Sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 (Version 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy an Alien Warrior 1:1 (Version 2)?

• DEFINITLY!!! I missed out on the original!

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • DEFINITLY!!! I need a companion to the first!

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • NOPE!!! No interest!

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
No. I have the 1:1 Alien Warrior Bust, and a limited edition of 400 is how it should stay, as a truely unique item in the Sideshow back-catalogue. The Stan Winston Studios connection is the kicker on that piece, and I would guess they are unlikely to revisit such a piece.

The best hope, like the equally coveted "Darkness 1:1 bust", is for a legendary scale version to be released.

But like a few others, a 1/4 scale Maquette is my true wish.

Come on Sideshow, make it happen in 2009!

I wasn't collecting when this was released, so of course I'd like SS to release a new one. Maybe they could do it in a brown colour... make it look different to the first.

The Aliens warrior bust is all I need to complete my STAN WINSTON 1:1 bust collection.

ohh hell yeaa! I would buy it if sideshow had it again but It wont happend.

ohh yeaa I forgot the TX bust but dont really care about that one.
dont get me wrong nice bust and all but T3 :(.

I'd LOVE IT if Sideshow re-released the 1:1 Alien Warrior with suddle changes!!! It would be a win win for everyone! People could get in on the Warrior who missed out and Sideshow would cash in on some big bucks!!!

:banana

No. I have the 1:1 Alien Warrior Bust, and a limited edition of 400 is how it should stay, as a truely unique item in the Sideshow back-catalogue. The Stan Winston Studios connection is the kicker on that piece, and I would guess they are unlikely to revisit such a piece.

The best hope, like the equally coveted "Darkness 1:1 bust", is for a legendary scale version to be released.

But like a few others, a 1/4 scale Maquette is my true wish.

Come on Sideshow, make it happen in 2009!
:lecture:lecture:lecture what he said.
I would love a 1/4 scale maquette. The alien warrior
bust has always been my fave in my collection and is one
statue that I will never ever sell. FKN LOVE IT!!!
2w3zukw.jpg

They have so much other stuff to make first. They should do an alien bust from the resurrection film or the predator 2 bust first. Also, owing the warrior bust, I would hate to see them reproduce a marginally different variant. It undercuts the whole notion of producing a limited edition.

I agree. they should put their effort into a 1/4 scale maquette of the warrior.

I would hate to see them reproduce a marginally different variant. It undercuts the whole notion of producing a limited edition.

For me... I could care LESS about how much my pieces are valued at. It's all about getting to enjoy and collect what you like. Not about being able to say "He, guess what that's worth"...

For some... it's all about collecting.
For others... it's all about their wallet and resale.

I do care about value to a certain extent.
If I had this magnificent piece I would keep it , yes , but it would be great to know it would be worth so much. I don't know if I would like to see another one of these made similar. If one was made I would buy it although I think I would rather save up and get the original .

It's about collecting for me. Not value. But the idea of making high end collectibles open editions (like toys you can purchase at wall mart) just doesn't make sense. Mark my words, it will kill the hobby. The reason they are expensive is because they are limited. That's what makes one shell out the cash (often in difficult times) to make sure they get something that might not be available later. If you just keep reproducing the thing, it doesn't really make sense for one to purchase the piece when initially released (there will always be a chance to purchase later). Why not make these pieces all open editions (with the disclosed possibility of opening production again at any time). At least that would be more honest.

If you really want a warrior, just forego purchasing other pieces, set your money aside, save up, and buy one. Then you'll be with me saying that they shouldn't reproduce it again.

It's about collecting for me. Not value. But the idea of making high end collectibles open editions (like toys you can purchase at wall mart) just doesn't make sense. Mark my words, it will kill the hobby. The reason they are expensive is because they are limited. That's what makes one shell out the cash (often in difficult times) to make sure they get something that might not be available later. If you just keep reproducing the thing, it doesn't really make sense for one to purchase the piece when initially released (there will always be a chance to purchase later). Why not make these pieces all open editions (with the disclosed possibility of opening production again at any time). At least that would be more honest.

If you really want a warrior, just forego purchasing other pieces, set your money aside, save up, and buy one. Then you'll be with me saying that they shouldn't reproduce it again.

i cant even find one the past few months

hey your right, my bad. just frustrating as this thing rules. i think i may have found one though, not sure if i can afford it until the fall. student teaching with no pay sucks

Back