Sideshow and Bowen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkzip

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I am wondering why anyone would buy Bowen through Sideshow?

You can get Bowen through your local retailer and you would have the advantage of looking at the figure beforehand.

If you want the reward points, you can typically get the majority of Bowen figures at a substantial discount on eBay.

This is not specific to Marvel, but I asked the same thing about Medicom Star Wars through Sideshow.

I have recently discovered the answer. SSC is a great company that does a lot for its fans because the fans support them.

SSC recently mailed me a very nice Holiday prize as they did 74 other people.

If sending SSC $5 more here and there can enable them to keep doing things like that, I will do it.

I would rather support my local retailer than Sideshow given a choice though.

people like me dont have a local retailer anywhere remotely close. so i need to buy from some place where i know i can return an item with limited hassle if something is broken or what not. sideshow provides me with that level of customer service. so they get a little more of my money and i get reward points and great customer service. fair trade i say.

I would rather support my local retailer than Sideshow given a choice though.

My local retailer is kinda diluded.

Haven't been there for a while, but they were trying to sell regular edition SSC SW figures for $10 above MSRP.:lol

I'd love to support them, but they're bassackwards.

people like me dont have a local retailer anywhere remotely close. so i need to buy from some place where i know i can return an item with limited hassle if something is broken or what not. sideshow provides me with that level of customer service. so they get a little more of my money and i get reward points and great customer service. fair trade i say.

Some of the retailers online have great customer service and sell at a discount. I'm not saying to not buy from Sideshow. Just playing devils advocate.

Some of the retailers online have great customer service and sell at a discount. I'm not saying to not buy from Sideshow. Just playing devils advocate.
true and i have used other retailers. sideshow doesnt carry everything i want. but they aren't that much cheaper and i figure my rewards points are worth it.

Why buy any of the distributed product direct from Sideshow?

1) Convenience - I like having most of my online orders in one place. The ease of cancellation is unique for an online dealer too.

2) Sideshow Rewards points - free money if you order from them often enough.

true and i have used other retailers. sideshow doesnt carry everything i want. but they aren't that much cheaper and i figure my rewards points are worth it.

Another thing is that I think Sideshow is doing well no matter what. Some of the online retailers probably need your support to stay afloat.

Why buy any of the distributed product direct from Sideshow?

1) Convenience - I like having most of my online orders in one place. The ease of cancellation is unique for an online dealer too.

2) Sideshow Rewards points - free money if you order from them often enough.

I actually typically will only buy Sideshow Exclusives direct.

I have had some major problems with Sideshow in the past over statue defects, including one statue I had to send back twice, and also shipping problems that were their fault.

Another thing is that I think Sideshow is doing well no matter what. Some of the online retailers probably need your support to stay afloat.

Thats an interesting philosophy that a lot of people follow, IMO, illogically.

Think of it this way. If 2 plumbers came to your door and 1 was driving a brand new truck and was dressed in clean coveralls and the other was driving a beat up truck and wore torn and dirty coveralls, who would you hire?

The latter may need the money more, but the former's wealth shows professionalism and success from the fact that he probably gets repeat business and referrals.

Just saying.

Thats an interesting philosophy that a lot of people follow, IMO, illogically.

Think of it this way. If 2 plumbers came to your door and 1 was driving a brand new truck and was dressed in clean coveralls and the other was driving a beat up truck and wore torn and dirty coveralls, who would you hire?

The latter may need the money more, but the former's wealth shows professionalism and success from the fact that he probably gets repeat business and referrals.

Just saying.

But Sideshow is not really in competition with online retailers. They aren't in the same category.

Another thing is that some online retailers will actually open the product and look to see if there are any flaws before shipping it to you. Not so with Sideshow.

Another thing is that some online retailers will actually open the product and look to see if there are any flaws before shipping it to you. Not so with Sideshow.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I wouldn't want someone to open an item except for me.

If SSC sends you a broken piece, they'll take it back.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I wouldn't want someone to open an item except for me.

If SSC sends you a broken piece, they'll take it back.

I consider it a good thing. My time is money too, and sending something back takes my time.

Your time is worth less than your money.

:rotfl

Youre hard to please.

I don't see how time could be worth less than money, as most people spend time to earn money.

I am not that hard to please, I just expect statues not to have major defects like large areas where the paint is chipped off. This has happened to me with Sideshow more than once.

Back