Sideshow Anakin Episode III VS Sideshow Darth Vader episode III, differences?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am busy hunting down parts to start working on a custom Anakin from Episode III (I am mainly after his final battle look) and I was wondering what exactly is different in both Episode III Anakin versions Sideshow offers?

I know that obviously the headsculpt is different, but to me that doesn't matter since I will end up replacing it with a custom anyways. My main worries are clothing / accecoiries.

Thanks alot in advance!

The quality on the clothes for the Vader version are better, and it comes with that great Mustafar stand. Get the Vader version if you intend to swap the sculpt. Though you may want to wait since Hot Toys has talked about making an Anakin figure in the DX line.

The quality on the clothes for the Vader version are better, and it comes with that great Mustafar stand. Get the Vader version if you intend to swap the sculpt. Though you may want to wait since Hot Toys has talked about making an Anakin figure in the DX line.

This was my original plan, but Howard Chan promised this a few years ago with no real practical results. If I'm not mistaking the most recent news is basically that he still wants to make it, which he says about lots of lines that end up not showing up :/ I want the DX version but nothing is pointing in the direction we'll ever actually see it as far as I know.

I think that when comparing either of the two sideshow versions with the Medicom version, the Medicom Anakin wins hands down. The clothing fits better and the headsculpt is much better (though not perfect). You may want to consider that one. However, if you can get a hold of a Darren Carnall sculpted head, then you can mod the Sideshow figure to be better than the Medicom one.

In case you are no familiar with the Carnall resculpt, Here is a picture of it and the stock Sideshow Anakin:

4581570104.jpg

I think that when comparing either of the two sideshow versions with the Medicom version, the Medicom Anakin wins hands down. The clothing fits better and the headsculpt is much better (though not perfect). You may want to consider that one. However, if you can get a hold of a Darren Carnall sculpted head, then you can mod the Sideshow figure to be better than the Medicom one.

In case you are no familiar with the Carnall resculpt, Here is a picture of it and the stock Sideshow Anakin:

View attachment 94872

I actually got a far better headsculpt version planned, completely made from scratch and getting some pro painters from the board to paint it up :)

Back