Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the EX portrait
5d5526672d3049b93c3f1c99b028fb3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing is just outrageous. I've gone back and forth on the two heads and the EX COH is the winner IMO. The comic version looks great but the EX is plain menacing:

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7064.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7062.jpg

IMG_7061.jpg

and the details on the base are outstanding as well

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

Can't go wrong with either portrait aa909. I still prefer the REG portrait. It just screams classic comic Bane to me and I'm all about the classics. However, many of my family and friends (most don't read comics) do like the EX portrait a little more. Either way, it's nice to have options.

here's a quick size comparison of Bane's head vs the 1/3 Prime 1 Robin head sculpt. This thing is ridiculously HUGE for 1/4. Amazing piece.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Can't go wrong with either portrait aa909. I still prefer the REG portrait. It just screams classic comic Bane to me and I'm all about the classics. However, many of my family and friends (most don't read comics) do like the EX portrait a little more. Either way, it's nice to have options.

agree, having options is great. and while I love the classic head sculpt, I've noticed the majority of pics coming in from folks who own both are with the EX head sculpt. I think that's just a testament to how amazing the EX came out, which IMO has surprised many who initially weren't sure if the EX was "special". Now that I've got this in hand I think the EX is a must have, just my personal preference of course. Either way this is one of Sideshow's best pieces (reg or EX)

While the EX is indeed well-made sculpt and paint-wise, I'm glad that it's not something that I don't find as worth paying extra for if you're like me whose only access to an EX is paying scalper prices and/or shipping fees that would be almost half the price of the PF, or if you happened to miss out on the EX @ Sideshow (meaning you have to go the pricier aftermarket route). IMO it's not a must-have in the sense that without it, the statue would look like there's something missing (like the BvS WW PF's EX shield). Something that's nice to have for sure, but can do without :)

While the EX is indeed well-made sculpt and paint-wise, I'm glad that it's not something that I don't find as worth paying extra for if you're like me whose only access to an EX is paying scalper prices and/or shipping fees that would be almost half the price of the PF, or if you happened to miss out on the EX @ Sideshow (meaning you have to go the pricier aftermarket route). IMO it's not a must-have in the sense that without it, the statue would look like there's something missing (like the BvS WW PF's EX shield). Something that's nice to have for sure, but can do without :)

If you dig a classic comic Bane, the REG is all you need.

agree, having options is great. and while I love the classic head sculpt, I've noticed the majority of pics coming in from folks who own both are with the EX head sculpt. I think that's just a testament to how amazing the EX came out, which IMO has surprised many who initially weren't sure if the EX was "special". Now that I've got this in hand I think the EX is a must have, just my personal preference of course. Either way this is one of Sideshow's best pieces (reg or EX)

You can count me as one of those that was skeptical about the EX. I didn't even think it was all that special until I received my EX and saw it first hand. It's a phenomenal portrait and I can totally understand why collectors are digging it. I do like it. I just like displaying a more classic Bane in my collection. I do agree with you...either way, this is one of sideshow's best pieces regardless of what version you get.

No question this statue is a winner regardless of which head sculpt you display. But I've seen people pay $150-$300 for custom heads for statues, based on that I think I would personally pay $150 for the EX head, that's how amazing it looks in person. But I totally understand what you're saying and in no way am I diminiousing the beauty of the reg head sculpt :)

You can count me as one of those that was skeptical about the EX. I didn't even think it was all that special until I received my EX and saw it first hand. It's a phenomenal portrait and I can totally understand why collectors are digging it. I do like it. I just like displaying a more classic Bane in my collection. I do agree with you...either way, this is one of sideshow's best pieces regardless of what version you get.

Sideshow and Canale killed this piece, it's off the charts amazing and thankfully the factories were able to deliver prototype quality. Wish SS could do this level of "amazing" on all their pieces LOL!!

No question this statue is a winner regardless of which head sculpt you display. But I've seen people pay $150-$300 for custom heads for statues, based on that I think I would personally pay $150 for the EX head, that's how amazing it looks in person. But I totally understand what you're saying and in no way am I diminiousing the beauty of the reg head sculpt :)

All's well, bud! I totally get what you mean. Personally I'd be opting for the EX versions as well regardless of the accessory's importance, if I could get them for the same price or at minimal additional cost compared to the regular. Might not even make it out of the box, but would at least help me resell faster should I need to dispose for space, fund a new statue, or just need extra cash for something else :)

Sideshow and Canale killed this piece, it's off the charts amazing and thankfully the factories were able to deliver prototype quality. Wish SS could do this level of "amazing" on all their pieces LOL!!

Martin Canale and sideshow are a killer combo. Martin is my favorite sculptor. My collection is littered with his statues. My last 4 sideshow pieces were the EX classic Sabretooth PF, EX Lobo PF, EX HULK and Wolverine MAQ, and lastly the EX Bane PF. All phenomenal Canale sculpts. I hope to one day see Canale sculpt a classic green HULK, classic Cap, classic Perez Deathstroke, and classic Magneto PFs. Hell, toss in a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF as well. That would round out my collection rather nicely. Martin can't possibly sculpt enough of my favorite characters as far as I'm concerned. He's a special talent in my book.

Martin Canale and sideshow are a killer combo. Martin is my favorite sculptor. My collection is littered with his statues. My last 4 sideshow pieces were the EX classic Sabretooth PF, EX Lobo PF, EX HULK and Wolverine MAQ, and lastly the EX Bane PF. All phenomenal Canale sculpts. I hope to one day see Canale sculpt a classic green HULK, classic Cap, classic Perez Deathstroke, and classic Magneto PFs. Hell, toss in a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF as well. That would round out my collection rather nicely. Martin can't possibly sculpt enough of my favorite characters as far as I'm concerned. He's a special talent in my book.
Canale did do a classic Cap, but I'd love to see him do another.

I think I would like that Ex head more if it was not for the black lines around the mouth.. I hate the way it looks in the cartoons and though this looks better its the one thing I really don;t care for.. BUT its still very nice.. Congrats!!!

Yes yes yes. Homerun basically each time they work together.

Dont forget, he sculpted King & Gladiator Hulk as well!! Bane, Lobo and King are 3 masterpieces from Canale Im very happy to own!! My favorite artist as well.

Love this piece!! Love both headsculpts and have been switching them back and forth.

21271298_1308708512571542_3830051458583402640_n.jpg

I think I would like that Ex head more if it was not for the black lines around the mouth.. I hate the way it looks in the cartoons and though this looks better its the one thing I really don;t care for.. BUT its still very nice.. Congrats!!!

The ex head resembles the Bane design from the Arkham Asylum & City design, more so than the cartoons. Reason why I got him to pair with AA Bats.

bane-from-batman-arkham-city.jpg

Thats why I like both portraits. One is from my favorite Batman video game series, and the other the classic Bane design I love from the comics.

This really turned out amazing in my opinion. I wish I had the space for it. But ran out sigh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canale did do a classic Cap, but I'd love to see him do another.

Yeah, I know but I hated the spanks and cloth he was wearing on that piece. Sculpt was incredible though. Sideshow has come a long way in the mixed media department since those days. Would love to see Martin do another classic Cap.

Back