Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what HUGE difference is that exactly?

Skin tone is different, glossier, and lacks the fine shading and detail, pants appear new and unused, base is different and has less weathering...

Could just be the pictures, but all these small differences add up. One of those statues is clearly professionally painted, and one is factory mass produced.

20728188_10203953821321858_1748673237549101361_n.jpg

Pants look well-weathered here.

Big mystery to me is the adjustment of the arm bands, but maybe SSC has a reason behind that. If the arms detach, maybe it needed a longer peg/deeper peg hole. Not a deal breaker at all as it doesn't look bad IMO.

Paint is beyond what I was expecting. I waited to see if SSC could deliver those paint spatter effect on the skin on the final product, and there it is. Definitely one of Sideshow's best releases this year, if not ever.

This looks very good... A good in hand video may tempt me even more.. But I have to draw the line somewhere. I literally have no room. I could always start rotating my pieces... This will be a hard piece to ignore.

Fantastic piece, sideshow actually delivered with this paint app! Only things I'd change is having the batsignal more prominent as you can't actually see it under bane's foot. Would also like a less roided up version a la knightfall but they definitely nailed this design :clap

Does anyone have a photo comparrison of previous sideshow Premium formats that failed with the paint app? I always hear about it.

Fantastic piece, sideshow actually delivered with this paint app! Only things I'd change is having the batsignal more prominent as you can't actually see it under bane's foot. Would also like a less roided up version a la knightfall but they definitely nailed this design :clap

I also like a Bane who's not totally roided up. However, this piece looks awesome as is. The venom plays a factor in his physical appearance and I don't think sideshow made him so big that he looks bad. They certainly pushed the envelope as far as they could without Bane looking awkwardly huge IMO. Besides, there are some peeps that are complaining he's too small to begin with. I think there would be complaints coming out of the wazoo if he looked much leaner (like the way Nolan and Aparo drew him originally). Look at what happened with the Darkseid PF. He was originally drawn as a slightly larger man (Kirby, Byrne, Giffen) than Supes. Then artists in the 90's started blowing him up drastically in size. Now everyone wanted the Darkseid PF to look like a house with an attached garage. I had zero issues with a smaller looking classic Darkseid. Unfortunately, most collectors have a bigger is better mentality. Even though I don't think that way, I must say sideshow did a great job with this Bane statue. It just looks incredibly impressive and I can't wait to add it to my collection.

That's Kelley Jones cover art. If you actually read the issue, the interior art is drawn by Nolan. Jones always drew a monstrous sized Bane. Nolan (who helped create the character) did not. Either way, I think the PF looks phenomenal.

I read the series, what 20-25 yrs ago LOL. I don't recall the interior(s) but I always remember the cover art.

Loving the pics I am seeing on this forum as well as Facebook. Next Tuesday cannot come fast enough (the day mine ships)!.

Real excited! My hope of it fitting with Killer Croc is fading though. Even for on the top of my Besta. I'm not too confident.

From FB, next to some Prime 1 1/3 pieces... nah he's not that big LOL!!

20819694_10155030275196025_8831997966594163565_o.jpg

Back