Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree to a certain extent. If they make it a practice to re-open the Ex waitlist, then they fully undermine the plan you outlined. If it happens frequently then folks will wise up and not jump on the Regs aggressively, and just wait for the Ex WL to re-open. My intuition is they likely data mined their WL order history and improved their model for shutting them down sooner.

Reopening the WL doesn't totally undermine their strategy. Let's say they reopen Thanos and Bane. Those will fill up very quickly and not everyone who already ordered a REG will be able to jump on the WL. Those that miss out in that small window to hop on the WL will still have to hold on to the REG. SSC will move more REGs that way regardless. Also, let's not forget there will always be collectors that don't want to take a chance of missing out and lock down a REG no matter what tactics SSC uses.

Reopening the WL doesn't totally undermine their strategy. Let's say they reopen Thanos and Bane. Those will fill up very quickly and not everyone who already ordered a REG will be able to jump on the WL. Those that miss out in that small window to hop on the WL will still have to hold on to the REG. SSC will move more REGs that way regardless. Also, let's not forget there will always be collectors that don't want to take a chance of missing out and lock down a REG no matter what tactics SSC uses.

I don't disagree with your scenario above, but reread my post "if they make it a practice to re-open the EX WL" meaning re-opening the Ex WL has to be the exception and NOT the rule, otherwise buyers will catch on.

Spoke too soon, converted last night. Now, do I REALLY want this at $700? With 1/4 P1 Finch N52 and 1/3 Lee Hush Batmen on the horizon... sigh.

Spoke too soon, converted last night. Now, do I REALLY want this at $700? With 1/4 P1 Finch N52 and 1/3 Lee Hush Batmen on the horizon... sigh.

Congrats! Well, you know how I feel about the piece. Personally, I'd cut any NEW 52 statue to get this Bane PF in my collection. That said, I hate the NEW 52.

Pre ordered at last no EX but oh well. I'll very likely never sell it anyways. Looks like it'll be one of DC's very best Premium Formats. Had to cancel the Prime One Harley though.

Pre ordered at last no EX but oh well. I'll very likely never sell it anyways. Looks like it'll be one of DC's very best Premium Formats. Had to cancel the Prime One Harley though.
IMO, you made the right choice. This Bane PF is a BEAST!

IMO, you made the right choice. This Bane PF is a BEAST!

I agree. Probably because I'm more into comic-based statues, but I do thing this Bane PF is the better choice as well.

The Bane PF is my most anticipated statue! I know Thanos is for a lot of people but I've always been a huge Bane fan. I'm in my early 30's so when I was a kid there wasn't anything cooler than reading Knightfall and seeing Bane not only outsmart Bruce Wayne, but to walk into the Bat Cave and beat the hell out of Batman. I hated paying $700 bucks for it, but I prepared myself knowing he might be pretty pricey. When asked by relatives what I wanted for x-mas I told them sideshow gift cards. Spooktacular RP + the gift cards made it a much easier pill to swallow.

The only thing is now I have to find a reasonably priced Modern Batman to display with him.

Quick question on this if anyone's heard but is this 23 inches tall from the bottom of the base to the top of the tube or top of the head?

Quick question on this if anyone's heard but is this 23 inches tall from the bottom of the base to the top of the tube or top of the head?

I think it would be bottom of base to top of Bane's head. That would make Bane around 20" without the base (approximating that the base is 3" or less), which is perfect 1/4 scale of Bane's 6'8" height in the comics :)

Ok Cool, yeah I'm not worried about the scale at all. just the usual ending up too tall to fit inside a Besta square.

Yeah I have the old tombo doors so adjusting the shelves any throws the other ones off and the the metal frames block the view.

Back