Sideshow announces arkham asylum and arkham city collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. But technically, SS 1/6 classic Joker and Batman are now useless IMO. Everyone and their dog would wait for this new variants, except from completists I think.

Last edited:
Once Arkham Joker is shown and goes up for pre-order I'm selling my Comic Joker... But I'm sure we will get 1/6:

Picture4-1.png

Yes!

So down for these!

Just hope we're talking 1:4 statues, if these are 1:6 dolls then I'm out.

Chris

:exactly: This is how I feel. My wallet is in trouble if these are 1/4 scale statues. Damn, I want a 1/4 Arkham Deathstroke statue sooooooooo bad.

Actually yeah, maybe HT do 1/6 ACity only while SSC do 1/6 AAsylum. I'd be ok with that.

More old news. Announced WAAAAY back when they first announced the DC 1/6th liscense. even saw a 1/6th figure concept sketch back tehn. Nice to see them moving on it though.

More old news. Announced WAAAAY back when they first announced the DC 1/6th liscense. even saw a 1/6th figure concept sketch back tehn. Nice to see them moving on it though.

Not really...sure they made the concept sketch (like Psycho posted) but when they were asked about Arkham figures they said they would only be doing their versions of DC characters and to look to HT for the Arkham figures so it's kinda new news

To be fair, this could be stuff like PFs. There wasn't really any indication of "figures" like with the Apidey announcement. Either way, it's great news. If it's SSC doing figures, fantastic; if not, maybe it'll convince Howard to move his *** and join the party.:lol

Well we really don't know what they will be doing but I'm pretty confident that we will be seeing both 1/6 Figures and 1/4 PF as Hot Toy's ONLY has the rights to ARKHAM CITY... I much prefer Asylum over City but that's just me...

Can't say I'm excited about it but it would be nice to have classic looking representation of Batman in the collection. Arkham Asylum is a nice look, so I could see picking one up.

Hopefully this will get HT to get moving on their figures now. Nothing like a good healthy competition to get us better figures :rock

I can see SS doing 1/6 scale figs for these. There would be too much armor and molded rubber involved in the Batman suits. I could have seen them doing Origins Batman before the outfits from Asylum or City. The Origins suit is a cloth suit covered with armored pads which I think is easier to make. Kinda like making a Darth Vader figure vs. a Batman Begins figure.

Well this is interesting. from what ive seen SS are relatively fast at completing their figures. I'm thinking these figures will get done before HotToys
Could that be why HotToys have been so quite about this? Could this push back HotToys version even farther? Im very curious what will happen. Either way were getting Batman figures.

Itll be cool to see who does it better

Has Hot Toys and sideshow ever done the same figures though? I thought Hot Toys could only improve on older figures Sideshow has done if they shared the license? (Bespin Luke, Indiana Jones, etc)

Back