Premium Format Sideshow Boba Fett Premium Format ROTJ 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow New Boba Fett Premium Format Return Of The Jedi

I'm glad I'm finished buying statues. Now, God help me when Iron Studios comes out with their Boba Fett.

You know, I might as well send them money now. Why wait?

yeah, that isn't great. but at 1/4 scale I guess I can live with it? (not that I have it ordered yet...waiting for a deal on him like everything else from SS these days).

again and again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait to get mine in hand and see it for myself, but yeah, this seems really bad from a paint apps perspective. I've never sent a statue back requesting a refund but this may just end that streak...

Wow, the helmet paint app does look lacklustre to say the least. How does the paint app of this compare to the original ROTJ SS PF piece or the Hot Toys QS? I know the original PF's helmet was far from accurate, but it appears to have a lot more weathering than this. Prices for the original PF fell somewhat after the ESB PF was released, but I wonder if they'll bolster based on this?

Wow, the helmet paint app does look lacklustre to say the least. How does the paint app of this compare to the original ROTJ SS PF piece or the Hot Toys QS? I know the original PF's helmet was far from accurate, but it appears to have a lot more weathering than this. Prices for the original PF fell somewhat after the ESB PF was released, but I wonder if they'll bolster based on this?

I'll find out later this week. The first PF was/is still my favorite and it doesn't look like that's about to change.

I don't have the Hot Toys one though because something about it always comes across as a "toy" and I already have the 1/6th version.

Those paint apps are abysmal, especially for the price they are charging.

I agree with DarthRusty, when IS puts out a Fett it will be an instant order for me.

Is there any teasers for this Iron Studios one yet?

I remembering hearing someone on theses boards say IS next statue will be a Jedi. Maybe we'll see Fett from them in the future, I hope :pray:

Here's a few pics I think capture the paint app better. It really isn't bad.

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

As with anything Fett related, I’m gonna wait to see this in-hand to decide if I keep it or not. I know my costume looks different in every picture, depending on the light and cameras rarely capture how it looks in person.

^^^ above pics look good. My pics are washed out due to exposure but mine went back yesterday for a replacement due to a cracked base. I’ll post better pics of my replacement next week.

I don't see the issues people are having with the paint on the helmet. Can someone please point what the specific concerns are? Thanks!

Yes this is looking better, thanks for the pics Mr Nice Guy.

I don't see the issues people are having with the paint on the helmet. Can someone please point what the specific concerns are? Thanks!

Comparison pics on page 28. Just another classic case of first in-hand pics under bad lighting.

Back