Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Warrior Sneak

"It's like lookin' in a mirror!"

SDCC74.jpg
100_0385.jpg

This makes me sad and disappointed even moreso than before......They really look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much alike. I mean, even the base on the dio had more effort put into it than the full size maquette. Its as though they just took the scans from the dio model, reworked it a bit, and then made a quick sculpt, tweaking it here and there, and then said DONE!

If this was priced lower, say around the 499.99 - 599.99 mark, id be a little more forgiving, but its just really hard to justify this price.

But there is still something inside me that says I want it :( (probably the hard core Alien fan in me thats trying not to let go)

Re: Alien Warrior Sneak

This makes me sad and disappointed even moreso than before......They really look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much alike. I mean, even the base on the dio had more effort put into it than the full size maquette. Its as though they just took the scans from the dio model, reworked it a bit, and then made a quick sculpt, tweaking it here and there, and then said DONE!

If this was priced lower, say around the 499.99 - 599.99 mark, id be a little more forgiving, but its just really hard to justify this price.

But there is still something inside me that says I want it :( (probably the hard core Alien fan in me thats trying not to let go)

i agree, they really screwed you guys as far as pose goes, if i were an alien fan, i would just get the queen dio and alien warrior dio and just forget about this piece :eek:

Re: Alien Warrior--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

it looks awesome !
it has the standard price of a maquette i think.
it is way better that the power loader dio in my opinion.

I ordered it and the 1/2 IM..and the 1:1 IM mark II come the 30th....wow...its been an expensive week :google

Chris

I ordered this monster. ...don't know how I'm going to pay for the damn thing though :lol

I'm thinking about ordering but still on the fence. Does anyone who was at SDCC and saw this know how much smaller the alien it's self is than the dog alien maquette?
I feel like a lot less work and detail went into this than the alien 3. Seems like a rip off because it was in house. I really want to pick it up because I love the look of the alien in aliens and it would be cool with my dog alien maquette if it's not much smaller but a bit disappointed. I don't know much about gore group either os that doesn't help my decision...

So is this not in scale with the Dog Alien piece? Seems smaller, but I wasn't sure about that.

The Dog was 1/3 scale. I get the idea that this one is 1/4 scale whch would make it a bit smaller, but haven;t seen any confirmation of that.

Personally, I would prefer it to be 1/4 scale to go with my PF collection. Though if I had the dog I would probably feel differently about that :lol

I flex payed it. I was dissapointed with the pose but I don't any Alien or maquette stuff so I'm okay with it.

I can't imagine them including the base if it were 1/3 scale, must be 1/4.

i think the sculptors at ss should watch the movie a few times to get ideas on different poeses,it like they don't know how to pose this thing more than once.

Having now seen this in person I personally believe the price is not too outrageous. And I in no way regret ordering, it is a must have for me.

Oh, and it's bigger than images show!

Having now seen this in person I personally believe the price is not too outrageous. And I in no way regret ordering, it is a must have for me.

Oh, and it's bigger than images show!

Do you have the Sil maquette? Is it larger than her?
How about the Queen 1/4 bust. Do you think it'll go well with her?
I was never planning on displaying the Warrior with my Dog Alien so, I'm fine with 1/4 scale. As a matter of fact, the Alien3 maquette is only 1/3 scale because they used the molds from the puppet used in the film.
I don't believe there was a Warrior maquette made so Sideshow's only way to make the Warrior was to sculpt it from scratch. It's only fitting that they would make it in 1/4 scale to go along with the Alien Queen bust.

Furystorm, One more thing. Are the tendons on his mouth translucent? They look like they are in some pics but, others no.
Thanks!

It appears that they are but it also looks like they never took the time to blend them. They just glued them in place. It also looks in some of the pics that people have posted that the front right one is coming off...

The Dog was 1/3 scale. I get the idea that this one is 1/4 scale whch would make it a bit smaller, but haven;t seen any confirmation of that.

Personally, I would prefer it to be 1/4 scale to go with my PF collection. Though if I had the dog I would probably feel differently about that :lol

It is definitely 1/4 and it's going to look awesome next to my Predator. It is however bigger than it looks in these pics.

Do you have the Sil maquette? Is it larger than her?
How about the Queen 1/4 bust. Do you think it'll go well with her?
I was never planning on displaying the Warrior with my Dog Alien so, I'm fine with 1/4 scale. As a matter of fact, the Alien3 maquette is only 1/3 scale because they used the molds from the puppet used in the film.
I don't believe there was a Warrior maquette made so Sideshow's only way to make the Warrior was to sculpt it from scratch. It's only fitting that they would make it in 1/4 scale to go along with the Alien Queen bust.

Furystorm, One more thing. Are the tendons on his mouth translucent? They look like they are in some pics but, others no.
Thanks!

In scale with both Sil and Queen and would be sweet next to both. The mouth tendons are clear, yes.

Amazingly, this piece doesn't say anything on the site about being done with the help of Winston/LEgacy Studios, but it sure is perfect.

It was either this or the Predator 2 Maquette (not yet made) that I was saving up all my rewards points for, so after tax and shipping minus my $336.45 worth of points, my total on this badass is only $532.11:chew

Would have been even cheaper if it hadn't been for the $58.71 in California Tax though. Thanks Governator!

Check that: the decrease in price also decreased my tax to $34.32, bringing my total to $507.72 from $868.56. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

I'm really considering this maquette. I don't have any Alien pieces, but I do have a few movie-related PFs, so I think this would display well with them.

Only one thing I noticed that was off about this awesome figure is that the upper right dorsal tube was repositioned to make room for the head, so it's the only one not 'in line' properly, and the fill from cutting and moving the tube outward is noticable. However, the tubes on the Aliens in the movie wobbled around a bit when they moved, so I can forgive that on this piece, and even sorta consider it more accurate because of it.

...Amazingly, this piece doesn't say anything on the site about being done with the help of Winston/LEgacy Studios, but it sure is perfect.

Stan Winston Studios didn't have anything to do with this.

This was sculpted in house at Sideshow by The Gore Group, the same people that did the original Warrior diorama.

Back