1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the exclusive completely sold out and removed from the site? I can't find it on Google.

This is making it really hard not to spend my RP on.....

Caved in and Ordered regular. Sideshow Drake was very disappointing! Galactic Customs fixed there mess for me.:lol Anyone wants to sell hand exclusive pm me. Hopefully Jason is just as good!

bed10be8ef2b086ce8c626eec87dc202.jpg

I got it with a discount using this code they provided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lookie there, Sideshow doesn't crap the bed on a figure and it sells really well. A miracle I tell ya, a miracle :lol

This is making me very tempted on the Dengar, but that price....man, why don't I have a money tree? Glad to see SSC paint apps looking a lot better with this one and the Maul figure. Maul got an easy pass. Dude is red and black. No one can **** that up. But this one shows a huge improvement.

And chest fangs = I assume for stability?

They need to now fix their somewhat crap base bodies. This body is the same as the tie pilot? It's tight on that figure which is good.

It just hit me what the hell people were talking about with chest fangs :lol

It's unsightly sure, but eh I can live with it.

Yeah, Sideshow is notorious for having a hard time with their bodies. Frequently they are flimsy, and in that case, the fangs may be a way to keep the figure from falling over. Be nice if we had a TTM-19 or the equivalent, but. . .

Figure looks really good in all pics/lighting, though the paint rub on his arm is concerning. . .I don't buy into the "almost gone, order now!" ploy, though. Sideshow has done that sort of thing many times in the past. Item gets sold out, then mysteriously comes back in stock, and later even gets discounted. I've got a pre-order in at BBTS, but may go SSC if I can get a decent discount code when it is in stock.

Just got mine an hour ago. I am VERY pleased. The way this turned out gives me zero hesitation to order the Jack Burton.

Looks so good in person. My worries about the overly muscled up body appear to have been for nothing. Aside from the rib fangs I do like the body very much. Tight joints and the fangs hide pretty easy in the tattered shirt. Head looks more like Bruce in person than the pics show.

Only complaints are things others have already mentioned. The long laces on the holster stick out at funny angles, and the teflon taped wrist is just kind of weird. I'll have to do something about them but otherwise just WOW. Love it.

Edit: Oh, and the saw. Quality is great, but design wise it's a bit of a 'hybrid' saw from the various props used in the filming. I guess its fine, but I'd rather they have just picked one and done it faithfully. I actually like the Iminime saw better.

Last edited:
The chest fangs don't have any function that I can tell; I assume it was an aesthetic choice. When posed an on the shelf it's a non-issue for me; it looks a bit funky but certainly not a deal breaker. And overall the quality on the muscular bodies I've had have all been very good.

The only thing I don't like about the body (from a customizing standpoint) is the ball joints for the ankles are a design unique to Sideshow; so it makes using them for other projects problematic.

Waitlist converted :rock

Everyone's pics look awesome. This guy looks amazing I n all lighting conditions and varied quality pics.

The chest fangs are a true conundrum though. I can see how they may have been intended to have some stability function, but I can't see how that would actually work in practice. They are a really really poor design choice and a total eye sore. It shouldn't be hard for SS to keep the majority of this body design, and just make a couple small tweaks like loosing those horrid fangs, making the quality of the joints more consistent from piece to piece (I noticed variation in joint tightness on different Indy bodies), and like GB said, making the boot pegs more compatible with HT shoes

Everyone's pics look awesome. This guy looks amazing I n all lighting conditions and varied quality pics.

The chest fangs are a true conundrum though. I can see how they may have been intended to have some stability function, but I can't see how that would actually work in practice. They are a really really poor design choice and a total eye sore. It shouldn't be hard for SS to keep the majority of this body design, and just make a couple small tweaks like loosing those horrid fangs, making the quality of the joints more consistent from piece to piece (I noticed variation in joint tightness on different Indy bodies), and like GB said, making the boot pegs more compatible with HT shoes

I think the fangs were meant to be ab muscles. Instead of having the straight line like other muscle bodies, the fangs are there to break it up. If that is the case, it would have been better to have them more rounded.

When did you jump on the wait list?

I think the fangs were meant to be ab muscles. Instead of having the straight line like other muscle bodies, the fangs are there to break it up. If that is the case, it would have been better to have them more rounded.

That's my guess as well... sort of intended to look more natural, but it just doesn't work. Maybe they'll eventually revise the design and remove them, but probably not. At the very least the body's are well made and have nice proportions.

I HATE this figure.......mainly cause my budget is spent up this year and I am pissed at SS for coming through with him....

Maybe a rich uncle will die and leave me extra cash for him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used the delay notice a couple months back to cancel and get my NRD back...I was certain they would crap the bed with this. My worst figure is their Snake Plisken, and I thought for sure I could get this at a discount post release. Oops.

It's amazing the jump up in quality from the Army of Darkness line that they put out all those years ago. Mine will ship out around the third. I was lucky enough to grab the s-mart Ash and the other 2 AoD Ashes for a total of $200 about a year ago. This one will go great with them.

Back