Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'v always thought heavy critics do it because it somehow makes them feel more valid, like they are part of the creative process. Make no mistake, creating is significantly harder than criticizing.

I think a lot of artists are leaving the forums, and I think it's is multiple reasons. One is what you mentioned with them having to field post after post of people insulting their work, and while many of them have thick skins, I don't see them ever engaging in the back and forth of it.' Secondly the time crunches for many of them are getting worse and worse, and I they are turning to FB groups to get their brand out there. Guys are just there making 7-10K on custom fullbody pieces, and FB is where they are selling them. Many just don't have the time or the energy to be in the forums. I know since I got sculpting my time for the boards has decreased. More doing...less talking. However, I do agree with you ink that sometimes people choose to forget just how many hours go into these and rip into someone's work in a callus and entirely useless way.

Most artists do not frequent these statue forums. Especially the ones sculpting the various pieces we all see on here. I am in a different industry but don't really share my art on video game forums either. I share on art specific sites as well as social media where I am connected with 1000s of other artists I admire and work amongst. It's definitely easier to get critique from fellow artists as they understand the nuance and difficulties that go into what we do everyday. I may not like every statue that gets made but I respect the hell out of the artists that do them. I think critique is valuable but you need to be constructive about it and understand that someone put a ton of work into whatever your bashing.

Most artists do not frequent these statue forums. Especially the ones sculpting the various pieces we all see on here. I am in a different industry but don't really share my art on video game forums either. I share on art specific sites as well as social media where I am connected with 1000s of other artists I admire and work amongst. It's definitely easier to get critique from fellow artists as they understand the nuance and difficulties that go into what we do everyday. I may not like every statue that gets made but I respect the hell out of the artists that do them. I think critique is valuable but you need to be constructive about it and understand that someone put a ton of work into whatever your bashing.

Words of wisdom :clap

I'v always thought heavy critics do it because it somehow makes them feel more valid, like they are part of the creative process. Make no mistake, creating is significantly harder than criticizing.

A heavy well thought out critique can be the BEST of hung that ever happens to a project. I never learned more as an artist as I did when a buddy of mine who graduated from the Kubert School would literally dismantle my WIP pencils. Now once I had completed a piece he would dial it back a bit, but I learned more it a year then in all the previous 30. However that brings me to my next point....

Actually most of the heavyweight artists use to be in here or SF. Manage, Andy B, he'll most of SSCs and XMs stable of artist use to most frequently. However, ,any people on both forums don't attempt to give constructive criticism; they have an axe to grind or they just don't have the knowledge and you get useless critiques like "that's awesome", "that looks like a$$", or the ever useful"what a piece of ****". So over time the artists left because there was never a point to engaging it.

Saw the movie last night aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd it was AWESOME! I completely ignored this piece till after seeing the movie and now I think I'll be pulling the trigger, the armour was just SO BADASS.

One thing I would have preferred (mostly because EX's cost me more) is the gun on the reg, and a certain pointy weapon as the ex. Going from no gun, to gun, is a "bigger" deal then just swapping accessories.

I thought it was mostly positive apart from critics to be honest. Kinda a split decision amoung fans. Like a marmite movie :lol

23" at only 18 lbs?! That's similar but bigger than Capt Charge on Hydra and is 2 lbs less... Oh no , whats it made out of??

Sounds right to me. The fabric cape really brings the weight down.

Yeah, but look at him compared to Capt America. A whole lot more mass in statue and base yet 2lbs lighter than Capt and Capt has smaller dimensions 22x7x11 (I think). AB is 23x15x15.

Last edited:
Back