Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stoods - Amazingly the maquette box is a bit smaller than the Queen diorama. Not by much, but it does seem easier to transport.

Very nice Oaktown! BTW, what base do you have Indy and Arnold on??

All of the Sideshow pieces (except the Aliens Maquette) are sitting on matching, custom made, bases. I wanted a uniform, museum type, look to all of the pieces. Some call it OCD :p

base.jpg

#25 showed up today and it's MINT. What an incredibly detailed statue. One of my faves now.

Alien3.jpg

Dont know if its the lighting....but why is its head and body two different colors?

Chris

It's just the flash picking up different colours at different angles. The statue looks pretty dark (almost black) unless brightly lit.

That picture certainly does make it seem like the head/neck and body were painted differently and attached afterward. I finally got around to rearranging my Bestas yesterday and was able to fit this beast in. He certainly is dark. The combination of his darkness, and the fact that I opted for the dark brown Bestas, makes it seem like he is just emerging from the darkness. This gives him a whole other dimension of reality. The maquette is the most realistic thing I have in my collection and quite awesome displayed this way. I can see myself enjoying him for years to come.

Now bring on the Alien maquette, Sideshow! :D

Woot! Got mine coming.
Just won it on ebay for $130 less then sideshow retail! lol
Nice.

Great catch!

It appears to be a great time to buy the piece at 20% below retail. There are a number of them available on the bay now. It's a buyer's market. If you're on the fence, this might be the best time to hop on board.

That picture certainly does make it seem like the head/neck and body were painted differently and attached afterward. I finally got around to rearranging my Bestas yesterday and was able to fit this beast in. He certainly is dark. The combination of his darkness, and the fact that I opted for the dark brown Bestas, makes it seem like he is just emerging from the darkness. This gives him a whole other dimension of reality. The maquette is the most realistic thing I have in my collection and quite awesome displayed this way. I can see myself enjoying him for years to come.

Now bring on the Alien maquette, Sideshow! :D

Awesome Furystorm!

If its not much trouble, can you post some pictures of him in your besta unit - I am curious to see how he fits :)

Man the pics in this thread look awesome. I'm regretting my decision to not pick this up.

If its not much trouble, can you post some pictures of him in your besta unit - I am curious to see how he fits

No problem, although these are really bad iPhone pictures, which is slightly embarrassing because I've been meaning to buy a camera for some time now. Seems like all my disposable income goes to Sideshow or other toys...

Here he is, you can see I uplight him sometimes at night, but I don't really like these little puck lights:

picture.php

And another angle:

picture.php

No problem, although these are really bad iPhone pictures, which is slightly embarrassing because I've been meaning to buy a camera for some time now. Seems like all my disposable income goes to Sideshow or other toys...

Here he is, you can see I uplight him sometimes at night, but I don't really like these little puck lights:

picture.php

And another angle:

picture.php

Thanks for the pics furystorm - looks great!
Were you able to fit him in there by positioning the shelf in the middle? Not sure if I explained that right....:)
I guess what I mean is, about how many inches high is he?

Personally I'd get the Sideshow Alien 3 maquette or the Cinemaquette Alien. You could hold off for the next Alien maquette which has been confirmed I think, but I don't know if it is the original Alien or Resurrection or AVP.
If you plan on displaying it below eye level the crouched and hunched over pose is useless. It has nice details and paint. The claws on the feet are terrible. For some dumb reason it is not in scale with the Alien 3 maquette :gah:

Personally I'd get the Sideshow Alien 3 maquette or the Cinemaquette Alien. You could hold off for the next Alien maquette which has been confirmed I think, but I don't know if it is the original Alien or Resurrection or AVP.
If you plan on displaying it below eye level the crouched and hunched over pose is useless. It has nice details and paint. The claws on the feet are terrible. For some dumb reason it is not in scale with the Alien 3 maquette :gah:

Ive actually already got the Alien 3 maquette - LOVE IT - but adding this to the collection might be kinda cool if they are making an ALIEN maquette as well. Having all 3 would look really cool.

Im not really a fan of the cinemaquette alien. :(

I want this piece so bad.....

I've been thinking about canceling Rocketeer and Gandalf and/or Mola and get this instead.....

Good idea or not?????

Back