

In the pic back in December of last year, Faith's base had a gravestone. That was one of things that got me excited about this one. (That and the hand poking out of the ground. :rock)

In the pic back in December of last year, Faith's base had a gravestone. That was one of things that got me excited about this one. (That and the hand poking out of the ground. :rock)
:goodpost: :exactly:
x
I'm sure it was posted in the Willow thread but that one has gone to ape____ and I didn't see it here but its worth posting again. The shadows look good. Notice the hand under her boot? I can't wait to see the base...

200056press11001.jpg
You can just see the gravestone behind her leg and the hand under her foot....awesome :rock
This is indeed gonna be a great piece :rock
x :peace

Well, I had mentioned it wayyy before December. ;). I just forgot to look at the base to see if they listened, :lol

My pleasure pal :duff

Maybe....probably.....more than likely........perhaps :naughty :lol
I want to but need to get the finances sorted first, if I can, I will :yess:
x :hi5:

I'm downsizing at the moment, so I can relate. Just too much stuff, and I need to prioritize.

I'm downsizing at the moment, so I can relate. Just too much stuff, and I need to prioritize.

I think all of us are. I have to sell our Hitman PF one day soon if I plan to pay for Lara. But the new game needs to come out so that his pf can actually sell out before I try to sell him.

I think all of us are. I have to sell our Hitman PF one day soon if I plan to pay for Lara. But the new game needs to come out so that his pf can actually sell out before I try to sell him.

Economy is definitely still rough. And space is becoming more and more of an issue. :(

It's very difficult because you love these characters and ideally you need to give them the proper display area, so yeah space does become an issue with these bigger items. I sat down and wrote out what i had pre-ordered and had to cancel a few since I don't want my space looking too much like a comic store set up. I may be in the minority but I get really angsty when I feel things look more cluttered than arranged. eEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk!

Economy is definitely still rough. And space is becoming more and more of an issue. :(

Back