1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the proto.

Probably. Is it possible SS do collaboration with HT? Just let HT do headsculpt and SS the rest, might be awesome. SS tailoring and accessories it not bad but headsulpt as a vital point is the weakest

1. product will look nothing like the prototype paint - it will be primitive and garish in comparison
2. the price point is just outrageous considering how much aftermarket work the figure will take to look as good as the prototype
3. why is this pattern of behavior so easy to predict?

Just saw this on Facebook.

4e6db3e72d9f483542ad1a68b265bbff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i can see it now… (laughs out loud at the huge gap in quality between the lalla prototype and the factory product)

Lalla is painting for SS now?!

Believe it or not, he's been painting for Sideshow Prototypes ever since the 1/6 Nathan Drake. That unfortunately gives us an indication of how this will possibly turn out even with Lalla painting the prototypes.

I'm so SO tired of the complaints between prototype and actual release.... Gag me can we not talk about anything else?!

So long as there's breath in their lungs, they still carry the message......that the production will look nothing like proto.

I'll gladly take one for the team and PO it.

If this figure comes out and looks good, I will order it when it's in stock. That's the deal SS. I don't trust you enough to spend a quarter of a grand without confidence. Ignoring shipping, this costs $30 less than I paid for my HT Die Cast Mark 43. That shouldn't be the case.

I'm so SO tired of the complaints between prototype and actual release.... Gag me can we not talk about anything else?!

Yeah its gonna be a loooooonnngg ~10 months. I think everyone will have it out of their system in a month or 2 though...

I do wish Sideshow would make every effort to make sure this looks like the prototype

i can see it now… (laughs out loud at the huge gap in quality between the lalla prototype and the factory product)

That prototype is amazing, but as we know the final product will not look like that.

I really don't care about the price, I bought/pre order mine. I think the figure has potential and yes it'll need some improvements. Which I'll be glad to do on mine. Really looking forward

That prototype is amazing, but as we know the final product will not look like that.

I really don't care about the price, I bought/pre order mine. I think the figure has potential and yes it'll need some improvements. Which I'll be glad to do on mine. Really looking forward

i'll pick one up too but am looking at it from the point of view of a really nice kit that needs to be painted, weathered, futzed with, etc.

taking this piece straight out of the box and comparing it to the promo photos will just depress people - whoops! i better shut my mouth.

The thing is it wouldn't be talked about so much if it wasn't such a persistent issue with Sideshow. They need a string of strong releases to prove to people that they're improving. Unfortunately the case with characters that have human sculpts that are supposed to look like an actors they've released a lot of duds.

I quite like a lot of Sideshow stuff, I own the Sideshow Darth Vader, R2D2 and Boba Fett, and I have yet to be disappointed. However, what is with this head sculpt? It looks so off. It's disappointing because I love Evil Dead and I was looking forward to this release, but it just looks so off.

The thing is it wouldn't be talked about so much if it wasn't such a persistent issue with Sideshow. They need a string of strong releases to prove to people that they're improving. Unfortunately the case with characters that have human sculpts that are supposed to look like an actors they've released a lot of duds.

Yeah like that red5 figure they did recently, the proto looked decent and then the mp showed up :slap
I was looking forward to that figure too, but it seems the best thing to do for that figure is to put the ht luke head on it. I shouldn't have to put a ht hs on a ssc figure to make it look good.

... It's disappointing because I love Evil Dead and I was looking forward to this release, but it just looks so off.

I keep looking at the head, and that is what is preventing me from pre ordering so far. I think the problem is the expressive face of the character/actor are part of the appeal. However, they went the all-too-common route of a neutral expression. Trying to throw the eyebrow in there to give it character falls very short and actually makes it look more 'off'. Neutral doesn't work here. I don't expect a maniacally laughing head (which would have been a much better ex add on), but I wish they would have gone with a cocky smirk, grimacing grit teeth, or even a dumbfounded blank stare. Anything would have been better than this middle of the road neutrality.

guess I will buy it for just the clothes. About SS head? I will end up getting a custom one and replacing it.

Back