Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont forget, he sculpted King & Gladiator Hulk as well!! Bane, Lobo and King are 3 masterpieces from Canale Im very happy to own!! My favorite artist as well.

Love this piece!! Love both headsculpts and have been switching them back and forth.

21271298_1308708512571542_3830051458583402640_n.jpg

I didn't forget. King and Gladiator HULK are spectacular PFs. Unfortunately, I only have room for one HULK PF and I need it to be a classic green one. I hope we get one from Martin down the line. The list of Martin's work is nothing short of amazing. The Apocalypse PF along with the Punisher, Spidey, Venom, Carnage and HULK COMs are just a few more of Martin's mind blowing sculpts. I just can't get enough of his work.

I can understand your need to switch up the portraits on Bane. They both look stunning. It's a nice problem to have though, isn't it?

Martin Canale and his pal/frequent collaborator, comicbook artist Ariel Olivetti (who's also done a lot of designs for SSC PFs) are masters of anatomy and huge, muscular physique is their specialty. They have released an anatomy book for artists and sculptors and it's a fantastic reference material. Sideshow's easiest creative decision must have been to assign this PF to Canale for sculpting :)

Can't wait for SS to reveal what Canale is doing next

For the DC line, I'm sure Canale would make terrific sculpts of The Dark Knight Returns Batman and Mutant Leader, Mongul, Solomon Grundy, Kilowog, Atrocitus of the Red Lanterns, and classic Martian Manhunter.

For the DC line, I'm sure Canale would make terrific sculpts of The Dark Knight Returns Batman and Mutant Leader, Mongul, Solomon Grundy, Kilowog, Atrocitus of the Red Lanterns, and classic Martian Manhunter.

Id be interested in a Soloman Grundy & TDKR. Id like a bigger and better take on Killer Croc as well.

I didn't forget. King and Gladiator HULK are spectacular PFs. Unfortunately, I only have room for one HULK PF and I need it to be a classic green one. I hope we get one from Martin down the line. The list of Martin's work is nothing short of amazing. The Apocalypse PF along with the Punisher, Spidey, Venom, Carnage and HULK COMs are just a few more of Martin's mind blowing sculpts. I just can't get enough of his work.

I can understand your need to switch up the portraits on Bane. They both look stunning. It's a nice problem to have though, isn't it?

Agreed. Id like to see a classic Hulk pf, with the same portrait as GH & KH. I like those portraits look. To me, thats what Hulks face looks like. Would be cool to get a Hulk smash statue. Or something similar, displaying his power. In regards to Apocalypse. Had him. Although his size was massive just like Banes, I just wasnt all too impressed with the paint applications on it, and ended up getting rid of him. KH, Lobo, and Bane are on a whole other level compared to Apoc.

Id be interested in a Soloman Grundy & TDKR. Id like a bigger and better take on Killer Croc as well.

Agreed. Id like to see a classic Hulk pf, with the same portrait as GH & KH. I like those portraits look. To me, thats what Hulks face looks like. Would be cool to get a Hulk smash statue. Or something similar, displaying his power. In regards to Apocalypse. Had him. Although his size was massive just like Banes, I just wasnt all too impressed with the paint applications on it, and ended up getting rid of him. KH, Lobo, and Bane are on a whole other level compared to Apoc.

I was very fortunate and received an Apoc PF with good paint apps. I've seen the nightmare QC issues with Apoc in that thread so I know what you are talking about. Thankfully, I have no issues with my Apoc PF and I think the sculpt is amazing. Lobo, Bane, and Skaar are probably my favorite PFs. Punisher, Spidey, and Venom are my favorite COMs. Either way, pretty much all of Martin's sculpts are killer. Poor paint apps are the only thing that can bring a Canale sculpt down a notch or two but that certainly isn't Martin's fault.

After being blown away by this Bane PF, I can't wait to see what's next from sideshow and Martin.

This is tuff to watch due to guys behavior... I can see being upset but he should have watched this before posting it. He has a reason to be frustrated and makes some good points... But just too much whiney crap for me.

This is tuff to watch due to guys behavior... I can see being upset but he should have watched this before posting it. He has a reason to be frustrated and makes some good points... But just too much whiney crap for me.

I watched that for about thirty seconds and wanted to make my own video about how pissed I am to have wasted thirty seconds of my life on that! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't watch the whole thing, basically he's frustrated over a QC issue but SS will obviously replace this for him given the large paint mark. He just need to call and follow up on his original message, I've never had a problem getting something like this replaced by them.

I watched that for about thirty seconds and wanted to make my own video about how pissed I am to have wasted thirty seconds of my life on that! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

I finished it in three attempts... I kept going back because I was just amazed... He gets even more petty complaining about $25 off select items and other pieces SS is putting out that he thinks are garbage... It's what happens when someone who is entitled actually has something to complain about.. Complete meltdown.

Couldn't watch the whole thing, basically he's frustrated over a QC issue but SS will obviously replace this for him given the large paint mark. He just need to call and follow up on his original message, I've never had a problem getting something like this replaced by them.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

This dude is a whiney d-bag. He just completely loses it in the video. The guy couldn't even be bothered to wait for a response from Sideshow before he went on an all out assault against the company. :lol

This dude is a whiney d-bag. He just completely loses it in the video. The guy couldn't even be bothered to wait for a response from Sideshow before he went on an all out assault against the company. :lol

It's pretty amazing to watch.. I would take it down if I were him.:lol

Last edited:
There's a huge difference between receiving a Rogue and receiving a paint chip

The guy sounds like a self entitled retard

I feel embarrassed for his wife and children

Did he bother contacting Sideshow?

Back