Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like both colors, but think blue inches out into the lead. Didnt get modern age cuz I just couldnt get past the size of the chest logo and the cheap plastic belt from Mego.

It's just a personal preference. I think he looks sinister and frightening in black. In blue, not so much.

The yellow belt does look cheap, but similar to comic haha

Yeah, my nit on the MA Batman was the belt. Sideshow could have done better.

Ideally though, MA Batman creates the perfect "Knightfall" display with this Bane, just as MA Batman makes a great "The Killing Joke" display with the OG Joker PF :)

Also can't believe how some pieces are regarded here in our country. Most collectors here are now into XM/Prime1 and mostly Marvel characters. You can't sell a MA Batman here for $400 and not wait for 2 months having it unsold, I had to take the best offer of $380.

Ideally though, MA Batman creates the perfect "Knightfall" display with this Bane, just as MA Batman makes a great "The Killing Joke" display with the OG Joker PF :)

Also can't believe how some pieces are regarded here in our country. Most collectors here are now into XM/Prime1 and mostly Marvel characters. You can't sell a MA Batman here for $400 and not wait for 2 months having it unsold, I had to take the best offer of $380.

Oh man that is good price. I would instantly buy it at that price

I'm having a hard time selling anything Sideshow as well. The only way is like selling at less than retail.

It depends on timing and where you're selling SS stuff as well. MA Bats successfully sells above retail on eBay, whereas you might have more difficulty here advertising just another Batman statue when we're seeing companies announcing new ones every week. The extent of research most retail customers do is look to see if it's sold out and, if they like the look of the piece enough, they'll pay the markup. On the forum B/S/T, I have to question if even the money on even a discounted older piece isn't better spent investing in a newer PO.

It depends on timing and where you're selling SS stuff as well. MA Bats successfully sells above retail on eBay, whereas you might have more difficulty here advertising just another Batman statue when we're seeing companies announcing new ones every week. The extent of research most retail customers do is look to see if it's sold out and, if they like the look of the piece enough, they'll pay the markup. On the forum B/S/T, I have to question if even the money on even a discounted older piece isn't better spent investing in a newer PO.

Great Post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. Haven't hunted down anything for years. I just stick the money on POs now

Coming from a completely different view, My wife and I collect SSC PF's from a purely "artistic" stance, never considering the retained value of a statue or see a piece as an "investment." To me it is bewildering to not buy an older piece as it may not retain value? Aren't these pieces meant to contribute to a desired aesthetic once displayed? Buying any new statue on the market will not give the same presence as MA Batman, hence I purchased aftermarket.

Back